[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

London Terror Attacks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lainey
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: London Bombing Reply with quote

I want to thank everyone for their posts and concerns, as Lisa said I live in Scotland (near Aberdeen) so I was not involved but I know folks who live and work in London and up to now I believe all are safe. It was shocking watching it on the news, at first they said it was a power surge so paid I little heed to it and it wasn't until I went on the internet that I discovered the true horror. My thoughts are with those who've lost loved ones at this time and a grateful thanks to the emergency services who dealt so wonderfully with it all. I can understand it must be distressing for those of you who witnessed the 9/11 attacks as it would bring back the memory of it for you. But just as the American spirit was strengthened I believe the British will be too.

Thanks again.
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurie, & Chez,
Thanks for checking in ladies. Please know that you have our support during this crisis. Laurie, my thoughts are with your cousin as he deals with the experience.

Ed
NIGEL
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi yes Im here, thanks for allyour thoughts. Birmingham was evacuated last night and part of Leeds centre tonight.

LOVE and PEACE Very Happy
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, HOORAY, Nigel's okay! Very Happy So glad you checked in. Here's hoping that you and yours are doing well and that you'll pop in here on the "new" board -- that is if you're not too busy "pleasuring yourself" Shocked as you used to say on the "old" board! -- more often Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
CHEZ
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear from you, Lainey and Nigel! I had a feeling you were up north but wasn't sure where you'd be -
Oh dear, I hadn't heard about Leeds?

BTW - I managed to get to work Friday (after the area to my local station had been sealed off - seems there are even more "incidents" than ever at the moment -) though I only work fairly locally - A friend who'd spent 5 hours getting home on Thursday (and 3 & 1/2 of those on Shank's pony) managed to get back to her office in the West End -

Chez Smile
NIGEL
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Joey! Shocked Shocked
You know me too well Laughing Laughing Laughing

LOVE NIGEL Very Happy
laurie partridge
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just in case anybody is intrested, David Cassidy has released a statement about the attacks on his website www.davidcassidy.com

Good news that the police might have found the terrorists network in Leeds. I hope they are braught to justice.
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: AGAIN???! Reply with quote

I wasn't paying close attention but did I just hear on the news that London has been bombed AGAIN, just as it was a mere couple of weeks ago??! Unfrigginbelieveable!! Mad What is going on this world?!
Crying or Very sad
Once again, are our Brits okay?? Chez, Nigel, et. al. PLEASE check in and say you're okay!!! Take care!
Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope to hear from them soon! From what little I've read, and heard from some in London on other boards, it was pretty much a failed attempt. No injuries, and mostly an annoyance at having the tube shut down again.

It's just awful that this threat is even out there.
NIGEL
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Very Happy
yes your right Jennifer, its still very confusing. Not much info coming out at the moment. They are saying it MAY be a copycat incident!!

LOVE NIGEL Very Happy
CHEZ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm home! I hope everyone else got home okay?
We couldn't beleieve it when the news & rumours started coming through around lunchtime - :(

By the time I got to the station this evening I was lucky and the trains I needed were running but don't think they all are - there has been major disruption again with them - Fortunately I don't think anyone was critically injured (?)

Chez
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
laurie partridge
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checking in and fine :)

I couldn't beleve it, this time i was in Sussex. So I was pretty safe.

I don't think it will be third time lucky. When will they get the hint that we are not affected? I heard tube stations are up and running again. They can try whatever they damn well please but it won't stop us londoners getting to work. Wink
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: The Recent London Bomings Reply with quote

I wasn't in London when the bombs went off but personally I think it is really disgusting that these people should get away with what they have done and I hope that when they are arrested I hope they are put away for the rest of their lives because they should not be allowed to walk around free, as a UK resident I feel that they should just be left to die in prison and not be free. It used to be that years ago when a prisoner got life it meant life but now they only serve twenty five years or less and are then set free after this period.

After these London bombings I can now feel what you went through with the 9/11 three years ago. I still remeber the bombings that took place in the seventies but these bombings are worst than the IRA bombings which took place in the seventies.

Laura Lambert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: