[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Question regarding extras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBops
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Question regarding extras Reply with quote

Hi, one thing I've noticed is that in many of the episodes (especially during the song segments) there are dozens of people in the crowd or in background shots. This isn't just in the concert segments but also in outdoor scenes, for example, you will see people walking around in the distance.
My question is how did they get the extras? Did the ranch have people who reported daily and were willing to be extras on various shows? Did they have some kind of "casting call" for extras to appear on a certain day? Also for the outside shots on the ranch, were the people walking in the background part of the shoot or did they happen to just be there while the shot was going on?
I guess my question stems from the fact that I don't live in California so I'm not sure how these shows are run. I'd appreciate any comments from anyone who has insight into this process. Thanks!
BLUEBIRD
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've worked as an extra and there is a service that the production company uses for background extras. So most of those people were put there to be in the background. I'm sure anyone working directly on the show could ask for a friend or relative to be an extra if it was allowed. Hope this helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: