[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

BEWARE OF BOOTLEGGER NAMED MICHAEL LONG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: BEWARE OF BOOTLEGGER NAMED MICHAEL LONG Reply with quote

Just thought everyone should know there is a really nasty bootlegging/theft scheme for David Cassidy material going on right now. Get a load of this jerk:

A friend of mine was reading/posting on an E! Online message board regarding "Ruby & the Rockits." Somehow he was contacted by a guy named Michael Long in Miami Beach, Florida, who claimed to have rare, unreleased Cassidy songs from the Bell years via Wes Farrell's master tapes. He wanted $50.00 for a version of "Walk Away Renee" that was supposedly recorded for the "Dreams Are Nuthin More Than Wishes" LP, but discarded. (I wish he had asked me first because: (A) Wes Farrell did not produce "Dreams" and (B) "Walk Away Renee" was recorded for the "Touch Of Blue" CD a few years ago.) Unfortunately, my friend sent the $50.00 money order and was duped. He was sent a CD in the mail with the "Touch Of Blue" version. When he emailed Michael Long, asking if the song was a fake, the response was, "Yes it is. Buyer Beware. Ha Ha."

So, if anyone else gets an email or message from the email address: weblizard@hotmail.com, asking for you to send a money order for cash to:

Michael Long
P.O. Box 402412
Miami Beach, FL 33139

for unreleased Partridge/Cassidy material, please forward me the emails and headers. I will forward them to David, JoAnn Geffen, and anyone else that may be able to put a stop to innocent music lovers from being duped.

I'm sure there's a way to find out who/where this person is by contacting the Maimi Beach post office, as there are federal fraud charges in place for using the US postal system, etc. but it's best to keep in mind that if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. :D

The $50.00 isn't what's the most bothersome about this -- it's the fact that there are people in this world that are so cold, cruel, calculating, dishonest, psychotic, etc. to do this to another person. What a jerk.

Also related, is the eBay user "scratchofgrace" (Mark Ambuter) who has been bootlegging Partridge/Cassidy material for some time. But I am pretty sure JoAnn Geffen is already onto this guy.
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh! What a bunch of %&*^$#s!!! I hope they get caught and pay a stiff penalty for being such wankers.....that just really ticks me off

Partridgepal Evil or Very Mad
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAVE posted to all th DC chat lists
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BLUEBIRD
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow....I can spot bootlegs a mile away, especially PF related......did anyone managed to have his auctions removed?
chris6945629
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen the usser name "Scratchofgreace" on EBay. I can honestly say that he is a bootleger. He has posted: "Partridge Family: At Home With Their Greatest Hits" on cd, "The World of The Partridge Family" with special "Missing Pieces" cd (World Of... has different tracks than what was released on LP and the Missing Pieces has different songs including a remix of David's Can't Get Close To You", Cassidy Live, EFX, David Reads Billy and Blaze and Partridge Family Bulletin Board. Bulletin has japanese writing inside.
I have reported him numerous times to Ebay, and nothing is ever done. He continues to sell these fake cds. I haven't fallen for his tricks. Anthing we can do?
Brown Eyes
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted about this in the music section. I bought that ScratchofGrace Missing Pieces cd and I was thrilled with it. I finally have many Partrtridge songs never released on LP/cd before. I'm confused as to why people are against it. If the powers that be can't come to any agreement or fiscal arrangement for the release of this music to the fans, why should we deprive ourselves of it if there's another way to get it? I don't view it as shame on me for supporting a bootlegger. After 44 years without this music released, I view it as shame on them for holding it back from us!
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:53 pm    Post subject: This Really Sucks Reply with quote

Wow. That's incredible that when some people see an untapped market, all decent behaviour goes out the window.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: