[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

NEW! Partridge Family Reunion on the Today Show
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RachelE wrote:
Now, let me get this straight, on the one hand David no longer wants to be seen or remembered for "The Partridge Family" & on the other, he's agreed to participate in a 40th anniversary cast reunion? Seems a bit hypocritical - he loathes it & yet he loves it?

Like I heard someone say once...
'The more things change, the more they remain the same' Very Happy

Darryl
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have corrected this post to show the actual date for this segment. It will be March 2, NOT March 3 as I initially wrote.

I was told that they would be appearing in the 8:30 - 9AM time slot. If you are planning on recording their appearance, I would record the whole 3 hours that The Today Show airs in case the time changes. I believe the Today Show is conducting another "Favorite Shows" week, and the PF is included.

Scheduled to appear in person are David Cassidy, Danny Bonaduce, Brian Forster and Suzanne Crough. Shirley Jones will be piped in either by phone, or hook up from wherever she will be on March 2. (I am not sure if she is working out of town, or just filmed from LA.) Dave Madden will not be appearing, nor will Susan Dey.

That's all the info I have for now. Very Happy
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shirley has a concert in Aurora, Ill. on March 4th, so probably she didn't want to take extra flight that week to and from NY, but just fly to Ill. straight from L.A.
danny-boy
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Britfan wrote:
Actually if they could get David and Susan in the same room I'd be amazed, strike that, I'd be speechless. Laughing

A lot of people would be interested to see that.
little laurie
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to make sure to tape it this time! Thanks soooooo much Scott for letting us know. I kind of had a feeling Susan Dey wasn't going to be there. But I'm glad the other cast members except Shirley Jones and Dave Madden are going to be there so.

Peace,
Little Laurie
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well maybe Dave and Susan may decide to do by remote, or they will pre-tape a message to be played on that day. We shall see.
Was Dave at the last Today Show gathering when they were promoting the VH1 Search for New PF?
cat
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PazJD wrote:
Well maybe Dave and Susan may decide to do by remote, or they will pre-tape a message to be played on that day. We shall see.
Was Dave at the last Today Show gathering when they were promoting the VH1 Search for New PF?

I remember reading Dave's book and he said he was there at the VH1 show.
There is a video on Shirley's website where Dave is not there at some reunion about 5 years ago.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Madden was not at the last Today Show reunion, as he does not like to fly. I believe the last time Dave was at a reunion (not that there have been that many, mind you) was when VH-1 had their finale to "In Search of The Partridge Family."
little laurie
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I remember seen Dave Madden on there. I have the VH1 In Search Of The Partridge Family on tape and I also have The New Partridge Family on there too. I really like Dave Madden a lot. I also have on tape a very old Jenny Jones Show and she was interviewing Brian Forster and Suzanne Crough on there and that was back in the 90s. I still watch it every now and again.

Peace,
Little Laurie
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

The cast will now be appearing in the 8:00 hour, and then again in the 9:00 hour, answering viewers' emails.

Thanks to Brian for the updates! Very Happy
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might they be recording this the night before. Danny is usually live on the radion during the eight o'clock hour.
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott...I thought the Today Show only goes until 9:00 in the East. Are you referring to the 9:00 hour on the West coast. Do you know when we can send e-mails...is it that day or a day or so in advance.

Ken
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went to their website and saw that the show is 7-11. I wasn't aware of that. I don't usually watch morning TV and always thought Judge this and Judge that were on in the morning and the show was 6-9. Sorry about that.

Ken
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the soap, Passions, was cancelled, that hour went to a fourth hour of The Today Show. That fourth hour is the one co-hosted by Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb. You may have seen them parodied on SNL and elsewhere. It's not always on at 10am, so checking your listings to be sure. I'm in Canada, and my local NBC affiliate is out of Detroit, which airs the fourth hour from 2pm to 3pm.

Incidentally, you may find this interesting trivia. The reason Meredith Vieira never appears in the third or fourth hour of Today is because her other show, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, airs in syndication anytime after 9am, and there's a deal in her contract that precludes her two shows from competing against each other.

EDIT: Now I realize I've got my hours confused. The 9am hour is the third hour, not the fourth. For a while there, I thought the cast would appear with Kathie Lee and Hoda. Thankfully, I'm wrong (because they are awful!), so never mind. Wink

Last edited by TVGord on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
little laurie
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting soooooo excited!!!!!! I can't wait to watch it!!!!! I just hope my TV don't get mess up while they are on. I need to buy a new one pretty soon. But not untill Spring.

Peace,
Little Laurie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: