[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

PF Reunion on Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got an email from a Just David club member who was there this morning:

Hi Barbara I was there and there was another person to go get there autographs and they signed my three albums and I had my picture taken taken with Danny and Suzanne, and Brian they were very nice about it too. Did not get David though, someone said he had to catch a plane. The crowd was let go at about 8:30 or so and I stuck around for the Partridges. But it was fun seeing them in person.

Got another from same member. I asked her if she saw David or did he go out another way:

I did not see David, he went out the same way but I saw Suzanne first on the plaza and then they all came out the side entrance but David was too fast. They all signed three of my records, Partridge Album, Up To Date (Brian signed over the first Chris) and Sound Magazine. And I said happy birthday to Suzanne.

Another edit added: My question to her and her reply. Nice Suzanne!!!

"Did they come out of the side door around the corner where Duane Reade is, or did they come out from the studio into the middle of the barricaded plaza?"
Yes they came out of the side door but Suzanne came out in the middle because someone was flashing a record to her and she came out but then went in and out the other way.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny's latest twitter:

# David Cassidy looked fantastic and was super nice. about 5 hours ago via web

# Just finished The Today Show. Forgot to say "crazy as a bag of cats." I owe Metro and Sarah $50. Damn. about 5 hours ago via web
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what we diehard fan need to be reminded of from time to time (and I certainly include myself) is that these appearances aren't really for us as much as they are for the fans who haven't followed the cast all these years. Millions of people loved The Partridge Family and then moved on to The Bay City Rollers or someone else. This is more for the mom (or the dad) who's getting ready for work and hasn't thought of The Partridge Family in years, but boy did she love them back then! They probably haven't heard the stories over and over the way we have. And after 40 years, there just aren't any stories we haven't heard before.

I thought today's Today turned out absolutely the best that it could have. Everyone WAS on their best behavior and seemed to be enjoying themselves. Maybe they're getting to the age where they realize there may not be many more of these reunions, and they might as well make the best of them. That's the way I approach them.
cat
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PazJD wrote:
Cat, David and Danny did what was expected of them on the show. What is wrong with with that?? !!

My response to the Penn Peak's thing was that I finally put together why David was so mad at Danny then at Penn's Peak.

David must have requested to be on Danny's radio show. Like I said it was a larger market and the venue was half filled. IT occured to me when he said to Danny, "Gee you talk to Al and not Me. You must have lost my number".

I know that Danny seems to handle TV.

I thought they handled themselve Ok for that we all know about.
We know more behind the scenes than the average fewer.

I enjoyed that they spoke about Dave Madden as well.
I thought that Brian and Suzanne were very gracious.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cat, if you listen to the radio podcast, Danny's co-hosts specifically say that they tried to book David three times on the show and each time David declined.

I think David saying "you lost my number" was just for the Today show comedy, to joke this was the reason he hadn't been on Danny's show. But Danny and his co-hosts stated last week about David's three cancelations & again this morning off TV. That was why they had David in the 'dead to us' file at WYSP.
But NOW David is out of that "dead" file since he said to Danny in the greenroom that he wants to come on the radio show. Smile

Last edited by PazJD on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
cat
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PazJD wrote:
Cat, if you listen to the radio podcast, Danny's co-hosts specifically say that they tried to book David three times on the show and each time David declined.

I think David saying "you lost my number" was just for the Today show, as if to sound this was the reason he hadn't been on Danny's show. But Danny and his co-hosts stated about the David's three cancelations. That was why they had him in the 'dead to us' file.
But NOW he is out of that "dead" file since he said to Danny in the greenroom that he wants to come on the radio show.

I remember what happened in August when David wanted to come on the show and they would not let him on.
Danny did help another radio guy out in the area by going on his show. Danny then said to David he could come on the show.

You make fun of Danny and such but I don't think you understand the magnitude of area that Danny's listening area covers.
Instead of David going on a Little Penn's peak station. He could have gone on Danny's show
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You make fun of Danny and such but I don't think you understand the magnitude of area that Danny's listening area covers.
Instead of David going on a Little Penn's peak station. He could have gone on Danny's show

Cat - I am a fan of Danny's also. I certainly know that the Phila market is a big one. Penns Peak has online listening too so fans worldwide heard that interview.
But we do not know when the three times David declined occurred. Maybe he declined once before August, so when August came Danny wouldn't have him on. Then maybe when Danny said David could come on the show, they tried to book him again and he declined. So when Penn's Peak came, and David wanted to come on that was when Danny said no. We don't know! So we cannot assume to know the circumstances. We only know what the radio show said, which is that they tried to book David three times. Whatever, its between Danny and David and this morning they seemed to have worked it out. That's it.

Last edited by PazJD on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAN WE PLEASE STOP THIS INSANITY?

Seriously, Cat -- you have me at the end of my rope. You really really really really do. Is that enough reallys? I can't emphasize it enough. I really really really really can't take it anymore.

Straw? Meet Camel's back. How many others ways can I say it?
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brick wall d'oh!
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Laughing Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Shocked Shocked Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Mad Mad Exclamation Exclamation Eh? Eh?

Is that enough range of emotions? Laughing
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PazJD wrote:

PazJD, I love that atomic emoticon!! I haven't seen it before.

Thank you SO MUCH for all of your wonderful updates, and all the information you share to enrich our experience!!
BonnieNY
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVGord wrote:
I think what we diehard fan need to be reminded of from time to time (and I certainly include myself) is that these appearances aren't really for us as much as they are for the fans who haven't followed the cast all these years. Millions of people loved The Partridge Family and then moved on to The Bay City Rollers or someone else. This is more for the mom (or the dad) who's getting ready for work and hasn't thought of The Partridge Family in years, but boy did she love them back then! They probably haven't heard the stories over and over the way we have. And after 40 years, there just aren't any stories we haven't heard before.

I thought today's Today turned out absolutely the best that it could have. Everyone WAS on their best behavior and seemed to be enjoying themselves. Maybe they're getting to the age where they realize there may not be many more of these reunions, and they might as well make the best of them. That's the way I approach them.

Good points.

Sorry I was cranky earlier. Smile
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This wasn't directed at anyone in particular (anymore or less than it was aimed at myself).

Besides, cranky's okay. I kinda like cranky. Wink
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singmedavid, I just searched free smiley sites until I found two good ones (looks like how I feared the greenroom would be this morning. Ba Dum Bump!)

Hey it made the Yahoo Daytime Shows News tonight: Its the first story that comes on on in this video:

http://tv.yahoo.com/daytime/video/the-today-show-gma-judge-mathis/18332183/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: