[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

NEW! Partridge Family Reunion on the Today Show
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shirley will be in the Central Time Zone (Mississippi/Alabama) on March 1st and 2nd. Hopefully she can be on for one segment, but I can imagine her show is pretty tiring.

Thanks for all the info, Scott. I'm looking forward to the Eight Is Enough reunion, too. Smile
cat
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Danny Reply with quote

TVGord wrote:

He also keeps saying the only reason he's going to the reunion is so he can get his radio station's call letters on the show. I don't know how useful that's going to be for him or his station, in the long run. I don't think his ratings are going to go up just from an appearance on The Today Show. He should just go ahead and admit that being asked to be on the show is a nice ego stroke from someone who is always clamoring for any kind of attention he can muster.

Danny says that his station doesn't have a lot of money for advertising so they like it when Danny does on these commentary show because it is like free advertising.
Danny mouth runs 24 hours and yes he is politcally incorrect at times.
I am a listener.
He says he looks forward to the show and Danny and Shirley do love each other. I just think the reason why this might be a less than ideal situation for him it that Danny doesn't want to spend time with David.
Over the summer when David was promoting Ruby, Danny wouldn't even let him on his show. Danny has interviewed Shirley on his show though.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVGORD I am looking forward to the 8 Is Enough one a LOT too!! DOn't see that cast too often.

227 - well we know the daughter is now on Southland!
And Jackee I saw couple years ago on "Raven" (my guilty pleasure then).

Hey "David" got it wrong too about Suzanne - this is his myspace blog a fan sent to me, since I am not on MS.

See you on the Today show!
I just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be on the Today show on March 2nd. They want to highlight The Partridge Family as one of the greatest television families of all time. So it's basically a reuniting of some of the cast from The Partridge Family. Shirley, Danny and Brian are expected to be with me for this show.

The segment airs between 7 to 9 am so I hope my fans are able to catch the episode.

Thank you again for all your support.

Peace & Love
David

TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

227 I'd kind of like to see, too, but I won't mind if I miss it. I was a bit of a fan of the show, just because it was sort of a descendent of the Norman Lear genre of shows, which I loved.

Jack
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's where part of the date confusion comes in. The Today website says the cast will appear Tuesday, March 3. But Tuesday is March 2, not March 3. I know from speaking with Brian and Suzanne that they are appearing on Tuesday and as far as I know there's no one-day-delay. Regardless, I am setting the tivo for both days, even though the Today show producer confirmed the schedule of events for me. Very Happy
Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVGord wrote:
I feel brotherly towards him...and you should hear some of the things I say about my REAL brothers! Laughing He'll be forgiven for these things, because well--that's Danny. He probably thinks of what he does on his show as "a role", that of the brash, opinionated host. I just hope Brian and Suzanne realize that, too.

I feel generally the same way, which is why I said what said. Smile Danny has a way of saying things or doing (some VERY VERY bad) things, and yet coming out fairly okay because he acknowledges that it's bad behavior.

I'm looking forward to this! I have fond memories of the last time, and actually being in NYC the weekend prior to their appearance.
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the e-mail update Scott.

Ken
cat
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just listened to Danny's show and looked at this website. They read to him the Press release and he now knows that Suzanne Crough will be there.

They are calling from March 2.

I will leave most the discussion of what Danny said upto PAZJD because I know she listens also.

But they were talking about David's behaviour about the autograph show and recent concerts .
Danny said that this is not news to him. He remembers touring with David and seeing him yell at people.
Supposedly David tells people now in concerts how Danny is not grateful to him for having saved his life.

Should be interesting on Tuesday.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/cast-reunion-eight-is-enough-the-partridge-family-the-brady-bunch/

This is a story about the reunions next week, and there's a poll where you can vote on which show you're looking for to the most (it only includes Eight Is Enough, The Partridge Family and The Brady Bunch). Right now, The Partridge Family is in second place, behind Eight Is Enough.

I'm listening to Danny's segment on this today. Another fat joke for Suzanne (whom they call Susan). :roll:

No, wait. Two, count 'em, TWO, fat jokes. Why, Danny? Why!? And he's questioning why either Brian or Suzanne are a part of the reunion. He's either really into his radio persona or he has really lost perspective.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see what happens when Brian and Suzanne confront him. I hope they do it on the air. He's a jackass.

According to Susan Olson, the Brady's appearance on Wednesday has been canceled. "I would imagine it is due to some women being difficult."
singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVGord wrote:
I'm listening to Danny's segment on this today. Another fat joke for Suzanne (whom they call Susan). :roll:

No, wait. Two, count 'em, TWO, fat jokes. Why, Danny? Why!? And he's questioning why either Brian or Suzanne are a part of the reunion. He's either really into his radio persona or he has really lost perspective.

I think some of his shock jocking resembles Howard Stern. I really hope he doesn't go in that direction.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found the NBC news release (which they talked about on Danny's show today), and there was a place to click if you want to ask a question (I had to chuckle, the link says, "The Patridge Family". I hope people don't expect Audrina to show up! Laughing

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/35582259/ns/today-today_entertainment/

Anyway, I tried to ask a question, but it kept going to a page that said, "error 404", so I doubt it got through. I asked, "Where would each of the CHARACTERS on The Partridge Family be today? What professions would they have gone on to have after the music stopped?" It's the only question I could think of that they might actually ask on the show. I honestly don't really have any questions for anyone. I feel as though they've answered them all.

Interesting that The Brady Bunch appearance is cancelled (they aren't mentioned in the link above). That will spark some rumors, don't you think? I wonder which show they'll find as a hasty replacement!
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Danny should look at himself in the mirror and see the steroid-ravaged, fire-crotched little prick that he really is. And, we've all seen his naked photos that surfaced not too long ago. It was either VERY cold that day, or he really is a little prick in all meanings of the term.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, Scott, you must know that picture was taken when he was auditioning for the new live-action Barbie movie! He was method-acting for the role of a Ken doll! Razz
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing It's a wonder he got two kids out of that thang. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: