[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

PF Reunion on Today
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: PF Reunion on Today Reply with quote

Well first looks at the cast from the "cut to's after annoucement of the reunion was funny. Serious faces with David saying something and then David noticed the camera on them, pointed and mouthed "Get Happy" and they all turned to look and smile at the camera. I think the atmosphere is one of 'politeness'. David is wearing his leather jacket, Danny has on his station shirt under a jacket (I think leather from quick look but not sure), Brian and Suzanne have dark on too.

There is a girl that Al goes to outside holding up a Sound Magazine lp = she is a Beatle fan friend of mine named Debbie! Didn't know she was going down there...or that she was a closet PF fan. LOL Have to ask her at the Beatles convention later this month in NJ. LOL

Last edited by PazJD on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
DCFAN72
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paz, Can you keep us all updated as the morning continues.
cheers.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shirley is not being shown at all, not even on skype. David says she wanted to 'be' there but she is doing a concert on the road, so ...
It is going very well on air. EVERYONE is being so great with each other. Danny pumping up David and Danny being complimentary to Suzanne.
They spoke about Susan with David and Danny saying how they've not seen her in many years, that Shirley ran into her about 10 years ago, Danny said the only way he can contact her is by telepathy now. David said she was his closest friend and he loved her and they all say "Susan is you are out there watching, we love you." Danny jokes, "Not me so much.... No I do."
Brian and Suzanne spoke now and then about being very good at being Milli Vanilli. They showed clips of the show beforehand. Basically it wasn't much different from other interviews they have done, but in light of recent events, they all were very nice and interacting with each other. David hugging Danny after Danny said David still looks good and "I look like a Sharpei!"
So for what it is worth, they all "did their job" and played nice and the reunion came off very well for the viewers. Although Suzanne s sitting the furthest away on the right side - whether on purpose due to Danny, one can draw their own conclusion.
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope there are some good questions.
cat
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Danny, they have answered the same questiions for years. It is like they are all just taking their parts.

I can't wait to get Danny's take on this tomorrow.
He did well on the Joy Behar Show yesterday.

I love that part where they are playing the PF game.
How forced was that.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny is calling into his radio station now. He says it went well.
But he is scared about going back on to answer viewer mail, because he says, "There are a lot of people out there who hate me!" The emails will be more for David telling how much they love him and had his photos on their wall. He said the atmosphere was good between the cast, and even with everything whenever he gets in the presence of David he gets nervous, and David was very jovial and said he wants to come onto Danny's radio show after turning it down three times before. Danny says its like seeing a father figure that you were in awe of before and still are. Danny becomes little Danny again in David's actual presence. Danny's co-host says now they can take David out of the "Dead to Us" file. Danny said that David didn't know he was in that file. He said he spoke more to David and he cannot get over how good David looked. The hosts said Danny looked good and not like a sharpei. Danny said he told the makeup person not to put too much make up on. Danny said he had to say something about Susan not being there, David doesn't have to do this and the rest of them were able to show up but why can't Susan. They were told not to talk over each other on air but David said that actually works well for them and he said he would point to Danny when e wanted him to say something (this was a joke). Tomorrow they will play the audio from the Today SHow and Danny will comment when he is back at the station tomorrow.
The hosts said that it was a lot happier than they expected.
Do it seems when David and Danny get together whatever they said about each other is forgotten and they are great friends. Danny said he and David were off on their own talking more to each other than with Suzanne and Brian - that after they first all saw each other and the "great to see ya's" got out of the way, He and David sort of had nothing more to say to them and they to David and Danny and so they sort of just fell into Danny and David talking to each other aside and Suzanne and Brian talking to each other.
The radio hosts told Danny to open his jacket more to show the shirt more and Danny said that he tried but as you can see the stools were close together and so it was difficult, but he will try in the next segment.
He is still dreading the emails that will be asked for him - he commented David's emails will be loving from fans, Suzanne's and Brians will be about how cute they were on the show and how they've grown, and for Danny they will have to just show his emails off camera cos they will be too bad to read out. He is going to try and say the catch phrase, "That's crazier than a bag of cats". So it IS better to just let Danny and David deal with each other as they see fit because they seem to work it out somehow.

Last edited by PazJD on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone was on their best behavior, which was very nice to see. It will be nice to have this reunion to look at in years from now and maybe even forget all of the tensions that were going on at the time. I am very pleased with the way the first segment has gone. They even poked fun at Susan's withdrawal from anything Partridge in a friendly way.

I'm anxious for the next segment! The pressure is really on Danny now. How is he going to work that ludicrous catch phrase from his morning show into the conversation! Ha ha! He did manage to cuss in the first segment, so maybe that will buy him some radio-cred when he gets back to work. I think he might face some razzing for how much he's playing along, considering all of his bravado on the air over the past week.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well when Matt asks a question Danny could say, "That's crazier than a bag of cats" as opinion of a question, or reaction to one of the other's answers.

Scott, if you can, maybe Suzanne will say how she felt while there due to radio comments the other day. But if you don't want to reveal if she says anything to you, that's fine.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that catch phrase is easier to work in. The earlier phrase quoted was "That crazy is a bag of cats", and I thought that one would be tough. Yeah, "that's crazy as a bag of cats" is much easier! Smile
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but on Danny's twitter he had the correct phrase. I think I heard it wrong yesterday on the radio show.

Here's his twitter from last night:

Final Thought: That
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVGord wrote:
Everyone was on their best behavior, which was very nice to see. It will be nice to have this reunion to look at in years from now and maybe even forget all of the tensions that were going on at the time. I am very pleased with the way the first segment has gone. They even poked fun at Susan's withdrawal from anything Partridge in a friendly way.

I'm anxious for the next segment! The pressure is really on Danny now. How is he going to work that ludicrous catch phrase from his morning show into the conversation! Ha ha! He did manage to cuss in the first segment, so maybe that will buy him some radio-cred when he gets back to work. I think he might face some razzing for how much he's playing along, considering all of his bravado on the air over the past week.

I'm wondering if Danny was like that on call to station because he was near everyone else in green room when he was on his cell - and if he will say different tomorrow morning. But he did sound like a kid on Christmas talking about David on the phone, so...??

Last edited by PazJD on Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just my opinion, of course, but I think what we're seeing now is Danny is out in the real world and away from the comfort of his radio studio. It's hard to play that radio persona outside the room. Add in the fact that he's surrounded by his fellow Partridges, and I think he's struggling (a light-hearted comment) with the two personas of Danny of today and Danny of the past.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Questons are usual ones - how was DC as teen idol then compared to ones today like Zafron and Pattison (Twilight), and DC said about now no cell phones with cameras then and no TMZ. Danny said that Robert P looks bad while David was a handsome teen idol. Roker said that Robert was on the show yesterday, and David joked to the camera, "Robert, I had nothing to do with this!". David told about his concerts just played and upcoming one at Epcot. Suzanne told how she is a mgr of an Office max and Roker joked about her getting him some toner. David said "Al you don't need toner". Danny got to say his station's call letters because Roker mentioned having been on Danny's radio show. David said to Danny, "You seem to have lost my number because you call Al to be on your show but not me (nicely bypassing the real 3 times he refused to go on). Brian said he is an underemployed actor, musician - well such as he is he said, just waiting for his next gig. There was a question why Dave Madden wasn't there and David said that Dave won't fly, that's why he wasn't there.
Suzanne said if there was no PF she would probably still have the same life as she has now, married with two kids and normal job. There was a question if there will be a PF Reunion and David and Danny both answered, "Yes, and THIS is it!". Then David started to tell how he would like to do something with the rest of the PF a sort of reunion tv thing but that it has to be done right and he was starting to get into technical stuff and Roker interrupted so that was the end of that answer. With LOVE I say that was good because David was about to go into one of his long replies. Laughing They said that Dave and SHirley were like the parental influence on the set, and Roker mentioned how Danny and Dave were a 'team' in many episodes. They did briefly mention about Susan and the ribbing they told when the second segment opened.
Anyone else on here who can add to this....
cat
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just came from the WYSP Show log

Quote:
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, see, he could have been like that on phone cos he was being heard. Laughing

I went to read the rest of the log, Danny called in to the show at 6am - so they were already at NBC. I have to podcast that segment cos no way was I up at 6m to listen to his show live. LOL

Here is the text from his radio site:

6:08
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: