[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

The Partridge Family #32 in TV Guide's Top 50 Familes (!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danny Kincaid
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: The Partridge Family #32 in TV Guide's Top 50 Familes (!) Reply with quote

Not that one can or should put much stock in these lists, but, TPF have been voted #32 in TV Guide Magazine's 'Top 50 Families Of All Time'.

The print edition is: March 22 - April 4, 2010.

Go to:

http://tvguidemagazine.com/photos/top-tv-families-21-50-160.html

and skip ahead to #32.

Spoiler alert: The Brady Bunch were voted #1.

I'm sure that if The Partridge Family had been seen in syndication more (and not so maddeningly sporadic) or nearly as much The Brady Bunch it would have earned a higher placing. Out of sight out of mind I say.

I have to say I've only ever seen TPF in syndication in the early 1980's and from 93-97 on Nick At Nite. Even today TPF isn't shown in syndication. It's a shame really, as so many retro TV lovers would love it.

Alas The Brady Bunch takes the cake thanks to healthy exposure.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to see where the Lanes (Patty Duke), Seavers & later Family Ties are on that list as they were my favorites. Also Father Knows Best and Donna Reed I liked. Please Don't Eat The Daisies too.

And for Drama, '8 is Enough', ' Our House' 'Life Goes On' and 'Family' (with Thirtysomething and Sisters as side dishes)

Just looked, and no Lanes or dramas except 8 Is Enough.
Cosby was a given, they always put them up top though I liked the show more in the first couple of years when the kids were younger and Bonet was there. Not so much in later seasons. Dallas, the family you love to hate, forgot about them. And Barone's but they are REALLY too much like my whole Italian family & relatives, I just think of them as part of it too. LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: