[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Beau apparently has quit college to do his band
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carolann wrote:
That part that I feel bad about is the fact that he actually got his own apartment and his college tuition being paid for and then he drops out a month later.

I get the feeling he probably grew up kind of overprotected and those are the type of kids that when they go away to college, they want to spread their wings.

I know that David didn't initally support Katie in her career and it caused some estrangement. She eventually found her way and became successful.
Maybe that kind of thinking is going on with his parents?

They can only indulge him with support for so long because it is a rough world out there.

Am I the only one kind of anticipating at some point as opening act at one of Dad's gigs?
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carolann wrote:
That part that I feel bad about is the fact that he actually got his own apartment and his college tuition being paid for and then he drops out a month later.

I get the feeling he probably grew up kind of overprotected and those are the type of kids that when they go away to college, they want to spread their wings.

I know that David didn't initally support Katie in her career and it caused some estrangement. She eventually found her way and became successful.
Maybe that kind of thinking is going on with his parents?

They can only indulge him with support for so long because it is a rough world out there.

Cat, what's worse? Wasting the money on school when you aren't into it and don't want to continue? Or leaving beforehand? We don't know this family, or what's going on. Seriously, why can't you just wish him well and that be the end of it?

I don't think the band will open for David, but it would be cool to have Beau come on and riff with his Dad. I'm sure that would make them both happy. What's more important than that?
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some see it one way, others see it another.
We don't have to agree on how we feel about the topic of quitting college.

I wish him luck because he is going to need it.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right --everybody doesn't have to agree. To me, it just seems to be a private family matter and one that we aren't a part of, so it's really none of our business. Having a discussion on a public message board about a private family matter, projecting scenarios and situations, seemed wrong to me, that's all. I'm sure it's a family situation that was discussed at length, and this was the outcome -- for now. I wish him well.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished high school and college, and I'm now living a pretty sweet life.

On the other hand, Jim Carrey, Justin Timberlake and countless others didn't even finish high school...so my opinion is...you can't generalize.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
You're right --everybody doesn't have to agree. To me, it just seems to be a private family matter and one that we aren't a part of, so it's really none of our business. Having a discussion on a public message board about a private family matter, projecting scenarios and situations, seemed wrong to me, that's all. I'm sure it's a family situation that was discussed at length, and this was the outcome -- for now. I wish him well.

Actually, his mom's made it a public blog in promotion of her upcoming book.

http://www.thelifeboard.net/blog

But we were only discussing our opinions of a notable person as is done with Lindsay's or Danny's or any one else in show biz's life choices. That's all, no privacy was invaded as it initially was mentioned on Facebook publicly on his mom's and his own pages.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beau's post on his Facebook page:

Hey guys!! Just want to tell yall that were in the process of writing for an upcoming EP and its coming AMAZINGLY!! Recording in november with the ever talented Craig J in Chicago. Get Pumped!!

So I guess the band will be more of a dance techno sound.
Sandra
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's young and no "family" obligations.
His band name sounds cool! Wonder where "kids" come in? Sounds like an all-around band for everyone.
I couldn't find the band name on FB. Any leads?
Sandra
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok; I found them on FB.
I've not seen Beau since he was really, really young. DC & Sue never really did show his face much.
I'm trying to figure out which band member he is...I'm guessing the red-head?
Sandra
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's me again! LOL
I looked up Beau on youtube.
Wow; he looks so much like his dad; same mannerisms, nice voice. And he doesn't have red hair! so, I guess I was thinking some other kid was him. Gotta go back to that FB page. LOL
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PazJD wrote:

But we were only discussing our opinions of a notable person as is done with Lindsay's or Danny's or any one else in show biz's life choices.

He's not so notable. He just a celebrity's kid. Still seems as if it's nobody's business -- at least not to the point of caring so much about it, IMHO. Laughing And I'm sure DC and Sue thank you for mentioned their son, Danny and Lindsay Lohan in the same sentence. Laughing Laughing Laughing Let's hope they never meet up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: