[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

David MAY Be on Celebrity Apprentice
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BonnieNY wrote:
Um...I might have to watch this. Very Happy

Oh, Bonita -- say it isn't so! Is there a pill you can take to prevent the temptation?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink

:::sigh::: Truth be told, I may have to tune in as well. . . .
kiethlives
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too hate reality TV. In general. But, I watched an episode of Celebrity Apprentice when Joan Rivers was on and became shamefully hooked!
I've since watched the last season too. True, sad but true.
Under the pressure the 'real' person seems to come out...
Be afraid, very afraid.....
As we all know the real DC is not always pretty. I hope he holds it together and does well!
I will be glued to the set.
BLUEBIRD
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Why Are Lil Jon, David Cassidy & Other Celebs Selling Pi Reply with quote

http://smallbusiness.aol.com/2010/10/20/why-are-lil-jon-david-cassidy-and-other-celebs-selling-pizza/

It was a battle of the sexes at two Famous Famiglia Pizzeria establishments in New York -- all part of a reality show, rumored to be the new season of Donald Trump's Celebrity Apprentice.

At the pizza joint's Broadway and 8th Street location on Tuesday, Sugar Ray lead singer Mark McGrath, Survivor winner Richard Hatch, former baseball slugger Jose Canseco, musician Meat Loaf, Partridge Family actor David Cassidy, actor Gary Busey, country musician John Rich and rapper Lil' Jon flipped, topped, sliced and served pizza from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. During the celebrity shift, the restaurant saw a line out the door, with upwards of 70 people waiting for their slice of pie.

Each slice sold for $5, all of which went to charity. Meat Loaf manned the register, handling credit cards, while Hatch took cash and called attention to large donations -- "That's $400 for charity!"

But charity wasn't the only benefactor. The event also brought plenty of foot traffic to Famous Famiglia, which has several locations across Manhattan. One of those locations -- at the 50th Street and Broadway -- hosted female celebrities including model Niki Taylor, La Toya Jackson and Star Jones, who vied to trump the men in sales.

Cassidy was impressed with his own team's success and estimated that they raised close to $100,000 total. "We've done 150 pies today," he said. "By the end, we'll have had 1,500 -- maybe 2,000! -- slices of pizza in four hours. We have no idea how [the women] are doing."

McGrath said he learned a lot about workflow and teamwork in the fast-paced environment, which was made more chaotic by frenzied fans and an entire production crew.

"The integration of systems is important, it needs to work perfectly," he said. "There are many things that need to be done and considered to make whole pies -- mechanics, accounting, operations, how much dough to use. It's really a team effort."

And these celebs have a newfound appreciation for small businesses, thanks to their day on the job.

"A lot of work and effort goes into selling pizza in New York City," McGrath said. "I have a lot of respect for it now!"
Britfan
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Keithlives. You've said exactly what I was thinking!

David appears to be in a 'good place' at the moment and has a concert Saturday night so hopefully he is well aware that his conduct will be under scrutiny and it is very important for his future career that he holds it all together. I wish I could see it, looks interesting. I hope some people will upload onto youtube.

The pizza challenge seems to have gone well, boy does David look young under that cap! You'd never think that was a 60 year old behind the counter there! My fingers are crossed:-)
60sGuy
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Britfan wrote:
Wow, Keithlives. You've said exactly what I was thinking!

David appears to be in a 'good place' at the moment and has a concert Saturday night so hopefully he is well aware that his conduct will be under scrutiny and it is very important for his future career that he holds it all together. I wish I could see it, looks interesting. I hope some people will upload onto youtube.

The pizza challenge seems to have gone well, boy does David look young under that cap! You'd never think that was a 60 year old behind the counter there! My fingers are crossed:-)

I'll report back on Sunday or Monday to let you guys know how the show went (I'm GOING!!!), its my first DC concert. Tix werent cheap either.

I think DC will be on his best behavior because DB is going to be there opening up for him, and DB actually learned the bass guitar just for this gig so he could play a tune with DC on stage. Pretty cool. Event of a lifetime!
BonnieNY
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
BonnieNY wrote:
Um...I might have to watch this. Very Happy

Oh, Bonita -- say it isn't so! Is there a pill you can take to prevent the temptation?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink

:::sigh::: Truth be told, I may have to tune in as well. . . .

These shows somehow manage to suck me in. I, too, watched the Joan Rivers season. Now, I'm curious to see how DC does.

If there's a pill I can take, please send me one (or a bunch). Wink
Ralphie
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: YIKES! Reply with quote

My poor 14 year old tv will surely EXPLODE tring to fit both Trump AND
Cassidy's GINORMOUS egos onto the screen! Funny, he's always said how difficult his relationship with his egomaniac, jealous father was, yet to me, he's turning into Jack exactly....how I long for those innocent "Summer Days" in San Pueblo all those years ago.... Take care all, Ralphie
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a video of a nearby country music station that drove into NYC to come help John Rich in selling pizzas! They spent $2,000 on pizza.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U2ChEKvNF4
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Ralphie, first of all. And then, I tip my hat to everyone who says they won't watch this reality garbage, even if a Partridge is connected with it. David strikes me as someone who has little regard for his true fans and is always chasing the elusive fame that he will never attain. Add in that big, bloated bastard Donald Trump, and I would rather watch Robbie Rist in a Brady Bunch spinoff, thank you! Wink
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVGord wrote:
I agree with Ralphie, first of all. And then, I tip my hat to everyone who says they won't watch this reality garbage, even if a Partridge is connected with it. David strikes me as someone who has little regard for his true fans and is always chasing the elusive fame that he will never attain. Add in that big, bloated bastard Donald Trump, and I would rather watch Robbie Rist in a Brady Bunch spinoff, thank you! Wink

Well, excuuuuuuuuuse me! Wink

I don't take shows like this seriously, but I tune in out of curiosity when there's a contestant who interests me. I like Joan Rivers and watched her season. I'll most likely watch DC. It doesn't bother me one bit if others choose not to watch.

As for Trump, I'm not a Nielsen participant, so my watching doesn't contribute to his ratings at all.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BonnieNY wrote:

I LOVE Steve Martin. :-)

(He would NEVER do a reality show.) Wink
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVGord wrote:
BonnieNY wrote:

I LOVE Steve Martin. :-)

(He would NEVER do a reality show.) Wink

Ya never know! Razz
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I do. He'd never go back to standup, so how many levels lower than that is reality?
eyesoflove
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all -

Ok, first I get this email:

David is on the new Celebrity Apprentice. HE NEEDS YOUR HELP!!! He is raising money for Alzheimer's Research and his first task is taking place NOW!!! He and the other celebrities are on their way to Broadway and 8th Street- 757 broadway- Famous Familia Pizza. They will be making Celebrity Pizzas. They are looking for people to show up in person or order pizzas in bulk. Please help spread the word We are hoping to get hundreds of people there. We are looking for bulk orders of 10 or more and donations. They will DELIVER IF NECESSARY!!!

XO

SUE
and...

VOTE FOR DAVID on the Celebrity Apprentice Poll

Then this one:

We apologize for the incorrect information that we sent out earlier. The correct Information is as follows:

Go to Famigliari's restaurant TODAY, Tuesday, October 19th in NY on 8th St & Broadway and buy pizzas that the celebrities will be making and selling for charity. They are raising money for charity via the TIPS they receive! It will likely be televised on a national network TV show but we can
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eyesoflove, the show is national, so it will air in CA. It's filmed in NYC, though.

I guess I'm not on Sue's email list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: