[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Best quotes from the first season of Partridge Family
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: Fave Quotes Reply with quote

"Mom, you don't understand women at all" Rolling Eyes
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my last bunch of quotes from the first season DVD set.

17 (Why Did The Music Stop) "Every Daughter Wants Her Mother To Marry A Doctor" Laurie

18 (Soul Club) "Now That's An Offer Too Good To Turn Down." Shirley

19 (To Play Or Not Too Play) "You Call That A Salary, Bob Cratchet Got More Money From Scrooge." Marc

20 (They Shoot Managers, Don't They) "She Couldn't Be Perfect, She's In Love With You." Shirley

21 (A Partridge Up A Pear Tree) "You Owe Money To Everyone In This Town With Pockets." Danny

22 (Road Song) "She Should Have Lloyds Of London Insure Her Imagination." Reuben

23 (Not With My Sister, You Don't) "You Look Like You Swallowed A Hockey Puck." Reuben

24 (A Partridge By Any Other Name) "It's Like Finding A Radish In A Parsley Patch." Mr. Burns

25 (A Knight In Shining Armor) "I've Been Told By Reliable Sources That I Have An Ear Made Of Tin." Lionel

Hope you like the quotes.

Darryl
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

Location: Either in SanPueblo,CA or getting on the bus being driven by the lovely Shirley to the next gig

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a whole bunch more I know but by the time I remember them i am not at home or on the computer. lol
umbrellaman
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched Star Quality again tonight and, of course, can't remember most of them right now, but it had a lot of great lines. These probably aren't exact:

Keith (I think it was Keith) about Danny: "He's working on his impish grin"

Danny to the audience: "The first thing I'd to do tonight is just stand here and smile at you" Smile

When Keith's girlfriend is talking about how men expect women to just get married and wait for the babies to come, Chris says something like, "You mean you don't just wait?" and Tracy says, "It's that stork thing"

Tracy about Danny: "He's exploiting us!"
GeoffB40
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Best quotes from the first season Reply with quote

Certainly one of Reuben's most uproarious moments from the pilot episode (and Reuben's scene with Danny in the Airport lounge) ends with the line "I get this feeling that I am dealing with a 40 year old midget!"
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Favourite Quotes Reply with quote

I was just watching the PF season one disc two and, I came across a really brilliant quotes from the Episode "My Son, The Feminist" where of the Morality Watchdog parents says "What are your trying to do? turn our girls into boys? and the other parent says "It's bad enough that our boys, are turning into girls, with that long hair" I think that quote is really funny, I don't know what any body else thinks.

Laura
laurie partridge
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Keith Partridge could only turn his gaze at the pavement, i felt really sorry for him there! Very good acting from David. It sounded as if it was directed at HIM instead of Keith!

Anyway, back on subject. Favourite quote *rattles brain* probably have to be the "Family Honour" quote or anything that comes from Danny Partridge's mouth Razz
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: quotes Reply with quote

When Shirley goes to Reuben's to pretend she is running away like Chris and Tracey:

Shirley: "I'M running away".

Reuben: "To HERE?!?"

Laughing

Lu
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Favourite Quotes Reply with quote

I have just remebered a really good quote from I think the episode called "Where Is Keith Partridge?" season three where Danny says "My brother has got ears!" I think that is priceless, but anything said by Danny is really good.

Just a few minutes ago, I was reading some of the other quotes which people have written and, I must admit there are some pretty good ones in there. Can't wait for the season two to be released and, then we can pick our favourite quotes from those episodes.

Keep on trukkin' (an old seventies saying, for those not old enough)

Laura
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Favourite Quotes Reply with quote

While watching the episode "Mum, Drops Out" I thought the quote from Keith "Reuban, please I want to stand up and, salute a piece of apple pie", but saying that I think there are many gems in this particular episode. I think by far the funniest quote/dialogue from this episode is when Logan Mays says to Keith "Call me Logan, we're on the same side of the barricade."

Laura
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Keith says his line about the apple pie, the waitress comes along and says "...Out of Apple..." Laughing
That line cracks me up everytime.

Darryl
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

Location: Either in SanPueblo,CA or getting on the bus being driven by the lovely Shirley to the next gig

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay you guys I have been writing quotes for days and right now I have 40. But, I'll do them a few at a time.

1) If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it's a duck.(Danny)

2)Romeo and Juliet only knew each other one day!(Laurie) Yeah, and look what happened to them!(Keith)
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sry about that.

1) Every daughter wants her mother to marry a doctor.(Laurie)

2)I keep seeing the headline in Variety Partridge's lay an egg.(Shirley)

3)Who?(Chris and Tracy)

4)Chris are those coyotes?(Danny)

5) why is he wearing a lone rangers mask?(Tracy)
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Best quotes from season one Reply with quote

I would just like to say, in response to the person who said that the quote "It's bad enough that, boys are turning into girls" was mainly aimed at David but, I don't think it was aimed at anyone in particular but, it was really good acting from David and, he did look a bit uncomfortable may be he was thinking that perhaps, he should have his hair cut. At the end of the day that was the fashion then for the late sixties early seventies.

On to the best quote - I can't think of a specific quote but, I think that there are some really good ones in the episode entitled "Not With My Sister, You Don't"

Laura
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: