[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

NEW! Partridge Family Reunion on the Today Show
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sara
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone posted on the chicagoreader blog that David remarked about Danny at the Penns Peak concert, since that was in Pennsylvania. They posted this:

...the real shocker -- "Does anyone know where Danny Bonaduce is? Is he any good? I saved his life... and I hope he's not the next suicide...."
PLEASE DANNY what is your reply??? What did people think about that??? OMG!
Posted by Echo Valley on February 21, 2010 at 12:25 PM

At least Danny owns up to how he is and about his arrests, etc. On that podcast link from an earlier post here, I heard they played Danny's single from the 70's and even he said how they didn't use all of his voice and one of his cohosts said she thought it sounded good, and Danny said, "Yeah if you like an 11 year old who sounds like he has throat cancer." And he told how the lyrics were inappropriate for someone his age then to be singing about being your magician and showing his wand, etc.
So he disses himself along with what he says about others.
David tends to make excuses and blames others when something goes wrong for him. And he said he publicly said how he dislikes being remembered for The PF and now he goes on The Today Show to what, say how much he feels blessed by the fans. He is a two-face. At least Danny is steady in what he says. You say is an ass, but at least he acts the same way, not conning people into thinking he is an angel. I think Danny would be good to get David to face up to his faults.
Sara
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I do not think Danny Bonaduce would be hired as a performer today if The Partridge Family hadn't been as successful as it was

And Scott this is EXACTLY what Danny said before in his podcast after the autograph show, and again during one of the pod links on this thread. He says he knows that's the only reason why he has a radio show and any offers. But David seems to think he owes nothing to the Partridge Family, or to those of us who watched it and made him the highest paid entertainer in the world with the biggest fan club. David does belittle Partridge Fans and not kiddingly. Still waiting for that apology - it would be the PERFECT time for David to say on the Today Show that he apologizes for what he said about The PF at the autograph show and about the show's fans. But he won't. He will do his usual "I did this and that - what he says in every interview." And put his hand on his chest a few times to boot.
cat
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
But Cat, you have had a dislike for all things DC since you joined, all the way back to the Jack Cassidy threads. I do not think you'd like him if he traveled to Chile and rescued 100,00 people from burning rubble. Laughing So, it's hard for me to put any weight into what you're saying or the quotes you're providing from years-old-interviews to try and prove a point. I think it may be for others too?

I posted the Jack Cassidy things because Ruby was coming on. I was mostly saying things that I thought were true. David's fans were going to overrate his performance. David's performance was based on some bad imitation of a Jack Cassidy character

I thought I would add my two cents at the time to see what would happen.
Well the show and performance was overrated.

My reason for believing Danny
I think you read the article where Katie's mom Sherry commented.
She said that she told Katie that is she became famous that David would come out of the woodwork and be her best friend. Hence the inspiration for Ruby and the People Magazine article.

Sounds similar to Danny's story.

Something has kept David from maturing. I just think people have to be more critical of him. Maybe you think I am being to hard on him.
Then again there are some people who think he could do no wrong.
Sara
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I do not think you'd like him if he traveled to Chile and rescued 100,00 people from burning rubble.

Now if this happened, I would be right at the airport gates welcoming him back cheering him for being such a good guy to go there and being a big hero!!........and then I'd see if he'd sign my copy of a PF script. Wink
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it was mentioned about me and the podcast links, Here is the latest one from Friday.

http://94wysp.radio.com/2010/02/26/the-danny-bonaduce-show-podcast-02-26-10/

The 7am section - slide the marker to the 6:00 spot: Danny says he is t going to go on The Today Show and be professional, they are doing a job and he is not going to ruin anything. So if anyone is tuning in to see him act up or take shots at the others, he's not doing that.

I also just want to state some thing about Danny and Howard Stern:
In 1988 Howard became number 1 in NY and Philly and he did an event in Times Square with a stage to thank his listeners. I went on my lunch hour to take photos and guess who was on the stage with Howard and his staff - Danny. He hung around Howard's studio a lot - and in 1989 he was on Howard's radio show and he asked Howard to write to the Philly station Gen Mgr. and put in a good word for Danny to get a job there. And Howard did, so in fact Howard Stern is the one who got Danny his first radio job, not DC. Danny left Howard's name out & changed the circumstances in his book to be a Chicago Dj who helped him get into radio, but I wrote to Danny to remind him and say he knows it was Howard and even though at the time he was on the outs with Howard, that is still true. I taped that show that morning when Danny was in Howard's studio. According to what David has said in interviews, he hadn't been in contact with Danny until only after Danny got arrested for the transvestite encounter in 1991, to ask Danny to go on tour with him.
DaidyCat
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: PF Reunion Reply with quote

Well, you ALSO have to take what DC says with MORE than a grain of salt too. All you have to do is watch that horrid autobiography he did for TV with the time line and dates all completely wrong. "The Grove" was after 1991.

Both David & Danny have more than there share of "issues." Even though they may not be "famous" - Brian & Suzanne are probably more successful at being decent human beings. Being rich & famous isn't everything. I think there's a million examples of "stars" being totally messed up. Danny needs to re-assess his version of "success."
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think you get a buy for being an ass just because you admit to it. I think it's total hypocrisy to make excuses for Danny and to continue to trash DC. You think what Danny said about Suzanne and Brian is OK? Oh, that's just Danny being Danny, he's so funny. I don't get it. I do not excuse DC's issues, and it seems to me some here are making way more excuses for Danny. And cat, if you follow this up with some quote from 1987 I'll scream. You'll hear me.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with DaidyCat and Amy From Boston's posts. It's too bad that this thread has degenerated into another Camp Danny / Camp David dispute, but regardless of all the things I've read so far, nothing excuses the unwarranted attacks on Brian and Suzanne. Neither of them have ever been anything but gracious and appreciative and they don't deserve the trashing they've been getting on Danny's show. Just because he's that hard on himself doesn't mean he has carte blanche to invent reasons to disrespect two people who don't deserve it.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny was completely and absolutely out of line for what he said about Suzanne and Brian. I gasped when he said the first thing when he thought Suzanne wasn't going to be there. Both of them did not deserve to be talked about like that at all. As TVGord said nothing excuses that and I do not think anyone here has or would say that it was ok, or it was just him being funny. Even though I like & listen to his radio show, I hate when Danny does crap like that.
If Danny and David want to have at it, well they are more equally paired to do so and have done so about each other before. But the rest of the cast has never gotten into that stuff ever, so they should be left alone. Mad
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVGord wrote:
I have to agree with DaidyCat and Amy From Boston's posts. It's too bad that this thread has degenerated into another Camp Danny / Camp David dispute,

My thoughts exactly. I agree 10000% with what Amy is saying. I try to be very fair where DC is concerned, calling him out on bad behavior and keeping that out of the mix when other stuff happens that's not warranted, such as Danny's recent attacks on air. What Danny said to all three was out of line.

Also, I am very tired of -- as Gord put it -- the "camps" that have popped up more recently. I think from now on that stuff needs to stop. It creates a hostile environment on this Board and that's not fun. It's driving people away that come here for fun, and find the opposite.

Last edited by Scott on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, perhaps another call in from you to Danny's show to say how Danny was wrong to pick on Suzanne and Brian who have never made remarks about Danny, is in order?

Its wrong that Danny snipes at David and that David snipes at Danny, but they are big 'boys' and they have done this on their own for years. They can battle that out among themselves - because neither of them will listen to outsiders. They both dig their heels in. It's a lost cause & wasted breath.
But Brian and Suzanne are innocent bystanders.

Last edited by PazJD on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PazJD wrote:
Scott, perhaps another call in from you to Danny's show to say how Danny was wrong to pick on Suzanne and Brian who have never made remarks about Danny, is in order?

Yeah. Not happening. Laughing
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:

Yeah. Not happening. Laughing

Aww, thought it could be a new interesting version of "Breaking" Bonaduce. Laughing Laughing
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny would latch onto a call like that and be relentless. It's attention he'd relish. I'll let the cast fight their own battles. I'm sure the green room stories will be quite interesting. And no, I probably won't share them. I don't think it would help the climate of this Board any. Laughing
eyesoflove
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, hello everyone. Hoo! Looks like I missed a little drama. I read as much as I could. I'm looking forward to tomorrow - I have to leave my house at 8:30 so hopefully I can catch some of this.

Well, I just wanted to say hey and Scott, behave yourself!!! (ha, ha - you are so funny).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: