[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Danny Partridge Bass Guitar Method Made Easy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dannyph

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Danny Partridge Bass Guitar Method Made Easy Reply with quote

After painstakingly studying the new DVD,I've come to the conclusion that Danny must have been up to some complicated hijinx in order to keep other Wannabe bassists from stealing all his groovy licks.How else can you explain how he could sound so great while looking like his fingers are nowhere near the notes he must be playing?

It took hours,days even,but I've finally cracked the code.It takes patience and a keen memory,but it's really not as hard as it seems at first.The key is to keep switching the tuning of your bass for each show,even between shots if you can.Then just transpose your part to work with the new alternative tuning.Stringing your bass backwards or inside out keeps the game fresh and the hounds off your scent.If you're really ambitous you can use a hidden octave pedal,that way you can play those low E notes way up on your G string on the upper frets.

The other part is harder though just as fun.While you're playing a Partridge song start movin' and groovin' to a completely different song (try some Motown or even Led Zeppelin).Tricks like these are easy for a genius like Danny,the rest of us will have to practice long and hard.Good Luck!-DP
dreamboatkaren
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my, that was too funny! Laughing
dannyph

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny?Why whatever do you mean?

Hi there,I remember you Karen.I haven't been on this site too much for awhile 'til just recently.I think you may recall my band The Danny Phartridge Expherience from when we used to post on the Music area.We'll be posting in General Chit-chat when our website finally goes up (next week we pray!) and the site itself will be at www.dpxrules.com .

If there are any new PF cover bands you'll find them on Chit-chat.There is a woman in London just aching to get one going there.I wish more people remembered PF and that the ones who did remember also remembered more of the music.It seems like the only songs people (in general) recall is "I Think..." and "C'mon Get..."(as we in DPX refer to them).So be sure to buy TONS of DVDs and even more of the CDs and spread the word far and wide!We won't rest 'til there's a PF band in every major city in the Country!!!Then we'll give those smug little Beatle cover bands something to worry about!!!

well...I can dream anyhow.
dreamboatkaren
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't wait to see the website, make sure you let us know when it is up and running!

Karen
dannyph

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got it!-DP
dreamboatkaren
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! That was too cool. You guys sounded really good, can't wait to see some pics and hear some more. Great job, keep it going! I loved the "voice over" in DSWTBW, very original. It sure brought a smile to my face! Smile

Karen Very Happy
dannyph

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurie is coming over Tuesday July 5th to put up the site,keep your fingers crossed,I sure am.-DP Pray
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: