[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

PF Reunion on Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jennifer! Thanks Scott-she was just a one note ball of obsession.
BLUEBIRD
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
CAN WE PLEASE STOP THIS INSANITY?

Straw? Meet Camel's back. How many others ways can I say it?

Should be, "Final Straw? Meet Camel's back". I'm just sayin'.... Wink Wink Wink

What did I miss??? Cat left? More drama? That's gonna scare the newbies away...any lurkers out there, please know we are friendly. Come on board the board Confused and post! If it's happy, that is. Guess I'll have to go read up on the Penn's peak thing... Missed that too. Great post, BRITFAN! Very Happy Very Happy
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He talks about it at 5AM and 7AM That's all I'm saying.

http://94wysp.radio.com/2010/03/03/the-danny-bonaduce-show-podcast-03-03-10/
DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Danny's take on the reunion Reply with quote

Thanks for the links, Paz. I listened to the first segment completely and the second one until the Life Coach bit. I think Danny gave the reunion a funny, yet fairly respectable spin.

He's right about Suzanne Crough looking and sounding disgruntled. (Exaggerated on her being overweight but hey, that's a radio morning man looking for a cheap laugh.) It just dawned on me - why can't they prepare a bit beforehand for these reunions? Seriously, one conference call to go over a couple of sound bites? Anyone who's gone to a high school reunion knows that "what do you do now?" is going to be THE question. Give it a bit of zing, Suzanne. Good grief, she has a normal family life with a respectable job, she should be proud of it! Otherwise, you're stuck with toner jokes.

I liked the rapport that David and Danny seemed to have on-air - glad to hear it wasn't just show and that David "couldn't have been nicer!". That man's smile is really something else and seeing him goof around with Danny, I could almost catch glimpses of Keith.

To Britfan: "The receiver is off the hook." is now my favorite saying. Thank goodness I don't have a big use for it in real life, but definitely something to remember for the internets Wink
DaidyCat
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: PF Reunion Reply with quote

I watched it last night w my daughter, Crystalinda who came into the living room after taking her bath and said, "It's the Partridge Family Cast?" I said, "Yes." When they said, "40 years ago." She asked, "Are they all still alive?" I responded, "WHAT? Yes!!! They're not THAT old!" Shocked She giggled. I said, "Shirley's oldest and she's not there because she's doing concerts. So she's still alive too!" Twisted Evil That made her totally crack up laughing. Razz UGH! Talk about making one feel OLD! Rolling Eyes Made em think of when Shirley would mention someone to the kids and they'd say, "Whooo???" Laughing

So when the cast was onTV I said, "There's David - he was your 1st concert and he brought you up on stage." She said, "Oh yeah and signed my tamborine." I said, "Yes, he signed it for you later & Suzanne too." When they showed footage from the show she kept asking, "Is that from the skunk episode?" It's her favorite one! There were some songs she didn't know such as "Rollercoaster." She asked me if I had that CD or DVD. I said, "Yes, we can watch that one later." I keep meaning to play more episodes for her but she loves the skunk one so much she'll ask me to play it instead of watching any she hasn't seen. She still laughs seeing them dress up in the other people's clothes, etc. I remember liking see DC in only a towel. Confused LOL! Razz

I felt the "reunion" went well. Danny shouldn't be one to talk poorly of anyone else's looks. He even admited on the show he's not much to look at & so it's sad he's taking cheap shots at Suzanne on his radio show - although not surprising. He'll say anything to get attention. I felt Suzanne did fine. Brian's still good looking. I hope he can get an acting gig from this appearance.

Yes - Susan Dey was getting more attention from NOT being there. Smart gal - and pretty consistant. She went on to have a good repuatable career and is now enjoying her family & private life. Good for her!

Over-all, I think DC was fine & in good spirits. I was a tad surprised he even mentioned "Ruby" since it went off the air and he wound up saying he wouldn't mention THAT station again - so appeared a bit "bitter." Not that blame him as both Crystalinda & I actually really liked the show. Still, I thought he'd mention the touring w David Jones of "The Monkees" and make a plug for people who grew up during the 60's or 70's to come hear & see them as it was a great time for some free PR! But - oh well!

Sorry to see the other "Cat" kicked off - although I understand you position.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got an email from Danny - I thanked him for stopping for the two members of our club after the show. - that he will be putting up some video footage on the site that Amy took backstage. So that will be cool.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not interested in hearing him speak, so I won't click on the links. But why in the world does he say Suzanne is disgruntled? About the PF? Her life now? She's a close friend of mine, so I think I can say with 100% certainty that she's anything but. Me confused. (Or is this just more of Danny being inappropriate for a cheap laugh?) Confused
kiethlives
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
I haven't visited the site for a long time, but I heard about the 'reunion' and could not watch it (and I still can't figure out how to use my VCR), but I knew I could vist this board and get the blow by blow. When I have access to a computer that has sound (yes really, that is how it is, I work on a computer without sound) I'll be able to come back to this site find the posted links (Thanks!) and listen/watch it.

I haven't visited because the site was becoming a bummer. I liked the site before, because I could come here and 'Get Happy!". I started to think I had to defend myself because I like DC.

I'm very happy to read Scott, PazJD, and others reroute the tone of the site back to the idea of happy partidge pals. I think some people forget that we are discussing SHOW BUSINESS and people in show business who are 'acting' when in public. Acting poorly too sometimes... I too wonder at someone who spends so much time reading about a person whom they seem to despise.

Here is my question though: Did anyone talk to Shirley on the broadcast, or was she left out because she was Skyped in and sort of forgotten?
DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, perhaps "disgruntled" is the wrong word. I agree with Danny in the sense that she didn't smile much or seem very enthusiastic to be there.

Kiethlives, Shirley was touring and wasn't able to join the reunion.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just thought Suzanne was being Suzanne. It's sounds as though Danny was expecting her to be bubbly. She's never been someone with "zing". Her personality isn't like that. You can't expect her to be Suzanne Somers. She's Suzanne Crough. I thought she was fine and would never even have thought to suggest she was anything but happy to be there.
DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, see, I don't really know Suzanne Crough. I know Tracy Smile and I've seen Suzanne interviewed for one of the PF bios but I've never met her or read much about her. In the PF bio clip I recall, she's the opposite of bubbly and it's to be expected because they're discussing the PF merchandising profits. She says something to the effect that someone made money from all that merchandise but it wasn't the cast. Now, if she'd been all smiles recounting that, I'd have to borrow Danny's phrase and say that's "crazier than a bag of cats". Laughing

So on the Today show, all I could tell was she wasn't as "smiley" as the others and I perceived it as a lack of enthusiasm. Disgruntled implies annoyance or anger, doesn't it? So, it's definitely the wrong word here because she didn't convey either.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the word you're looking for is "indifferent", DeeDee. That sounds like what you're trying to say. Smile
DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I found a better adjective, Gord: subdued. Indifferent people don't make the effort to attend these things. No, you're probably right in that Danny might have been expecting her to be as "bubbly" (or is that hyper? Wink) as he was.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzanne was very nice to the couple of fans who were waiting outside when they came out after the show. She even went back in and came out on the side where one fan was standing away from the others, in order to sign for that fan. Suzanne, Brian and Danny stopped, signed and posed. The fans told me they were very accommodating.

Actually Roker was the one sort of making fun on the air of what Suzanne did. He was the one who made the 'toner' joke. Why?? What did he do before he was mr. weather man?
BLUEBIRD
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reunion Reply with quote

PazJD wrote:
Cat, David and Danny did what was expected of them on the show. What is wrong with with that?? Would you rather that David be an ass or Danny be an ass and ruin the segments - like The Brady's had to cancel theirs because of personal conflict & it publicly known now? David doesn't have to love being there, Danny doesn't have to love being there, NONE of all of them have to love being there, but they do need to do what is expected to put on a good segment for the show. And that's what they did, and I applaud both of them for stepping up and putting stuff aside for the show. Whether genuine or not, whether David & Danny felt differently away from the cameras, that's fine, as long as when on camera they delivered. Same if Danny doesn't really want to do other TV talk shows, or appearances, or if David doesn't really want to do a concert, as long as they play the part for the TV or live audience to do what is expected and required, that's all they need to do. They can hate it before or afterwards in private, but be 'on' during it. For those in the general public who do not know about this PF website or Danny's radio show or who don't follow David's career as we do, and don't know any back stuff, DC & DB gave what those people remember from years ago. Very Happy
Cat, I'm not innocent either, I can be very critical of something David does I don't like, even brutal & he knows this, so you know I really mean it when I say that BOTH David and Danny did real good this morning!!

Brava, Barbara!

If one was to watch these segments ONE time, as meant to be watched, they would clearly see the good natured joking between the cast, and Danny's expected jokes -- always funny. Brian was lovely as usual, and Suzanne as well! Sometimes I think people invent vibes that just aren't there, or are just not coming thru on the tube at all.
I sooo missed Dave Madden, he was such a wonderful part of the show...my favorite manager! They should have skyped him in, THAT would have been an additional treat!

Lu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: