[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

NEW! Partridge Family Reunion on the Today Show
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cat wrote:

When most people think of the Partridge Family they think of Shirley, David and Keith.

Is there a typo in here somewhere?

cat wrote:

Danny has a number of people to support. He has two children, a fiancee an ex-wife and her fiancee. Yes, he has to show up at job everyday, does radio promotions and tv appearances.

Danny is supporting his ex-wife's fianc
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cat, I think you find every reason to put DC down. Others here are upset over things that they observe, but they don't search out any hearsay or out of context quote they they can find. You have a thing about disliking DC and it goes beyond his recent behavior. It's obvious. I also think the fact that you excuse Danny everything is hypocritical. In fact, I wish those to forgive Danny everything would understand why DC fans are able to remain fans in spite of recent events.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeeDee, I think when most people think of the Partridge Family, they think of David and Keith and Sheriff Swell. ;-)

Yes, Danny says he is supporting Gretchen and her fianc
cat
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy from Boston wrote:
Cat, I think you find every reason to put DC down. Others here are upset over things that they observe, but they don't search out any hearsay or out of context quote they they can find. You have a thing about disliking DC and it goes beyond his recent behavior. It's obvious. I also think the fact that you excuse Danny everything is hypocritical. In fact, I wish those to forgive Danny everything would understand why DC fans are able to remain fans in spite of recent events.

People are paying good hard earned money to go to those shows. They are writing comments about this. I will provide a link and put a qoute up if you want to see the full context.
There is no excuse for him going on stage and forgetting the words to songs.
As for Danny, the guy has not gotten in trouble for years. Yes he has his demons, but he acknowledges them.

By the way, do you know that Danny has to pay $16,000.00 a month in child support and alimony.
Danny does joke about having to support also his wife's boyfriend to for that money.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/05/danny-bonaduces-divorce-f_n_141684.html

Sorry about the typo, I wrote that late last night. You know I meant Danny, David and Shirley.

Danny said on his show that he made David a lot sweeter than what he is in his book.
You are right DaidyCat, Danny was grateful for a long time. Danny was appearing in David's documentaries and so forth.

Danny mentions though how David was dissing him and then Danny tried to have David on his TV/radio show and such and David didn't want to help him

IF we want to discuss this part where David gave Danny a job. Danny, at the time Danny was getting a lot of press from the National Enquirer and things when David hired him.
Again, it was a form for free publicity for David.
They would go into these town and most of the press wanted to talk to Danny.

I remember an old Glenn Beck interview with Danny where he talks about this.

Quote:
This is from when Danny did Breaking Bonaduce.
This is from a Glenn Beck interview.

BONADUCE:. I was doing a television show.
And they said, "We have a surprise for you. Shirley Jones is on the phone."

And she starts yelling at me about doing "Breaking Bonaduce".

And I said, "Listen, lady. You didn`t call me before you married Marty Engles.

You know, we don`t need permission from one another to do something stupid. We make mistakes.

BECK: Have you -- have you --do you really believe you`ve made any mistakes?

BONADUCE: Oh, yes, yes. I do.

BECK: I`ve got to tell you, we tried to get David Cassidy on today`s show. He wouldn`t come on.
You know why?

BONADUCE: Because he`s deathly dull?

BECK: he says he has reached out to you and tried to reach out and talk to you and help you.

BONADUCE: That`s an interesting perspective, because usually it sounds like, "Hey, I`m playing a date and if you`d open for me, I`d sell a lot more tickets." That`s kind of where those conversations sound to me, David.

BECK: Really? OK. All right. I mean, I`ve met David before...

BONADUCE: If he says that, I`m not the one with the booze in my dressing room when we work together.

By the way, if you want to contact Danny about your feedback, his e-mail is on the station site.
DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVGord wrote:
DeeDee, I think when most people think of the Partridge Family, they think of David and Keith and Sheriff Swell. ;-)

Yes, Danny says he is supporting Gretchen and her fianc
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Cat, you have had a dislike for all things DC since you joined, all the way back to the Jack Cassidy threads. I do not think you'd like him if he traveled to Chile and rescued 100,00 people from burning rubble. Laughing So, it's hard for me to put any weight into what you're saying or the quotes you're providing from years-old-interviews to try and prove a point. I think it may be for others too?

Danny is notorious for making up stories or exaggerating the truth to make a cheap joke. He always has, as far back as his "The Partridge Family" doesn't live here anymore" story. At times it was even amusing. So, reading a transcript from an old Glen Beck interview isn't going to convince me. I don't believe for one minute that the reason DC asked Danny to open for him in 1991 was only because of ticket sales. I really think DC tried to help Danny. For Danny to say otherwise is a slap in the face to someone who genuinely tried to help him out. If Danny is going to go on the warpath and constantly put his cast members down -- for absolutely no reason other than to make a cheap joke at their expense -- then at some point they are going to have enough. It will be interesting to hear what goes down behind the scenes at the Today Show, because I am fairly certain the others know what Danny has been saying about them these past few weeks.
BonnieNY
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singmedavid wrote:
TVGord wrote:
I'm listening to Danny's segment on this today. Another fat joke for Suzanne (whom they call Susan). :roll:

No, wait. Two, count 'em, TWO, fat jokes. Why, Danny? Why!? And he's questioning why either Brian or Suzanne are a part of the reunion. He's either really into his radio persona or he has really lost perspective.

I think some of his shock jocking resembles Howard Stern. I really hope he doesn't go in that direction.

Way back when, Danny did admit that he pretty much usurped Howard Stern's "shock jock" persona. So, I'd take everything that he says with more than a grain of salt. I'd take the whole salt shaker. Wink

That said, I don't like that he takes pot shots at Suzanne and Brian. They've never done anything wrong, as far as I know (so leave them alone).
singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BonnieNY wrote:
Way back when, Danny did admit that he pretty much usurped Howard Stern's "shock jock" persona. So, I'd take everything that he says with more than a grain of salt. I'd take the whole salt shaker. Wink

That said, I don't like that he takes pot shots at Suzanne and Brian. They've never done anything wrong, as far as I know (so leave them alone).

I agree Bonnie! Thanks for providing that information. That explains a lot. Smile
singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy64 wrote:
Hi everyone! I haven't posted in awhile but I've been checking in from time to time. I emailed the Today Show and posed this question to David: Who do YOU credit with the success of The Partridge Family?

Knowing David is usually credited with the show's success I thought it would be interesting to see him try to answer that question, if they ask him.

I'm trying to submit a question, but every time I do, I get the error 404 page. Then, I tried to email tech support, and got the error 404 page again! Laughing Does anyone know of any tricks I should try? I have active and java scripting enabled, and I turned off popup blocking. Any other ideas?
singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Error 404 Page on PF question msnbc website Reply with quote

TVGord wrote:
...I tried to ask a question, but it kept going to a page that said, "error 404", so I doubt it got through.

Did you ever have any success submitting your questions, TvGord?
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link again. It worked a few minutes ago:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/35583475/ns/today-today_participate/
KathySTL

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like everything, the truth of Danny and David's realtonships to each other are probably somewhere in the middle of the stories they tell. It's best not to take either of them too seriously.
They know its entertaining when they swipe at each other.

I listen to Danny's podcasts every day because I can and it keeps me amused t work. ( there are days whe other wise I would go crazy without the distraction)

I do agree that Danny should ease off on Suzanne and Briatn though because they were very young at the time and I don't think either of them stayed in the busineess. Other than that. no biggie.
Sara
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone posted on the chicagoreader blog that David remarked about Danny at the Penns Peak concert, since that was in Pennsylvania. They posted this:

...the real shocker -- "Does anyone know where Danny Bonaduce is? Is he any good? I saved his life... and I hope he's not the next suicide.... PLEASE DANNY what is your reply??? What did people think about that??? OMG!
Posted by Echo Valley on February 21, 2010 at 12:25 PM
Britfan
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having read all the comments (I couldn't help myself) on the ChicagoreaderBlog, I'm not sure I would believe one anonymously written account. There are some serious kooks writing there, gave me some amusement.

However, for the sake of the fans, I hope they both behave themselves and are in good spirits on Tuesday, in other words show a bit of respect for those who watched the show and helped both your careers.

I hope you will all be detailing it as I wont be able to pick it up in England. How much time will they devote to it? Hope it's not just a couple of minutes tagged on the end of the news items.
singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
Here's the link again. It worked a few minutes ago:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/35583475/ns/today-today_participate/

Thanks Scott! It worked for me. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: