[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

PF Reunion on Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cat
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When they asked the question about Shirley and Dave M. being a father or mother figure to them, Danny went on to rave about how he and Dave Madden are in frequent contact and then he told the story of how Shirley sent him up to his room when there was no room.

I thought it was interesting how when they turn to David they had up a picture of Jack and Shirley. I have never seen the picture before and I am guessing that Shirley might have provided it. I am sure that David C. didn't.

David went on to say they were not parent figures to him.
I am glad they included the talk about Dave M.
I enjoyed his book.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an article and video of the interview:

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-partridge-family-cast-reunion/

This is good because between listening and typing I am sure I got somethings wrong or not quoted right, so you can see yourselves if you missed this morning.
BonnieNY
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same old interview that we've seen a bazillion times. Sorry, I don't mean to be a downer, but that's what it was. Danny even told a couple of the same old PF stories (e.g., Shirley sending him to his non-existent room). I agree that DC and Danny were both on their best behavior. It went fine.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well like Danny has said, what more can they say about the show each time? They get asked the same questions and they give the same answers.
cat
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David did mention how Danny will have Al Roker on the show but not him.
Then he said something about Danny losing his telephone number.

I am thinking that the reason that David was trashing Danny at the Penn's Peak concert was because Danny's radio show reached a larger market than the local radio show that he did in Jim THorpe,PA. They delayed David's radio interview in Penn's Peak.

Back when Ruby was on and Danny would not have David on the show, Danny agreed to help another area Radio show and talk to David. Danny did tell David off a little and then Danny said something like he would have David on the show.

Danny eventually went back to saying how David was dead to him and will not have him on the show.
maybe he thought David would forget.

I thought it was funny how David made it seem like he was in a constant state of touring when his last concerts were during Valentine's Day weekend.
He only has a handful of concerts lined up in the future.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the podcast link - they mention the reunion at 5am, but at 6AM is when Danny calls in first time. The hosts say how David canceled being on their radio show on three occasions.

You can click on each part and fast forward the slide bar til you hear him calling in.

http://94wysp.radio.com/2010/03/02/the-danny-bonaduce-show-podcast-03-02-10/

Listen from beginning of the 6AM, cos he calls in at the beginning.

At 7AM listen cos he calls in at beginning.

And at the 8AM hour skip to the 8:30 mark.

Last edited by PazJD on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PazJD wrote:
Well like Danny has said, what more can they say about the show each time? They get asked the same questions and they give the same answers.

This is true. Smile
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cat, what do you expect of DC? He's not a current recording artist with hits on the radio. Valentine's Day was only 2 weeks ago. He tours as much as he wants to. For crying out loud, does every post have to trash DC? Man -- I'm not his biggest fan either but at least I try and treat him fairly.

Sorry -- but sometimes this board tastes like a big ole sourball and It's getting tiring.
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope my post didn't come off as anti-DC. It wasn't meant that way at all. I was just saying that we've seen that interview (with all of them) many times before. Paz is right, though. Ask the same questions, get the same answers. Smile
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked in my e-mail how hard was it to adjust to "real life" after the show was cancelled- I guess mine was too different to read! Rolling Eyes
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Bonnie not at all. I wasn't commenting about your post. I realize that DC hasn't endeared himself to people lately and I'm certainly not making excuses for him. I guess it's the constant digs that people feel the need to give, that don't seem to have anything to do with the thread. It's understandable, given the climate he has created for us fans lately, but I think it is starting to drive people away that want to be here to "get happy." It's a tightrope walk, I guess because I don't want to come across as if I am censoring people, but I do want people to be fair. (I'm not saying I am innocent of that either, BTW.) But perhaps, for the sake of the Board and the people that want to gather for fun, we shouldn't dredge up past issues, bringing them up in totally unrelated threads? Does that make any sense?

I thought the first segment was fine, and everybody looked and sounded great.
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
No, Bonnie not at all. I wasn't commenting about your post. I realize that DC hasn't endeared himself to people lately and I'm certainly not making excuses for him. I guess it's the constant digs that people feel the need to give, that don't seem to have anything to do with the thread. It's understandable, given the climate he has created for us fans lately, but I think it is starting to drive people away that want to be here to "get happy." It's a tightrope walk, I guess because I don't want to come across as if I am censoring people, but I do want people to be fair. (I'm not saying I am innocent of that either, BTW.) But perhaps, for the sake of the Board and the people that want to gather for fun, we shouldn't dredge up past issues, bringing them up in totally unrelated threads? Does that make any sense?

Totally. Smile
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cat, David and Danny did what was expected of them on the show. What is wrong with with that?? Would you rather that David be an ass or Danny be an ass and ruin the segments - like The Brady's had to cancel theirs because of personal conflict & it publicly known now? David doesn't have to love being there, Danny doesn't have to love being there, NONE of all of them have to love being there, but they do need to do what is expected to put on a good segment for the show. And that's what they did, and I applaud both of them for stepping up and putting stuff aside for the show. Whether genuine or not, whether David & Danny felt differently away from the cameras, that's fine, as long as when on camera they delivered. Same if Danny doesn't really want to do other TV talk shows, or appearances, or if David doesn't really want to do a concert, as long as they play the part for the TV or live audience to do what is expected and required, that's all they need to do. They can hate it before or afterwards in private, but be 'on' during it. For those in the general public who do not know about this PF website or Danny's radio show or who don't follow David's career as we do, and don't know any back stuff, DC & DB gave what those people remember from years ago. Very Happy
Cat, I'm not innocent either, I can be very critical of something David does I don't like, even brutal & he knows this, so you know I really mean it when I say that BOTH David and Danny did real good this morning!!

Last edited by PazJD on Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Britfan
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paz for the video link.

As someone who's never seen a PF reunion before I thought it was great so thanks again. I thought David and Danny were both entertaining. Danny was funny and David was being typical David but on a good day! At least he was looking well and seemed relaxed and to be enjoying himself. Nice to see Suzanne and Brian too. Very Happy
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was cool to have both the on air TV combined with the backstage calls Danny did to his radio station. Gave more of fuller experience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: