[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Partridge Family - Cartoon Series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lauralambert wrote:
Honestly this is the final message on the subject okay Sad

Perhaps it's the final message on the subject by you, but the rest of us are free to talk about it all we want... and in this forum. That's what it's for.
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Cartoon Series Reply with quote

Michael I know that anyone can talk about the cartoon, shes I wish I had never started this discussion now, but personally I do not want to talk about the subject and I have since started a new subject on famous quotes from the series so if you have a favourite quote from the series Michael let me know will you?

Laura
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW: Danny Janssen and Bobby Hart worked on the music for the cartoon series. In fact, they even used a PF song that they wrote for Notebook, "Take Good Care of Her" in a number of episodes -- re-recorded of course with the cartoon singers. Very Happy
MikeBrady
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HOPE MORE CARTOONS ARE RELEASED ON FUTURE SEASON SETS.
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you Scott and Joey, I enjoyed watching Partridge Family A.D. In fact, it was the first thing I watched when I bought the DVD. I recorded episodes on audio tape when they were first on, but have lost them over the years (same thing with the series) I hope they release more Partridge Family A.D. on future DVD releases.

Dean-O
Chris_Wanna_B
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care for the cartoon, and wouldn't even if it would have featured all of the original cast voices.
anthonyshine
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh..I have such fond memories as a kid waking up on a Saturday morning watching this show (along with Josie and the Pussycats and Sigmund).

Yes, this was the GREATEST cartoon but for what it's worth, it's a great piece of nostalgia for us Partridge fans.
stevechapman
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: cartoon not bad -but not great. Reply with quote

I remember watching the Cartoon. I didn't hate it but I don't think i was knocked over by it either. I watched it while it was on the air and when it was gone I didn't think twice about it.
TimL2005
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Steve said..I wasnt "knocked over" by it either..You wished they could have used more of the regular cast..I can understand not liking it but to be vehement about it..It's only a cartoon..If they end up including more episodes on other season DVD's Great..
greg
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the cartoon for many reasons....I love most Hanna-Barbera cartoons, the musical numbers were actually pretty good (I wish I could get those on a lost recordings cd), the animation sequence during the musical numbers was excellent, I like the bickering between Chris & Tracy, & though the writing could have been better, it was entertaining. Oh, & about the voices...I hated the Mom's. Mad I wish I had every episode.
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

Location: Either in SanPueblo,CA or getting on the bus being driven by the lovely Shirley to the next gig

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too thought that the cartoon was just plain awful. It was just like talking the Jetsons puitting different bodies on them and changing their voicies a little. I mean they even have the same cars! lol

Lizzie
TheForeverFamily

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by TheForeverFamily on Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
greg
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were actually about 17 episodes of Butch Cassidy..All of the songs were very good, but I haven't been able to find out very much about them. Sad If you look closely the animation used in the musical numbers was the same as the Partridge Family.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, there were 13 episodes produced of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kids, not 17. And, the studio DID care about the series. They didn't use the same animation for the musical numbers, either. That process was called rotoscoping, and while the same technique was used, new animation had to be produced for both series. Also, other than Shirley and David, all the other cast members DID record their own characters.

If you want to read more about the Partridge cartoon and why it was the was it was, we have an extensive history of the series. Just click here:

http://www.cmongethappy.com/2200/newpf2200.html

I've worked at Hanna-Barbera for WAY too many years to be objectionable about their product, but I always liked the cartoon. Granted it's not their best work, but it's not as bad as everyone is saying, IMHO.

Saying "By this time they should have realized they WERE making stuff for the ages" is putting way too much importance on the product, and way too much pressure on the people producing it. You can't compare icons like The Flintstones and The Jetsons to any other series because they have had over 40 years to become what they are. In 1974, even the Flintstones and The Jetsons weren't what they are considered today. Nobody goes into a series saying, "Let's produce a piece of crap." But at the same time there's only so much you can do when you have interference from networks and studios. The Partridge Family cartoon was produced for Columbia Pictures Television and CBS. It was "work for hire" -- not their own series, owned and controlled by H-B. Whenever you have that many people involved in creating a series, it's always a challenge. Also, Hanna-Barbera had an incredible number of series on the air that year. Knowing how many hours it takes just to get ONE produced, (right now I work nights and weekends to meet deadlines) I can't imagine how they were able to get EIGHT produced that year. Very Happy
TheForeverFamily

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by TheForeverFamily on Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: