[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

From Beau Cassidy's FB regarding his father
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaidyCat
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: From Beau Cassidy's FB regarding his father Reply with quote

Someone sent this to me and I thought some of you would be interested in seeing it:

I recently looked at the Chicago Blog and I saw this message from Beau Cassidy. This is his name on youtube so I know that it is him.

Beau went on this forum to apologize for David acts at recent venues. This is Beau's name on youtube and I can tell that it is him at

http://www.facebook.com/l/b397e;www.chicagoreader.com/TheBlog...do-elgin-dirty

To everyone on this forum.. this is davids son. i know this is probably really sad that im litterally coming on this website and talking about this but its gotten to the point where i feel like i have to. Telling just a couple of people all of this probs wont do much but atleast you all are here so i might as well talk about this. for those of you who actually think that it was my dad responding.. dream on. he can hardly use a computer, let alone use internet lingo (wtf). This is the only time that i will respond to this but all of these comments have hit me so deep that i just cant take this anymore. Most of you know that my dad is an alcoholic. Contrary to popular belief, drugs have not been a factor in his life since before i was even born. Alcohol though, is a completely different story. He struggles every day with it, and has had major trouble staying sober. The only way I can know the truth about what is going on is by just going on the internet and seeing what people have to say because i doubt my dad would ever just come out and tell me he was a mess onstage. My mom cant know either because she doesnt go on tour with him. It sucks. But seeing all of this just sets in the reality of what I have feared for a long time. . He has been in a tough place for a long time, hes just been good at hiding it until recently. I think its the combination of alot of things. My parents will probably chastise me for making this information public, but i really feel like that might be one of the only ways for him to get the realization. My dad is honestly just a wonderful human being who has had one of the craziest lives in the history of mankind. All of that has effected him. He is very different than he was when most people remember him and even when I remember him as a young kid. Its been a tough road and it will continue to be tough. So I just want to take a minute and say I am so sorry for all of the pain that these antics might have caused fans out there and people who have respected his work. Again i love him more than anything in the entire world and hes a fantastic person who has just gone through alot. My mom and I are doing our best to try and help him with both his disease and personal life. Just know that he does care about everyone that has followed him over the many years, and always will. Thank you so much
Sara
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you know this really is Beau? Did anyone ask him on Facebook? Would he really post on some blog, when he hasn't done on any messageboard of his fathers fans ever before. It could be someone just copying his youtube name. I read the other posts and there is one claiming to be David Cassidy too. Which I highly doubt is actually David. If Beau confirms on his Facebook page or on his youtube page that he did post that, then I will believe it.

And if it is Beau, then that is really VERY sad that he has to apologize for his father, like everyone around David does, and yet David himself never mans up and utters those words himself.
singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know Beau at all, but I have to say that whoever wrote that comment is very convincing. With the exception of the references to David's extraordinary life, this note could be any child's note about their alcoholic/addict parent. Sad
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Beau is more literate to spell as poorly as this writer does (he could at least use Spell check). It's a nice thought, but I very seriously think it's him (maybe an overly defendant fan), Rolling Eyes
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see the latest post by Anon at 3:56 saying it is really David's son and the last post wasn't? They signed the posts the same way: "Thank you so much." So it is probably the same person.

Who would post something like that first post as Beau? At first I was thinking it might have been ill-placed concern by an overzealous fan, but now with that second post, it seems it was all just a sick joke. Evil or Very Mad
DaidyCat
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: From Beau Cassidy's FB regarding his father Reply with quote

I'm not 100% sure it's him but it would explain a lot. DC did admit to being an alcoholic a while back. He seemed to be in rehab or gotten out. It's not all that uncommon to ave a relapse.

The person who sent it to me stated "It seems to be too much pain in there for someone to make it up.The way it was written too. I emailed Beau one time to asked what his plans were when he graduated and it contained to same style such as 'NON Capital letters in sentences.."

She was afraid she would be attacked if she posted & so she asked me to do it. I said I would - like Taylor Swift, I'm "Fearless." Wink LOL!

Seriously though - I won't swear it's Beau - but it would explain a lot. No matter, I wish the whole Cassidy family the best & hope they have a wonderful Easter.

In case the link didn't work for u - Here is the link again. Beau's response is at the bottom.
http://www.facebook.com/l/b397e;www.chicagoreader.com/TheBlog/archives/2010/02/15/and-did-david-cassidy-do-elgin-dirty
singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The content of that first note seems totally plausible to me. It is definitely written by someone who knows enough about the issue to at least imagine what could be going on and what that would be like for Beau. Even the way he writes...just because kids are in college doesn't mean they pay close attention to their writing. A lot of adults don't either.

But as far as an act of desperation, there are other things that could be done, don't you think DaidyCat? I guess a kid wouldn't necessarily know that. But to make it so public? Eh...not so believable to me, IMHO.

At this point, I'm tired of having my emotions manipulated only to find out we've been duped. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you pointed this out, but people can be so cruel and disgusting. So, I'm trying not to get too wound up about my concern for David and his family unless clear evidence is produced.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. What a sad, sad mess. I had no idea any of that was going on. For once -- fortunately -- it's not going on over here on this Board. :lol:

I couldn't believe some of the pathetic postings over there. Man! Some people really turn psychotic when they get behind their keyboards. :shock:

I don't think it's Beau posting either. And how disgusting that someone would stoop so low as to pretend to be him -- and David for that matter. It's so sad.
kiethlives
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! Now, I know that I spend waaaayyyy too much time checking the come on get happy site for news and looking at youtube, but these people 'out there' are just crazy. Was it DC or his publicist that said 'get a life'.
Some of the post are pretty shocking really, why would anyone pretend to be Beau, or pretend to be David ( although the 'david' posts made me laugh in spite of myself).
Are people really so caught up in the fantasy of this man? If so, it is truly a wonder that DC hasn't found himself in a rubber room. Can you imagine? No wonder he doesn't like making eye contact, STOCKERS and SCARY people!
Do these adults really think DC should read his fan mail? He didn't back then, why would he start now? What a sad picture that would be. DC having so much time on his hands, he sites in front of a fire with a blanket on his knees reading how strangers love him. Pathetic.
Do they think, Johnny Depp reads his mail?
I mean, why would DC care about a T-shirt from any state? Way back in the 70s he said in an interview concerning all the teddy bears and other gifts sent to him something to the affect of: why do these kids send me these things? I don't need them or want them.- the gifts were apparently given to children's hospitals.

Isn't it true that people give him these things because they want his attention, not because they want him to have the gift. Well, the lady from Wyoming got his attention all right, just not the attention she'd hoped for. What a trip! There should really be a study of this kind of thing! It's really something! And like Scott said, sad. And better happening on some other site than this one! Happy Partridge Pals! Shocked Shocked
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither the posts from "David" or "Beau" are real. I've heard that Beau is shocked that someone is posing as him & will be posting something of his own, probably either on FB or Twitter
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this explains why David does not communicate by email or the internet himself. He got burned in the past when he posted and then someone decided after that to impersonate him & make derogatory remarks about certain fans - and when that happened, that ended the real David posting on messageboards ever again. Fans still tend to believe whenever his name is on a board that it is him, (maybe wishful thinking getting the best) and I think that is what happened with this person who claimed to be Beau. When I saw the post, the spelling hit me - on his facebook page Beau even when writing a fast note to a friend, spells correctly, - also the poster said "this is David's son". I think Beau would say his name. And the things mentioned were things that have been publicly known about David that any fan would know or someone just has to google to find - the alcoholism admission by David that was covered in the press, the "extraordinary life" well of course its known that David was a huge pop star, David covered the other things mentioned in the post in his book, so anyone who read the book could draw things from that - Esp the part in the book where Beau wrote about his father! How easy to pick sentences from that to post and pretend someone is him. I can't recall, but I THINK that in his part of the book, Beau said similar about loving his father more than anything in this world. So the poster could have gotten that sentence from David's book.

And there is nothing on Beau's facebook page where he says about posting on that blog. And I think if Beau has something to say about anything I think he would do it on his Facebook page, or do a video for youtube. On his facebook he wrote how hectic and crazy its been for him with schoolwork and I got the impression he would have no time to post on a blog if he was so overwhelmed by school.

I don't follow Beau on twitter but I shot him a tweet the other day to ask if he did post that blog because someone claiming to be him did. I didn't get a reply but I felt he should at least know.

Beau feels shocked that someone would impersonate him. Well Beau, welcome to your Dad's world! It happened (still does!) with Katie, where people on Facebook and other sites write as if they are her. Now it's hit Beau.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do these adults really think DC should read his fan mail? He didn't back then, why would he start now?

Keithlives - I just want to clarify that during the 80's when David was doing Broadway & regional theatre shows he did read fan mail sent to the theatres for him. During Blood Brothers 1993 I helped him with his mail for about 2 months when he first came to NY and each week he would give me a batch of letters - all opened and read by him - with notations he put on the envelopes of what they were asking and if he took care of some of the requests already. And in Vegas there were certain fans going through bad stuff that he wrote to, to give some encouragement. But as happens all good things come to an end and as I said before he used to post on the first ever messageboard (A Swedish site) of David fans in 1995, until an imposter ruined that.
Oh, and one time at Blood Brothers he told me that when he finished it he had a letter to give me that a fan wrote, but it was 11 pages long and he was finding it long to get through. When I asked him why not leave it and just give it to me, he said - and this has stuck with me - "well, you know they took the time to write it for me to read it."
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Beau is a typical college student, he would never find the time or inclination to even locate that blog. He has had ample opportunity to post in many places if had been so inclined. I am sure he is shocked someone impersonated him. He has been, and wisely so, pretty protected from the limelight.
kiethlives
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAZJD-Thanks for the info. Who knew? Why you did! The cynic in me was showing big time in that last post. Its great to hear that he took the time to answer mail. It shows he really does care about his fans. (when he isn't having an anxiety melt down, that is, or being sarcastic to some unsuspecting innocent) I can't imagine many other entertainers who would take the time to write, as it would be so time consuming. Still, I think many live in a fantasy world of expectations regarding their heros. Maybe that's why so many are so disappointed with him right now, as he has been so 'good and worthy' for so long.

Poor Beau, can you imagine how creepy all this is for him? I mean, I'm creeped out when people post my picture on FB without telling me. Its an invasion of privacy. I can't imagine how it must be for famous people.

If I've learned anything from the past couple of years of DC worship, I'm sure glad I'm not famous!
DaidyCat
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: From Beau post Reply with quote

I always knew about DC not posting. Not long after the Internet came around, DC posted a nice message to his fans. But then the imposter posted and DC said he'd never post again. So I'd know it wasn't David.

I rather doubted the post was from Beau - but one never knows. It did at least bring up some interesting discussions.

Yes - David was a VERY open in the 80's & even early 90's. He saw me & a friend walking to our hotel after seeing him in a play in Calgary - and he INSISTED on giving us a ride. We didn't want to bother him and actually said we were ok - he said, "Get your butts in here NOW!" So we did. He was concerned for our saftey as one young woman was raped not long before aroung there. He spent a long time talking w us & letting us take photos, etc. You know how he wrote in his book about wanting to get to know fans - it was really true. It wasn't just us asking us questions but he wanted to know about us and what we did for a living, etc. You can't even imagine how down to earth, sweet & charming he was to all of us. He'd even give us little kisses good bye on the cheek - one time on the lips - not like french or over done - but just a sweet little peak. He'd rub fans backs when they posed for pics w them. He had a way of trying to say everyone's name back to them and make each fan feel special.

Some of us did buy him gifts. But it was because we cared for him and we thought of things he liked - horses, his favorite movie, etc. Several of us went together to get him a star in the sky as it was so different & special. He gratefully took them and thanked all of us. David seemed to know it was from the heart. But no one was being "pushy" and asking for too much either. It's not like we were a bunch of screaming teeny-boppers and many of us would give him things or get thing for other fans as we were helping w the fan clubs.

There are still some celebs out there who are still like that. Esp. in the country music biz. They have a big thing in Nashville every year and most of the celebs are super nice to their fans. Rick Springfield is good to his fans. I've heard Bruce Springstien has some long time fans he's become close to over the yrs too. It just depends on the celeb.

Anyway - interesting discussion. Have a great day!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: