[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Episode #42 Waiting For Bolero

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Two
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Episode #42 Waiting For Bolero Reply with quote

Waiting For Bolero
Written by Martin Cohan

Last edited by Scott on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny episode.

You would think Keith would have learned by now not to say yes to any of Danny's schemes.

Shame we didn't get to hear "Bolero" but it's cute when he tries so hard and then gets interuppted by Mom.

Took the lesson of this to heart and remembered never to take my Dad's suuggestion of moving to the apartments behind their house when it was time to leave. ( Or course, I was out of college and much older at the time, but Dad was a bit possesive Laughing
BLUEBIRD
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fave line in this show:

Keith (on the phone to Danny): Hurry, I'm hungry and my feet are cold! Laughing
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Living alone and all the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches your brother could smuggle. It seemed like the perfect crime to me at the time!

I can't believe Mr. Jarvis next door didn't have any concerns about have a teen idol living upstairs. Of course, Mr. J kept him too busy mowing grass to smoke it, I guess. (Hey, doesn't Keith say they live on Wasario Road or Rosario Road or something when he's on the phone with Jarvis? I never heard that before!)

A few random observations: Keith sure likes his pickles. A running gag. I never got the big deal about Bolero. I always found it too slow for a true seduction (especially of a cheerleader)! Slow Hand by The Pointer Sisters seemed more effective, if you ask me, but that came out when I actually knew what to do with it! Laughing LOVED the arrow shooting in Keith's window! ("It's for you!"), and then "Vicky, would you mind stepping into the closet!" Very funny!

Incidentally, I wonder where the episode guide comes up with the idea that Keith is envious of Archie's apartment. Was that a scene that was edited out of the original show? It's certainly not on the DVD.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked one of my TV books called The Ultimate TV Trivia Book by (the GREAT!) Vincent Terrace. It says their address was given as 698 Sycamore Road and on the 700 block of Vassario Road). I guess that latter address comes from this episode.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Two All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: