[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

The Today Show reunions - 8 Is Enough / PF / 227
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PazJD wrote:
Quote:
The Kathie Lee / Hoda portion just started. First time I've seen it. Is someone replacing Kathie Lee? Because this woman looks 20 years younger than I imagined Kathie Lee to be.

And thanks to the miracle of botox, she does. She's said she gets regular "updates", plus that she uses hair extensions.

Botox and a truckload of Restylane! She's got plump skin for a woman nearing sixty. Mind you, I wasn't watching the show on a high res TV (and I am a tad myopic) but she looked good. Almost too good.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeeDee wrote:
I just watched it and the Today show is seriously edited for my local feed. It starts at 10 am, after Regis & Kelly Live.

You must have your own local morning show for your NBC station there from 7-9 then. And they put the 9-10hour NY hour of Today Show nationally for you? Regis is on your ABC station right? Not on same station as Today.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Botox and a truckload of Restylane! She's got plump skin for a woman nearing sixty. Mind you, I wasn't watching the show on a high res TV (and I am a tad myopic) but she looked good. Almost too good.

Well have you seen Frank lately? They both are held together with tape and glue!! LOL
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, Cody is looking older than they do! Laughing
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To this day - and this ain't a lie to sound good - whenever I see anything by e.e. cummings, I always remember the episode after Diana Hyland died and Willie Ames character was having the hardest time missing his mother, and they found a Xmas present that the mother had bought early and put away for him and it was a book by e.e cummings, who I had never heard of til then. and they told how close he was to his mother and they shared a liking for poetry and how the mother told him how e.e. cummings had his name with all small letters was classy. Honestly that was first time I ever heard of that writer and always think of 8 is Enough when I see the name in the library or bookstore.

Last edited by PazJD on Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVGord wrote:
At this point, Cody is looking older than they do! Laughing

That guy was such a brat when he was kid Shocked - and spoiled. KLG had to be asked to leave a Bdway theatre matinee because he wouldn't sit still and was disturbing others. He now resembles Frank in his earlier football days. I'm sure now he & Cassidy roll their eyes at mom.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG just remembered Ralph Macchio was on 8 is Enough too!
He was in NY for a bit doing Ugly Betty. Too bad they didn't have him on because after 8 Is Enough his career took off well with Karate Kid movies.

Found these articles links on the 'unofficial Eight is Enough site" (http://www.eightisenough.com/308.htm) about how the reunion wasn't shown well.

http://www.pbpulse.com/tv/2010/03/01/eight-is-not-quite-enough-at-today-reunion/

http://www.manolith.com/2010/03/01/eight-is-enough-reunion-nbc-redemption/

And Susan Richardson's daughter, Sarah, has a myspace, but you can't go in unless a friend, so don't know why they have it linked, but:

http://www.myspace.com/sarahvox

Quote:
I'm getting a kick out of Willie Aames being a financial adviser. Didn't he just file for bankruptcy?

Scott, its a kick that he seems to be more settled now than Scott Baio when it used to be the other way around before!
cat
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Failed Brady Reunion Reply with quote

I guess some people might have known this but the National Enquirer did post the reason for the failed Brady Reunion.

Quote:
Maureen McCormick and Eve Plumb at each other's throats over infamous lesbian smear!

The two stars of the once- family friendly show are still not talking and RadarOnline.com reports their hatred for each other led to the abrupt cancellation of a Brady Bunch TV reunion.

But when Maureen and Eve found out they were going to be on the same national morning show, things quickly fell apart, a source who knows them said.

"Everyone tells a slightly different story of what happened," the source said. "But the bottom line is that they didn't want to be on the same show and the appearance was canceled because of it."

Their ongoing feud dates back when Maureen alleged that she and Eve had had a lesbian relationship to sell her autobiography which Eve insisted never happened!

"They've never liked each other," the source reiterated.

"And there have been many other events where Eve has said, 'I'm not doing it if Maureen is doing it.'"

See what happens when you get The Monkees' Davy Jones as your prom date?!

DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PazJD wrote:
DeeDee wrote:
I just watched it and the Today show is seriously edited for my local feed. It starts at 10 am, after Regis & Kelly Live.

You must have your own local morning show for your NBC station there from 7-9 then. And they put the 9-10hour NY hour of Today Show nationally for you? Regis is on your ABC station right? Not on same station as Today.

I'm a dunce. Didn't read my listings correctly. I get the Today show from 7 to 9 and then 9 to 10 is Regis & Kelly (yep, on the same NBC-affiliate station) and then Today is back on from 10 to 12. Martha is on at 12.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh brother. Eve needs to lighten up. Maureen was joking when she made that comment, and the press ran with it. Nobody believes that the two of them were swapping spit on the Astroturf behind Tiger's doghouse. The Today Show should have ran the segment without those two. Five other cast members could have appeared -- six, if Alice is interested. The Partridge weren't all there, the Bradfords weren't all there, so what's the bid deal?
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah either Maureen or Eve could have been by remote. But maybe even appearing on the same TV show is still disagreeable to Eve.

At the end of the radio show this morning, Danny said that he will be calling in live to the radio show tomorrow whenever there is a break from them being on screen at Today Show - like in the greenroom between segments. He said he would wear a suit jacket with a station t-shirt underneath, and he will say his catchphrase at some point in the show. If he doesn't get to work it in he has to pay $50 to each of his radio show co-hosts. The phrase is "That crazy is a bag of cats" its something they say on the show when something is out of the ordinary. (must be a Philly thing?). So I will have both the computer on and the TV to see the on air and listen to the backstage calls Danny does to his station. I think that will be cool to hear backstage stuff. Won't do podcast, I will listen live on computer. His male co-host wore a DC t-shirt to the station this morning, he bought it off the internet. The co-hosts are really into the reunion.
Danny's show starts at 5am so don't know when he will begin calling in - maybe when they are all there in makeup room. He didn't say what time he has to arrive at NBC.

Anyway he is on Joy Behar tonight.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang! I missed the "227" segments today. Did anybody watch? Who was there?? :D

Never mind -- just found it online. It was fun! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: