[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

NEW! Partridge Family Reunion on the Today Show
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cat
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Danny Reply with quote

Danny is Talking about the Partridge Family Reunion on his radio show.
I got this quote from his WYSP website.

Quote:
7:15
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just came here to post about Danny telling info about the Today Show - I listen to each day's podcast around this time to see if anything interesting -
and see that someone already posted what he said. But in the actual radio podcast he tells much more.
Danny said this morning that The PF cast will be at the Today show from 6-9am in the studio, and the Today Show will be doing parts of the reunion throughout the show. So everyone should tune it from 7am onwards.

You can hear him talking about it here: Click the "play" arrow for the 7AM hour and you will hear. It starts with the Office Olympics but then goes into him talking about the PF reunion.

http://94wysp.radio.com/2010/02/24/the-danny-bonaduce-show-podcast-02-24-10/#more-5943
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, PazJD! By the way, you can fast-forward through the Office Olympics. If you run your cursor over the area at the end that looks like this: <> , it brings a vertical bar up on the banner. You can then go over to the vertical bar and then pull it over to near where the "7AM" is on the banner. Move it around until you hear him start talking about the Today Show.

I appreciate hearing this! Thanks, again!
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, a friend of mine was on the WPIX-TV morning show in New York after the Super Bowl to talk about the commercials and he also had to be there from 6am to 9am and he was on once each hour for about three minutes. It was a long, boring morning. Also, each appearance (because people don't sit and watch the whole show) was taken up with the Letterman promo that included Oprah and Jay Leno, and then the Betty White/Abe Vigoda Snickers commercial. So after he talked about those ads ALL THREE TIMES, then they had about 90 seconds left to talk about something different.

On top of that, he was one of THREE guests, so he had to try to wedge his thoughts into 90s along with two other guys!

I completely understand why people gripe about doing these shows.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the talk goes on Danny's radio show this morning:
Listen to what he says abut the PF/David. Suzanne will not be there.
Only David, Danny, Shirley by remote, and Brian Forster.

Slide the marker over to the 13:00 mark to hear it at the 7AM hour section:

http://94wysp.radio.com/2010/02/25/the-danny-bonaduce-show-podcast-02-25-10/

Here is excerpt text, but the verbal is more detailed. Will be an interesting show on Tuesday I think.

7:17
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's trying to be "too cool for school" about the reunion. He never used to put down Brian the way he is, and who does it entertain to make a fat joke about Suzanne? He's trying be aloof and above-it-all. It's so transparent, it doesn't even annoy me. He's like a nerd who got to move to the cool kids' table in the cafeteria and now he's bad-mouthing all of the kids who used to be better friends to him. (High school's over, Danny. A little more maturity is, um, long overdue, wouldn't you say?)
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny's information is wrong. Suzanne will be there. And yes, he's a classless bore to speak of Suzanne that way. He should save his shtick for someone that deserves it, like one of Tiger Wood's whores, or Sarah Palin. But what do you expect from a crackhead? :roll:

I'm not even going to listen to the radio link provided above, so I have no idea what he says about Brian. But the idiotic stories he's told in the past about helping Brian lose his virginity the night the cast appeared on his failed talk show for Disney is 100% bullshit.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you're not thinking all sorts of things, Scott, what he says about Brian is that he doesn't see the point in him being there. He essentially says Shirley, David and Danny is a PF reunion, but nobody's going to remember who Brian is anyway. Yesterday, he said something like: ...and it's the SECOND Chris...that's how important he was, they had two Chrises. Just jerklike behavior.

It sounds as though his frame of mind these days is that any kind of controversy or made-up brouhaha is good, regardless of whether it's true.

He also keeps saying the only reason he's going to the reunion is so he can get his radio station's call letters on the show. I don't know how useful that's going to be for him or his station, in the long run. I don't think his ratings are going to go up just from an appearance on The Today Show. He should just go ahead and admit that being asked to be on the show is a nice ego stroke from someone who is always clamoring for any kind of attention he can muster.

I forgot to say thanks to PazJD again. By the way, Paz, what do you think?
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning I was watching the Today show and they were doing a promo for next week's TV family reunion shows. The voice over was saying something about how they were going to have cast reunions as they were showing a clip of Farrah Fawcett's PF appearance. At first I didn't realize it was from her PF appearance (at first you didn't see anyone else except her and then you see Dave Madden) and I was thinking "I don't think having a cast reunion with Farrah is going to happen". Then after it dawned on me that it was from the PF, I thought why would you promote a PF cast reunion and primarily show Farrah Fawcett. Question
Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny's an ass.
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott...do you know when we can send in e-mails and the address. Do we send them the morning of the show or a day or so before.

Ken
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennifer, you're my idol! It takes me three paragraphs to say what you sum up perfectly in three words!

---

Laughing Laughing Laughing Liar Laughing Laughing
[The Partridge Emoticons]
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVGord wrote:
By the way, Paz, what do you think?

Just what I said, that I think it's going to be an interesting show on Tuesday.

But I'm outnumbered here, because I listen to Danny's show.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny is still my favorite Partridge, though, Paz. I feel brotherly towards him...and you should hear some of the things I say about my REAL brothers! Laughing He'll be forgiven for these things, because well--that's Danny. He probably thinks of what he does on his show as "a role", that of the brash, opinionated host. I just hope Brian and Suzanne realize that, too.

It's the same way that I feel about Susan. She doesn't want to be associated with this part of her life, which is disappointing, but I'll never fault her for it. That's who she is.

I hope at some point, people like Brian and Suzanne are allowed to line up and give Danny the hardest punch in the arm they can. He'll take it, and we can all get back to normal. (Normal = being mad at David for--well, you know...) Wink
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a little bit of further info:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: