[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Fake Playing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZTAMS
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Fake Playing Reply with quote

Does anyone (Scott) know if there were coaches on set to help the actors fake play their instruments? I know David and Shirley were already musically inclined. There's only so much you can do with fake playing the piano. I know Danny talked about strumming his bass before David corrected him. I know Brian Forster was taking private drum lessons. What about the others?

I'm watching an episode right now and Jeremy is sitting so high up on his throne that his feet barely touch the ground. His hi-hat is so far left that his little foot can barely reach the pedal. I think Jeremy could have been a good little drummer had he been given a few lessons. Was there no one around to at least give him the basics?

ZTAMS
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the interview with Brian Forster. I believe he talks about having a drum coach that helped him with his drumming and Suzanne with trying to keep the beats to the songs. He was always off camera so Brian could see him and try and copy his moves.
Gilmore2BubbleGumSinger
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I worked on an episode of CHEERS, there was a older man in production who said he was the instrumental/vocal lipsync coach for The Partridge Family. We talked in length about the show and how it was for him to work on the series. He seem to know what he was talking about and he would have no reason to lie about such a thing.

During "Love & War" interviews Susan Dey once talked about how she was thrilled about the possible opportunity to play the piano. She said they mailed her a cardboard cut out of a piano keyboard with instructions.
Whether or not she was given a coach that has never been personally stated through her or any of the other actors.

David & Danny recently tell the story about being on set and David getting angry, "You don't strum a bass, you pluck it!!!" Which tells me Danny was probably not coached, or being 10 years old he just forgot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: