[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Episode #31: Whatever Happened To Moby Dick?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Two
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Episode #31: Whatever Happened To Moby Dick? Reply with quote

Whatever Happened To Moby Dick?
Written by Peggy Chandler Dick

Last edited by Scott on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I have pointed out to my hubby is that the Partridges beat the Star trek franchise on tackling the topic of whales 10 years before them.

Bert Convy did do a lot of episodes didn't he.
I like the consistency of having the same recording engineer in the studio that we have seen before adds to the reality.

Shirley singing lead does make this episode stand out and of course, makes the song so beautiful. Shame it never made it to the commercial releases.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny: Mom, are you going to let him (Keith) talk to me like that?
Shirley: Yes.

Laughing LOVE IT!Laughing

Kathy, I agree about the consistency of the same engineer, but I have to give honorable mention to Jared Martin, who played the engineer in See Here, Private Partridge. Martin went on to play Dusty Farlow on Dallas. It was such a bit part on The Partridge Family, compared to the pivotal role he played in the lives of the Ewings.

I love this episode dearly! I was a little environmentalist back then. This episode came not long after the first Earth Day (wasn't it April 20, 1970, the first Earth Day?). I mailed away for everything I could get about the environment (mostly because I loved getting mail, but I read all of the literature I got). I used to yell at kids who would litter. I was the schoolyard litternazi! But, I digress... Rolling Eyes (again)

I remember also thinking it was cool that The Partridge Family were such good friends with Howard Cosell! Who knew? They were such an unassuming family in San Pueblo most of the time, but in this episode, it was like, "Hey, Howie! How's it hangin'?" Laughing

I know it's too much to hope, but someday it would be nice to see a box set of PF music, including a disc of previously unreleased material, and I dearly hope Whale Song would be on it. It's great to see the kids going down that huge slide again! I remember being so excited to see Danny get airborne (always the daredevil). The scenery in the Whale Song "video" is so beautiful.
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad Shirley didn't include Whale Song on her recent CD of new & old material.
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Skizzy
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember watching this episode and taping it using my cassette recorder. I loved "Whale Song". I was hoping that it would be released as a single or on the next PF album.

The episode is one of my favorites, loved the montage of the kids going down the slide and sitting by the ocean.[/i]
KathySTL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right Earth Day was started in 1970, so this was a timely episode from that perspective too.
and all the montages accompanying whale song were definitely beautiful and percursors of the modern music video to me.
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liked it when the Partridges (except Shirley) go on the sky slide!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Two All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: