[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

NEW! Partridge Family Reunion on the Today Show
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe he didn't...I mean he's always talking out of his @$$, maybe it's a multi-purpose posterior! Laughing
singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you two, Scott and TV Gord, could hold your own with Danny. LOL!

I never saw those pictures, but based on what you've said, I don't think I want to.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, singmedavid, but I guess the question is: while Scott and I are holding our own, what would Danny hold onto? Embarassed Laughing Twisted Evil
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he has tweezers, I would imagine himself.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing
We're having a peeing competition, Danny, Scott and me! I love it!
(Scott and I are the ones standing up!!!)
Laughing Laughing Laughing Embarassed Laughing Laughing
Randy64
Official Bus Driver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I haven't posted in awhile but I've been checking in from time to time. I emailed the Today Show and posed this question to David: Who do YOU credit with the success of The Partridge Family?

Knowing David is usually credited with the show's success I thought it would be interesting to see him try to answer that question, if they ask him.
singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boys get raunchy!!!!!!! Laughing
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny is an ass. And where is his big make up autgraph session to make up for the DC fiasco? He doesn't care about PF fans anymore than DC does. It's a a dog and pony show. And Cat, how do you know that Danny doesn;t want to be around David? Maybe David, Suzanne and Brian would rather not be around Danny given what he says about them. And I am sure DC never said anything in a concert about Danny being ungrateful. I'd love to hear that from people who were there and heard it.
cat
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy from Boston wrote:
Danny is an ass. And where is his big make up autgraph session to make up for the DC fiasco? He doesn't care about PF fans anymore than DC does. It's a a dog and pony show. And Cat, how do you know that Danny doesn;t want to be around David? Maybe David, Suzanne and Brian would rather not be around Danny given what he says about them. And I am sure DC never said anything in a concert about Danny being ungrateful. I'd love to hear that from people who were there and heard it.

some of us listen to Danny's radio show. His show logs and podcast are on WYSP.com.
If you want to listen to it, it is there.
Danny said that he was 10 years old on the show. Its kind of like going back to a 6th grade reunion.
The cast were all different ages and did not really hang out together.
I think the point he was making about the role of Tracy and Chris was that they didn't have that many lines in an average show.
When most people think of the Partridge Family they think of Shirley, David and Keith.
Danny does mention how much he loves Shirley and Dave Madden.
By the way, there was someone who was at the show (Penn's Peak)who mentioned that he did trash Danny.
I am not making stuff up.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy, I'd like to know where his appearance is too. But there's only been one show since October, so maybe in April?? Who knows. They tried to make it happen for the January show and couldn't.

I understand Danny has to try and act "cool" on his radio show, and trashing or making fun of the PF is all part of the game. I get that the PF isn't exactly "cool" to today's (ever dwindling) radio listeners. I also understand why he may want to distance himself from the PF on his radio show. But I think he's a thoughtless ass for making fun of people that helped him along the way, as DC did when he hired Danny to be his opening act in the early 90s. Danny has said in the past how much that meant to him and how much it helped him. Now, he's spending an awful lot of time trashing the very person that gave him a helping hand by making fun of "hair plugs," etc. It's unnecessary, as is making weight jokes about Suzanne, or dismissing Brian/Suzanne's contributions to the PF. David may have been a jerk at an autograph show, and his behavior at concerts may be less than stellar lately, but I do not think Danny Bonaduce would be hired as a performer today if The Partridge Family hadn't been as successful as it was. And Cat, even you -- who seems to have always had a very big chip on your shoulder where DC is involved (even before the rest of us got down on him), has to admit that the power of the PF was fueled by DC's popularity. And, I say this as someone who has cut Danny slack every-single-step of the way.

Incidentally, I do not believe for one minute that the only reason Danny is attending this reunion is so he can announce his radio station's call letters on national TV. He's an attention whore and always has been. Wrestling midgets, "Breaking Bonaduce," and boxing Barry Williams' man-boobs proves that. Someone should tell him it's OK to say "no" to a TV offer. Laughing
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that Danny is an attention whore, and he's doing this for more than his radio station. I also believe he knows exactly what he's doing. He's making fun of his co-stars to elevate himself with his listenership, but you notice he isn't belittling us, the fans. If he were truly this uncaring and boorish, he'd be ridiculing us, as well. I mean, it's not as though he'd be biting the hands that feed him, because I don't think any of the money we've spent on our PF hobby/obsession (hobsession?) Laughing has made its way into his pocket. I believe he's leaving us alone because he has some decency in him.

I just wish he knew that the things he's saying about Suzanne and Brian are annoying to us, too, because personally, I feel very protective of them. I can't believe he doesn't understand that it would be less of a PF reunion without them. Would Dick Van Patten ever say it's not important to get a couple of the middle kids from Eight Is Enough? Of course not.

Sure, he does say that he loves Shirley and Dave, but there's no way that's the headline of this story as long as he keeps saying these insulting things about former castmates who don't deserve it.
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy64 wrote:
Hi everyone! I haven't posted in awhile but I've been checking in from time to time. I emailed the Today Show and posed this question to David: Who do YOU credit with the success of The Partridge Family?

Knowing David is usually credited with the show's success I thought it would be interesting to see him try to answer that question, if they ask him.
I asked how hard was it to re-adjust to life off the PF set once the show was canceled.
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Randy64
Official Bus Driver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question, Cheryl! Smile Anybody else ask a question?
cat
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:

Incidentally, I do not believe for one minute that the only reason Danny is attending this reunion is so he can announce his radio station's call letters on national TV. He's an attention whore and always has been. Wrestling midgets, "Breaking Bonaduce," and boxing Barry Williams' man-boobs proves that. Someone should tell him it's OK to say "no" to a TV offer. Laughing
o

Danny's bosses want him to attend these TV appearances because they don't have the money for advertising and he is willing to do TV appearances for the station.
Danny has a number of people to support. He has two children, a fiancee an ex-wife and her fiancee. Yes, he has to show up at job everyday, does radio promotions and tv appearances.
Go to the 'According to Danny' thread and you could see how much the local media loves Danny.
YEs he does do some things for the money.
A number of people, besides David, are instrumental in helping Danny.
Danny has always been there for any reunion whether he was doing well or not.
David is the one who goes in cycles.
According the number of lines in the PF. Danny would often have the most per episode.
Just from being in the presence of Danny's company, I have to tell that this guy makes me laugh.

I just can't relate to David as I know him now.
Are people really asking David his opinion on current events?
DaidyCat
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: PF Reunion Reply with quote

Danny used to always be very grateful to David. Esp. in the TV autobiographies, his own autobiography some yrs ago, etc.

I think thing may have changed after "The Grove" where David yelled at the fans and David's behavior became more bizarre. Not that Danny's behavior is stellar by any remote stretch of the imagination. But I'm guessing there must have been somethings that went down between the two of them that wasn't pleasant. You have to remember that David's also often taken jabs at Danny in interviews too. So it's not all just "one way."

Danny going after the younger actors is really tacky. But it is a talk show and it's suppose to be edgy & funny and so it's par for the course. I've always taken anything and everything Danny's said with more than a grain of salt.

I'm still going to watch the show though. Got my TIVO all set up to record it.

Oh, so they canceled the Brady Bunch reunion, huh? Maybe they can get Davy Jones on as a replacement. Be nice if they could get one other "Monkees" but it seems none of them get along either. Shame how so many cast members of these fun shows wind up all hateful & bickering. Seems they could all just sit back & relax and watch a few of their own episodes thought the eyes of children and chill out and laugh for a bit.

Well, thanks for all the info. I'm glad to see you decided to keep this site going Scott. U do a GREAT job! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: