[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Missing Partridge Family Episode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
little laurie
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Missing Partridge Family Episode Reply with quote

Now I am a member of one of David Cassidy's website Clodyne's Site and on there they had downloaded Partridge Family clips from the show and there was one clip I don't remember seen. It was the one that have David's dad Jack Cassidy in it. I don't seem to remember seen that episode on my DVD and it would of been on the their first one. It was neat to see the pictures of him being on there.I wonder why it not on the DVD so? Rolling Eyes You think it would be.

Peace,
Little Laurie
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the extended pilot episode. It's not a a missing episode -- just an edited scene from the original pilot.
AarHandy3
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
That's the extended pilot episode. It's not a a missing episode -- just an edited scene from the original pilot.

Was it broadcast or was it part of an original presentation? Question
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had always thought that it was part of the original presentation.
I have seen this episode with the original commercials intact, and I never saw that seen included.
IIRC the "Johnny Cash" introduction made the air.

Darryl
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was not part of the initial airing. The pilot exists in an extended format with about 5 - 7 extra minutes, trimmed for final broadcast. Jack Cassidy's scene was never aired. The original pilot also has Shirley's name as "Connie" and the family living in Ohio instead of southern California.
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
The original pilot also has Shirley's name as "Connie" and the family living in Ohio instead of southern California.

Oh Scott, Scott Scott.....didn't we once have the debate of the century here about exactly where the family was supposed to live?? And didn't we come to the conclusion that it was in northern CA, not southern CA?? Is it time for another debate?? Laughing Question Laughing
Randy64
Official Bus Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it was the Southern end of Northern CA or the Northern end of Southern CA. Wink
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marjorie63 wrote:
Scott wrote:
The original pilot also has Shirley's name as "Connie" and the family living in Ohio instead of southern California.

Oh Scott, Scott Scott.....didn't we once have the debate of the century here about exactly where the family was supposed to live?? And didn't we come to the conclusion that it was in northern CA, not southern CA?? Is it time for another debate?? Laughing Question Laughing

The first season indicated they lived north. The rest of the series pretty much indicated south, although the continuity to this and many other "facts" (such as where in relation to the PF Reuben lived??) left a lot to be desired. Laughing
ZTAMS
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has probably been mentioned before, but Reuben says something in season 1 in "Did You Hear the One About Danny Partridge" which would indicate they lived in Los Angeles. Reuben and Shirley are in the garage talking about Danny's bad jokes. Reuben suggests Danny see his friend Max Pepper who's a friend of his "and his office is right here in L.A."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: