[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Episde #34: Tale Of Two Hamsters

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Two
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Episde #34: Tale Of Two Hamsters Reply with quote

Tale Of Two Hamsters
Written by Lloyd Turner & Gordon Mitchell

Last edited by Scott on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember this as the episode where a Tiger Beat winner was selected to appear in the show- she was "wined & dined" & taped a big scene, only to end up getting an autographed album & saying "thank you" at the hamster sale!
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She taped a big scene? Really? Tell more!

Her name was Karen Lee Bowman. I remember the contest. Was it in the PF Tiger Beat Magazine??
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah-Tiger Beat. I love the way they advertised their contests. They gave away a shirt of Shaun's, when in fact, it was only worn in a photo session. The Be on the Hardy Boys contest was won by a girl who ended up as an extra in the episode with Kathy Rigby (she was rescued from a fire- no lines).
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
... Her name was Karen Lee Bowman. I remember the contest. Was it in the PF Tiger Beat Magazine??

I remember that issue! I especially recall those pictures of her in the make-up department where she was made up like an exotic cat, an old woman (I think anyway, though I'm not sure as it's been a while) and, eventually, the pretty, 17-year-old she actually was. Very Happy

{{{Sigh}}} Seeing an article about her visit to the PF set, right here on the BB a few years ago, brought back a lot of memories as well: Mostly of my being SOOOO JEALOUS of her actually KISSING David Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad -- although nowadays I can't remember whether those photos were in "Tiger Beat" or "Fave!" truth be told. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh! Of course -- I could have just clicked on the link in the original post here, and it would have taken me to the episode guide where there's a link to the article. Laughing
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky for the kids that Simone was gone by this episode or they would have had dog and hamster conflicts.

My best friend's kids have a hamster and a dog, and they have to be very careful that the hamster is in his ball and the dog in another part of the house when the cage needs cleaning or the poor hamster is in deep trouble. Smile

Is funny that Chris is signing albums other than Sound Magazine since Brian Forster is only on the third album at this time. Also, it's interesting that the albums being signed are accurate, even though in the first season the "official' first album is not the "The Partridge Family Album" that we all were able to buy. (of Course, the pilot shows the first radio play as "Let the Good Times In" even thouigh the first "real" single was " I Think I Love You" and "...Good Times..." hasn't even been available for purchase until the last 6 years or so)

I'm sure back in the day though it was a good marketing boost because we could all see the albums that we needed on screen. (even though technically they were recording Sound Magazine during this episdode since "Twenty Four Hours a Day" was the songe they were doing in the studio sequence)

And I am being to nitpicky, time to watch " the Big Bang Theory" now if I'm going to be such a geek Laughing
BLUEBIRD
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure wish we could find karen lee bowman!

Lu

Last edited by BLUEBIRD on Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember a story ran in our local newspaper about how this episode would show the actual birth of hamsters live on screen. I believe it was even mentioned in Time Magazine, although I'm not sure. I do remember it was written about in a couple of places.

Okay, wait a minute, hold the phone! They kept the hamsters in a paper bag in the closet? I'm guessing the SPCA wasn't on the set. Laughing I love that Danny named one Dean Martin because of his red (pink) eyes!

I never noticed before, but those are quite the faux mutton chops on Chris! He's like a young Bo Duke. I think he was destined to become a race car driver! Cool

Doesn't it seem in the scene between Shirley and Danny where she lays down the law and says the hamsters have to go, that they are talking about killing the furry li'l rodents? It seems that way to me.

Okay, here's the inevitable question on everyone's mind: how did Danny increase his investment when he had to buy all of those cages? Oops, too much logic. As my soap opera friends say, time to get back to the ironing board.

Rolling Eyes
ComposerJeff
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: pink eyes Reply with quote

In the '70s, I wasn't a hamster kid, I was a gerbil kid. Still, I remember even in the first run of this episode, it made me crazy that it's a show about hamsters but the closeup of the one with the pink eyes is an albino mouse. Great for the joke, not so great for the continuity...
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, gerbils were big when I was growing up, not hamsters. I could never stand to have an animal of any kind. The idea nauseated me. I could barely stand having siblings! Laughing
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Still have The Partridge Family magazine that this story was featured in. Have not watched this episode yet, but as I recall, aren't there like three songs featured in this episode.

ok! just cheated and looked it up.... two songs played in this epiosde. 1) Twenty four hours a day and 2) I woke up in love this morning.....my bad?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Two All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: