[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Episode #37: Guess Who's Coming To Drive

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Two
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Episode #37: Guess Who's Coming To Drive Reply with quote

Guess Who's Coming To Drive
Written by Bob Rodgers

Last edited by Scott on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There must be a cut in my DVD episode.

After reading the tube trivia it says that Reuben was seducing a girl when Danny calls him. I didn't see that scene. The episdode has the discussion Shirley has with Frank and then we see Danny and Reuben hiding behind the newspapers. It's obvious Danny called him, but we didn't see the call.

Other than that, the theme of the epidsode is great and the idea that the Family has a driver makes sense. It's something that you would expect of a touring band and really should be part of a working band. Shirley is right, it's too much to expect her and Keith to drive and set up and play at every stop. Honestly, they should always have a driver.

I also like the message about not assuming someone is guilty and remembering that when one has paid his debt to society, he can do good.

Lastly, "Rainmaker" is one of my favorite songs and I really think the family looks good in the performance outfits they wear during this appearance.
alain m. bergeron
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: rainmaker Reply with quote

I just had to write.
Hi every one ! Although I enjoy reading all the posts here, I didn
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow -- that was incredible. Thanks for sharing. It's always interesting the hear how programs, or people, or events, help people through trying times. That was very touching. Smile
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salut, Alain!

I'm a regular here and I grew up in Gatineau, so you and I already have TWO things in common! Smile I hope you will write more often. I remember watching The Partridge Family once on a French channel, and I can still hear the announcer saying (over the opening theme) "Les famille Partridge"! For those of you who don't speak French, it's pronounced "Lay famm-EE Par-TRIDGE".)

As Scott wrote, that is a very touching story about your father. It sounds just horrible to see him go through something so painful, but it's good to hear you found some comfort in the escapism of The Partridge Family. (I didn't think much about the beauty of Shirley back then...but I do NOW!) ;-)

I haven't watched this episode yet, but I wanted to welcome you and encourage you to share your thoughts with us often. I wish my French was as good as your English. I know plenty of people who don't write as well as you do...and English is the only language they know! Laughing

Bonne soir
alain m. bergeron
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

merci beaucoup !
thanks, guys !
I'll try to write more ! Very Happy
alain
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm finally getting around to watching some episodes. My favorite part of this episode was the part right before they go onstage, when Tracy reveals Mr. Kincaid is in jail! The series could have used a bit more of that kind of dramatic tension. It was a fun moment, but it was fleeting.

It's too bad that they didn't expand the cast by having a regular driver, maybe a costumer. Some supporting characters might have been fun to have around. Of course, this was a very simple premise, so they didn't even have much room for Chris and Tracy, so I shouldn't be coming up with ideas to shove them aside even more.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Two All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: