[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Danny lost his radio job
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAZZ4JEFF
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Danny lost his radio job Reply with quote

This is from L.A. Radio.com.

Danny Bonaduce Released from Star 98.7

(July 1, 2005) At 10 a.m. this morning, Danny Bonaduce was let go from KYSR. Effective immediately the "Star 98.7" morning show will be Jamie, Jack & Stench. Beginning Tuesday, Danny's former co-host Jamie White will be joined by board-op Jack Hine, and morning show producer Stench (Mike Roberts).
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Danny Reply with quote

But why?

Sad
kelley
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Question
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure they feel they gave him many chances.
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:01 am    Post subject: Danny Bonaduce losing radio job Reply with quote

As I don't live in America I would not have listened to Danny on the radio but I do think that his bosses could have given him another chance. There was an incident where Danny made a commet about Donny Osmond and they both ended up having a boxing match - was for charity but I felt as though he was very unkind to Donny and he deserved to be beaten by Donny! I don't know if anybody else has the same opinion as me but Donny is both a great singer and very talented as well. That is to say that I don't dislike Danny I have seen him in three episodes of Chips and he is a great actor both in comedy and drama but please stick to what you know best Danny and don't insult Donny again.

Laura Lambert
Maidstone, Kent
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't listen to Danny's show, but it seems like Danny has had to take a lot of time off between the TV stuff he's been doing and the stint in rehab. Is the person who replaced Danny the person who filled in for him while he was in rehab? If so, it's possible that the ratings went up during Danny's absences. If that happened, they'd have no qualms about replacing Danny with his fill-in, since commercial radio lives and dies by its ratings books. It can be dangerous for DJs to take extended absences from work.
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Danny Bonaduce losing radio job Reply with quote

lauralambert wrote:
As I don't live in America I would not have listened to Danny on the radio but I do think that his bosses could have given him another chance. There was an incident where Danny made a commet about Donny Osmond and they both ended up having a boxing match - was for charity but I felt as though he was very unkind to Donny and he deserved to be beaten by Donny! I don't know if anybody else has the same opinion as me but Donny is both a great singer and very talented as well. That is to say that I don't dislike Danny I have seen him in three episodes of Chips and he is a great actor both in comedy and drama but please stick to what you know best Danny and don't insult Donny again.

Laura Lambert
Maidstone, Kent

That wasn't at this radio station & it was close to 15 years ago-- why live in the past?
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DannyFan
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From someone who listens every day - including today, here's what they said happened. On Friday, many of the executives gathered around the studio and they let Danny go. Mike Roberts (Stench) spoke with Danny later in the day. Danny has been unhappy for quite a while and wanted to pursue other things. He is not upset and is very happy. He had a few months left in his contract and had been hinting very loudly in the office he wanted to pursue other things when his contract was up.

While Danny was in rehab, management observed that the ratings were still stable and people's feedback was good having Jack and Stench (Mike Roberts) in Danny's position. They are obviously a lot less expensive to have than Danny.

On the Star987 web site, they have deleted Danny's pictures and references.
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Danny Speaks Reply with quote

Here's what Danny has to say about it. I agree that the humor on that show was nasty. Couldn't stand it. Hopefully Danny can move on to better things. Note that he says Being Bonaduce is scheduled to air on September 11. Oh boy.

--------------------------------------------------

Article Published: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 - 3:27:32 PM PST
Danny Bonaduce dropped from STAR 98.7
By Staff and Wire Services

Danny Bonaduce says he turned down two job offers within hours of leaving Star 98 and promises his forthcoming reality TV series will pull no punches in revealing recent events.

The "Partridge Family" survivor, who was dropped Friday after six years as co-host of Star's morning program, said he long felt like a "fifth wheel" on the gab fest, now helmed by former radio partner Jamie White.
"It's not the kind of comedy I felt comfortable doing," Bonaduce said. "It's too mean-spirited. I don't like insulting people and calling everyone losers. But the only way I could protect myself was to participate. To be honest, that kind of show really doesn't need me. I don't want to do that brand of comedy anymore."

Bonaduce's TV series, "Being Bonaduce," was already in production in May when the star entered a 30-day alcohol treatment program. Shooting wrapped on 10 episodes last week, but the Philadelphia-born entertainer said cameras were running again to capture recent events.

Officials at KYSR-FM (98.7) - Star 98 - said it was decided "amicably" last week that Bonaduce's contract not be renewed and negotiations were taking place Wednesday to close any remaining issues.

"Being Bonaduce," which premieres Sept. 11 on VH1, contains footage shot when Bonaduce allowed cameras into the rehab center while he was visiting with his kids.

"It covers my personal life and everything that entails," Bonaduce, 45, said. "I didn't hide a thing."

The wisecracking comic added that within hours of leaving Star 98 last Friday, he had two radio offers, but turned them down, although he's not ruling out a return to the morning fray. "There's only one shift on radio, and that's mornings," he said.
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: From LA Radio Reply with quote

Kicking Danny's Fanny
from laradio.com

(July 6, 2005) When does good taste taste bad? When does humor cross that Maginot line and become cruel? When does potty humor turn obscene? Some of these issues, if not all of them, are in the ear of the beholder. What happened yesterday morning at
BonnieNY
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Stench?"

Well, "stench" perfectly describes what I think of the vapid Jamie.

P.U.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I agree. I couldn't listen to the show because of that skank. She's vile.
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an upside. Now that Danny's gone, she is Skank in the Hot Seat. The show's ratings will have to increase or she'll be getting a taste of her own medicine real soon. Smile
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently this backstabing bitch doesn't know what it feels like to be "let go." I could never stomach this show -- much as I tried several times, as I really wanted to hear Danny -- solely because of her. As PJ said, radio lives and dies by ratings, so I'd be really surprised if this helps the show rather than hurts it. Whatever.

Vile is an understatement, but "skank" says it all. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: