[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

New Season of Big Brother.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Movie & TV Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: New Season of Big Brother. Reply with quote

Ok! I know this show is bad television and has no redeeming value to it, but I'm hooked on this show. I have not watched tonight's season premiere, but was wondering if there were any other Big Brother fans out there to chit chat with about Big Brother 11.

Dean-o
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Dean-o: :D

As much as I LOATHE to admit it, this show is one of my guilty pleasures! Embarassed I saw the season premiere last night, and all I can say thus far is WOW!!! Talk about a new twist!

Not to RUIN anything for ya, but let's just say this season harkens back to the days of high school which I, personally, would NOT repeat(even if it were possible Shocked ), for ANY amount of money, but which some (perhaps even yourself) have found to be among the BEST years of their lives. Laughing

Tune in Sunday night, and all will be revealed.... Razz

Best,
Sabrina Wink
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yuk! could not stand Jessee last season, and of course still can not stand him..... let's just hope he gets voted out soon. I really do like this concept of cliques and being that I love to root for the underdog I will of course be cheering on the off beat group and the brains. But watching last nights premiere episode kind of ticked me off a little bit. Why do they always pick some flamboyant gay guy for Big Brother, this is kind of insulting to me...... I have tons of friends in my circle and out side of the fact that they for the most part are "out", you could not tell they were gay. Why can't CBS just have one gay guy who is....... for lack of a better term...................straight acting. you know CBS, we are not all limp wristed sissy boys who talk with a lisp. ok! with that said.... I'm with you Sabrina, this is my one guilty plesure for tv watching.

Dean-o
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they DO tend to stereotype. Confused

But at least they discriminate EQUALLY! Surely you've noticed the Black men are always somewhat lazy; the Black women: downright pushy; the Jocks and Cheerleaders: decidedly dumb; and the Outcasts (i.e. Nerds and Geeks): just plain weird (Remember dear, sweet George with his "space suit belt" of empty soda bottles?)! Laughing

Between you 'n' me, I don't like AT ALL Jessie either. 'Too full of himself, the smug, swaggering, little sh*t. Rolling Eyes I don't think the others (including his own team, The Athletes) were especially pleased to see him, but that might just be wishful thinking on my part! Wink
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do have a point Sabrina, I just started watching Big Brother with Season 8, so don't know who Sweet George is. I wish some network would repeat the first 7 seasons so I can watch them...... but I doupt that re-runs of reality shows make good sense, since most people already know who the winner is, so why watch.
eyesoflove
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in - as bad as it is - I'm also hooked. (My husband loathes the show - he reads the paper while I'm watching).

I can't stand to even look at Jesse. I hope he doesn't last long.

Kinda like Tatoo Girl - Lydia???
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Eyes Of Love: Very Happy

And welcome aboard the big, Mondrian bus! Always good to "meet" another PF fan! Cool

Having always been a bit of an Outcast myself, I'm pretty fond of ALL the Outcasts (the Brains tend to be a bit snooty for my taste, but what can you do! Rolling Eyes ) I wholeheartedly DISLIKE Jessie and the Athletes as well. Evil or Very Mad And the Popular people are already a PITA! Razz

That being said, I simply LOVE Lydia! How cool is she doing Special Effects Make-Up for movies! And her body art is WAY COOL! She's my favorite of ALL the Outcasts, but I see they've put her up for the first eviction against that whiny "Brain", Shima!

Hopefully, someone will rescue Lydia with tonight's Power Of Veto! Wink
eyesoflove
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome, Daydreamer

I like Lydia - I hope she gets saved tonight, too.
I think Chima should go. Are the nominees allowed to participate in the POV - I can't remember?
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think nominees are allowed to vote during POV. Let's just hope they keep Lydia a while longer as she's WAY COOL!! Wink
eyesoflove
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha - she got off! Braeden??? took her place! I'm not sure how I feel about him yet.
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know just what you mean: I'm still "on the fence" regarding him as well. Razz I also think that the kid (the one with the glasses and the "Dork" shirt) who "snitched" to Braden, has clearly overplayed his hand, putting a target on his own back. Shocked I blame this on youth, but he will learn (as we all have throughout the years): NEVER UNDERESTIMATE ANYBODY! Wink

Hey, Dean-o! Where ARE you??? Very Happy
eyesoflove
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think his name is Ronnie. I thought he was going to get put up. I think he's getting a little too cockie. He may be smart, but you need a little more than just brains to play this game.

I have to hand it to all of them, though. I probably wouldn't have made it through the week. I laugh every time I think of myself being in a competition like that.
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's his name: RONNIE!! I tell you, my memory is like a SIEVE of late! Laughing Still, I really like Kevin (the gay guy) and our girl, Lydia, and hope they both stick around a bit longer!

I know just what you mean about being a contestant: I, personally, would NEVER make it through the FIRST DAY! Laughing Given the ongoing pressure, the increasing paranoia, and the constant manipulations I, too, have to admire the players tenacity, if nothing else. While the game doesn't exactly bring out the best in human nature, it certainly is FUN to watch Embarassed -- which is the point, I suppose! Wink
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg! I am so glad Lydia was saved from possible eviction......but I hope she does not line herself up with Jessee or Russell, these guys should have a separate group for them called "the Jerks" of the two up for eviction, I would choose chima over braden..... that girl is on my nerves already with her attitude... be gone with her.

Dean-o
eyesoflove
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deano-I agree - Chima has gots to go!! I like Kevin too. I don't like Jesse or Russell either - can't wait for them to be voted off. I'm still thinking on Natalie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Movie & TV Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: