[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Two Recent Partridge Finds That I Would Like To Share

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frschoonover
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Two Recent Partridge Finds That I Would Like To Share Reply with quote

Dear Fellow Partridge Land Dwellwers

I have some good news that I want to share.I recently found two 8-Track Cartridge tapes of The Partridge Family.The first one is Up To Date and the next is At Home With Their Greatest Hits.They both play real good.They are also both the real thing and not pirated.I just wanted to share this great news with all of you.I hope that everybody in here has a great day.Sincerely Frank R.Schoonover
BriBri120458

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Nice Reply with quote

Congratulations on your find. Glad you came across them. Very Happy
sunshine eyes
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think they'd pirate 8-track tapes? I bet a couple of songs are cut in half so all tracks would be the same length.
frschoonover
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Fellow Partridge Land Dwellers

Thanks for the kind words.

They are legit tapes and not pirated.The best thing is that legit tapes have the album cover art on them.

Now that we are on this subject.I have another Ebay score to share.I won a lot of 4 albums.Below is the list of what I won:

The Partridge Family Album

At Home With Their Greatest Hits

Christmas Card

Bulletin Board(I've Been Looking For This For Ages)

And as a added bonus:

Danny Bonaduce's album

I jsu wanted to share this latest find/score on Ebay with you all.Thanks again for all of your kind words.Sincerely Frank R.Schoonover
35yearPFFan!
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Two Recent Partridge Finds That I Would Like To Share Reply with quote

frschoonover wrote:
Dear Fellow Partridge Land Dwellwers

I have some good news that I want to share.I recently found two 8-Track Cartridge tapes of The Partridge Family.The first one is Up To Date and the next is At Home With Their Greatest Hits.They both play real good.They are also both the real thing and not pirated.I just wanted to share this great news with all of you.I hope that everybody in here has a great day.Sincerely Frank R.Schoonover

Hi Frank! I also have Up to Date on a 8 Track I found at a garage sale years ago and it is the original Bell Records Label and the tape still plays like new!! I would love to be able to dub it to a CD, is that possible? I just don't play my 8 Track Player that much anymore-except when I want to hear the Up to Date tape.

Thanks,

Pat
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat...wouldn't it be easier just to buy UTD on cd?? Cool
frschoonover
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for the kind words regarding my 8-Track finds.

But I would like to know what you all think of my Partridge Family record scores on Ebay.I would appreciate some nice words on them as well.Thanks in advance.Sincerely Frank R.Schoonover
35yearPFFan!
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeySoCal wrote:

Hey JoeySoCal! Yes, if they have it available-I've checked a lot of places but none can be found at any of the record stores here in Columbia. Any suggestions via Internet? Other than Ebay, Amazon or Barnes and Nobles and the like that would have a good price would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat,
You already named two of the most obvious -- eBay and Amazon -- and I would just add cduniverse.com, towerrecords.com and recordrunnerusa.com as other good online retailers.

You shouldn't have any trouble finding it! Very Happy
35yearPFFan!
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Thanks JoeySoCal!! I will be off this weekend and will start my search for these CD's.

Pat
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Local Retailers Reply with quote

What are the local retailers in your area? Do you have a Best Buy, Target, Tower Records? Is there one like in a 10 to 15 mile radius? Okay...let's break it down? What is the biggest music store retailer that sells CD's & DVD's? I am quite sure if you walk into one of those stores and ask if they have any of TPF CD's in stock. If not, I am positive they would be more than happy to order them for you. Most retailers get a new shipment in every week! The Partridge Family catalog CD's are reasonably priced nowadays. I have a post in the music section of this message board on how Tower Records is selling the new CD for $7.99!
So if you would rather not go online...try walking into a local retail music store... with the state of affairs of the music business these days, they will be glad for your patronage. Rolling Eyes
frschoonover
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also scored on Ebay again.This time,I found 4 Partridge Family albums.The albums are below:

The Partridge Family Album

A Partridge Family Christmas Card

At Home With Their Greatest Hits

Bulletin Board

I also got this album as a bonus:

Danny Bonaduce's album.

If I find anymore great stuff,I will let you know.Any thoughts or comments?Sincerely Frank R.Schoonover
Drawer L
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeySoCal wrote:
Which UTD CD? Razor & Tie or Buddah?-Most of us are COLLECTORS,gotta have everything!-Stock & promo LPs/8tracks/cassettes/Reel To Reels,etc.For the tapes you have in some cases a choice of the Ampex or GRT versions,as well as Record Club editions-most of which they made themselves,though the 'Record Club Of America' ones were usually stock tapes with extra stickers on them.
And there are pirate 8tracks if you wanna have EVERYTHING.
And that's just counting US pressings!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: