[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Episode # 74: "Me And My Shadow"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Four
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Episode # 74: "Me And My Shadow" Reply with quote

Me And My Shadow
Written by Dale McRaven

Last edited by Scott on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was another fun episdode.
Loved the by play back and forth.
Of course, the fact that the mystery writer used a bug to chase the Partridges down could be considered cheating so I'm guessing that's why he donated the money anyway at the end, even though he technically won since he did find Chris and Tracy too.
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Shirley said to the girls, "There's Mick Jagger go check him out" & the girls scream!! That was funny.
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the EBay website & check out David Cassidy song "Daydream" & some of those Bell singles did NOT have the stereo sticker. Confused I saw only 1 copy that said "STEREO" on it.
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the song "A Friend And A Lover" released as a Stereo single on the original black & silver Bell Records 45 label?? I know that it was released in stereo as a red & white Bell Records promotional copy label.
BLUEBIRD
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthew C. Clark wrote:
As Shirley said to the girls, "There's Mick Jagger go check him out" & the girls scream!! That was funny.

Yes, but Keith's "They'd leave ME for Mick Jagger?" Really cracks me up! Laughing Laughing Laughing
DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched it last night and recalled not liking this episode when I was a kid. Not sure why. It's not the worst.

Silly thing that I liked: when the family is getting up from their seats after listening to author Rezo's presentation. Keith's exit is not smooth and graceful - his pants get caught on the seat or something like that - and they kept it. I love stuff like that. Keeps the characters real.
TheBops
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four comments regarding this episode:

1) For some reason Susan Dey looks exceptionally good in this episode Cool

2) Martin Speer annoys me in this one. As the engineer in earlier episodes, he seemed pretty cool but in this episode, sans moustache, he seems like a dork, a typical "yes man". Perhaps that's an indication of his ability as an actor though if he can appear to be one way in one episode and a different way in another.

3) Maybe it was not intentional, but during the sequence when they leave the house and drive around, if you pause on the street scene, you can see the bank digital clock read 8:14 (or maybe it was 8:16). At any rate, this is consistent with the story since they left the house around 8:00am. If this was deliberate, then good job to the producers/director, etc. But then in the same scene the person driving the car is in a red jacket. When Keith gets in the car we see he has a blue jacket on. It's little details like this you would think that they could have easily gotten right.

4) Bruce Kimmel's character in the show is introduced in the show by one name but I think he is credited at the end by a totally different name. I didn't write down the details but I think the name is completely different. I'll have to go back and write down what the names used were.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Four All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: