[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Episode # 52: "Princess and the Partridge"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Three
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Episode # 52: "Princess and the Partridge" Reply with quote

Princess and the Partridge
Written by William S. Bickley

Last edited by Scott on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved this episode- Shirley sticking up for Gwen & Keith, David's grin, & Keith seen for the first time in a crooked bow-tie. Also the first time "together We're Better" is heard!
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my all time favorite episodes.

Kinda of a reverse "Princess Diaries".

My husband thought Season Hubely reminded him of a young Julie Andrews from that movie.

Together we're Better is one of my favorite songs and is perfectly placed in this episode.

Keith's kidnapping of Jenny is funny and the Dinner at home is wonderfull played.

Shirley's defense of the young people is perfect and I love how they let Jenny relate to all the family not just Keith.

The opening of the 3rd season really was the Season of Keith as these 3 opening episodes really featured him to great advantage.

It looks like next week we swtich emphasis back to Danny and that's as far as I looked ahead since I didn't look at he next page of episodes on my DVD menu.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's something about this episode that I didn't really like. It's okay, but not one of my favorites. It just doesn't feel like the same reality (or lack thereof Wink) of the show is there. I like Season Hubley, but I didn't buy any of this. She didn't seem like a princess, and the fact that she could slip away from her security detail and there was no fallout from it. I know I'm overthinking it, but there's something--a lot actually--about this episode that doesn't ring true for me. Even within the reality of the PF's magical world.

I'm not explaining this sufficiently, but that sums up my feelings about this episode.
KathySTL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you refer to no Fallout, I guess you mean for the security folks.
The big part of the last part of the episode was the fallout from her and Keith sneaking out to be alone.

I see your point about that if that's what you mean. I chalked it up to the limitations of the half hour format. Lack of time to do more. Maybe this should have been a two part episdoe. or a " supersized". but they didn't do that in the day.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing A very special episode of The Partridge Family! Laughing I can just see it! (Yes, I think that's what I mean, by the way.)
KathySTL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we could do a timewarp "very special episode", we could have the princess hide at the Eastland School for Girls on Facts of Life...and then get a fashion makeover by Blossom! Wink
KathySTL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's do the Timewarp again Very Happy
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my fave episodes of The Partridge Family. Season Hubley also play Willies girlfriend on several episodes of Family, and if I recall did a stint on All my Children. last credit on IMDb shows a film in 1998 called Kiss the sky.

Deano
singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Deleted Scene Picture or "In Between"? Reply with quote

Hi, I found this picture today (lovely Very Happy ) obviously from the drive-in scene, but then I realized that this particular picture is not from an actual scene included in the episode. Does anyone know if this is from a deleted scene, or a from a stolen moment between scenes. It doesn't look like acting, in any case. Very Happy

Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Deleted Scene Picture or "In Between"? Reply with quote

singmedavid wrote:
Hi, I found this picture today (lovely Very Happy ) obviously from the drive-in scene, but then I realized that this particular picture is not from an actual scene included in the episode. Does anyone know if this is from a deleted scene, or a from a stolen moment between scenes. It doesn't look like acting, in any case. Very Happy

Perhaps another still picture from the newspaper used in the episode.
The reporter snapped 2 pictures (1 kissing & one not).
I guess Danny really did see Keith's "good side" Laughing

Darryl
AarHandy3
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Deleted Scene Picture or "In Between"? Reply with quote

singmedavid wrote:

Hey! Holster that tongue, sonny! Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BLUEBIRD
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks exactly like an episode still. Where did you find it? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluebird, I can't remember the site for sure, but I think it was Passion Kiss, or something like that. I got the link through Google Alerts on David Cassidy. I think that site had a lot of other David photos I wanted to look through, but I started getting weird things happening when I clicked on some of the links so I figured I should quit the site. I wouldn't recommend looking for that site unless you have a Mac since they seem to still enjoy virus immunity.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Three All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: