[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Partridge Family - Cartoon Series
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Partridge Family - Cartoon Series Reply with quote

Neutral I would just like to say that I do not like the cartoon version of the Partridge Family because it is nothing like the original television series for a start they have only got three of the original cast members. I watched both episodes on disc two and three and I quite expected David Cassidy to be one of the voices but out of the original cast members there was Danny Bonaduce, Suzanne Crough and Dave Madden. I don't know if anyone else has the same views as me and what they think of the cartoon episodes.
Lainey
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: PF cartoons Reply with quote

I have to say I've 'converted' my youngest son to the PF Dancing and seeing that he's only 10 and into cartoons in a big way I thought I'd put the PF cartoon on for him, I have to say he wasn't impressed. In fact yesterday he asked me if we could watch the dvd (and of course being a loving, caring mother I just had to watch it with him Whistle ) BUT he said 'Please don't make me watch the cartoon!!!!'
sunshine eyes
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that they turned Ruben into George Jetson. He even says "Stop this crazy thing" when he kept going back and forth on the elevator thing.
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lainey
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: The cartoon Reply with quote

I don't think he could ever do something that bad Laughing
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to see that other people have got the same opinion as me and I think that no more episodes of the cartoon series should be put on the next three series of The Partridge Family because I watched both episodes all the way through and quite frankly it spoilt the original series for me I did not find the episodes funny at all and Reuban did sound like George Jetson. If they were going to do a cartoon version then they should have had all the original cast and not just some of them. Does anyone have the same opinion as me on this subject. I don't think some how David wanted to be associated with the cartoon because he probably thought the writing was not very good and that his crediability as both an actor and singer would be affected so I don't blame him for not doing the series.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the cartoon as a kid and I am fond of it now. I'd also love to have more episodes on DVD. But, I understand I am in the monority.

David did not do the cartoon because he was not contractually obligated to. The cartoon premiered in the fall of 1974, when the live action series was already cancelled. David's contract was up and he was done with the show. It had nothing to do with the scripts being bad or not. But I can understand why he and Shirley didn't voice the cartoon. I'm sure it wasn't considered a major career move to voice cartoons back in 1974. It certainly wasn't like today, where every A-list celebrity seems to be voicing them. Plus, if an actor did voice their character, it's probably because they were contractually obligated to do so. That's why Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, Emergency, Mork & Mindy, etc. all had the original voice casts doing their own cartoon voices. :D

You can read more about the creation of the cartoon, and why they were in space, in our Episode Guide on the website. Here is the direct link:

http://www.cmongethappy.com/2200/newpf2200.html

Incidentally, Susan Dey did voice the first 2 episodes, then left to film a movie. She can be heard on the "My Son The Spaceball Star" episode. Also, while credited, Dave Madden did not voice Reuben. That's veteran voice-over artists John Stephenson voicing Reuben. Very Happy
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then I'm in the "monority" Wink too, then, as I'd like to see/have them all -- I barely remember them. Not so much for their quality -- they're pale versions of old Jetson's eps -- but rather for the PF "connection/HB lineage. I'm seeing lately on BOOM here on cable lots of old HB shows that certainly have not held the test of time so to speak, as have the likes of The Flintstones, Jonny Quest, etc., but if only for the childhood memories, are certainly fun to see again. :)

Bring 'em on, I say. Very Happy
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I was just about to correct the spelling error when I saw your post, Joey. Oh well, I guess I'll leave it alone. Laughing Laughing Laughing
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: The Partridge Family 2200 cartoon series Reply with quote

I don't agree with Scott, from what I have read I think the majority of people do not like the cartoon series, and whether or not David Cassidy was contractually obligated to do the series I am sure he would not have done the series any way. I personally do not wish to see any more of the episodes on future DVD's but of course I don't have to watch the episodes if I do not wish to. I don't remeber the cartoon series being on in the seventies, may be it was on a different channel because I used to was a couple of cartoon series the Osmond cartoon series and the Jackson 5 one but I don't remeber the Partridge Family series, maybe it was only shown in America and not over here. Please no more about the cartoon series.

A new subject. Does anyone know if the songs from the series is going to be released as a CD and if so when because I would love to be able to buy the CD if this is the case.

Laura Lambert
Maidstone Kent
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... and what's interesting to know too is that Mr. Madden was credited but actually never used.....why not? His voice is certainly very "identifiable", hence, I would think...preferable. Curious. Shocked
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Please no more about the cartoon series.

Huh? You started the thread! Where else is it more appropriate to discuss the cartoon??? And, what exactly are you not agreeing with me on? I said I am in the MINORITY as far as liking the series, and I also said that DC and SJ probably wouldn't have done it anyway, as voicing cartoons in the 70s wasn't exactly a great career move. It sounds to me as if we have agreed on everything. Confused
Lainey
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Laura, there is the new CD 'Come on get Happy: the very best of' which has a few previously unreleased tracks (see the thread on Talk about the music on this board) including some from the first season. You can get that from Amazon.co.uk. Forgive me if you already knew this, just trying to help.
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very sorry that I misquoted you Scott and I know it's my fault that I started this thread of the cartoon series but this is the last notice I am posting on the subject. Why did they credit Dave Madden on the end credits when he wasn't even used. Honestly this is the final message on the subject okay Sad

Laura Lambert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: