[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

PF stuff for sale on eBay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemme get this straight: Confused one could either spend $1 for all four seasons (undoubtedly taken from decades-old, commercial TV with missing scenes, faded color and general poor picture quality) on homemade DVD Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked ORRRRRRR just spend the $100 for the entire series' FULL episodes on beautifully remastered, crystal-clear, color-saturated DVD? Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised

Like the man said, "You've gotta be kiddin' me!!!" I mean, is there really any QUESTION??? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The picture looks like he tossed a few blank DVDs on the
floor and took a picture of it. Laughing
Kind of reminds me of that guy on ebay that sells music magazine covers for $20 each.

Darryl
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Darryl: Very Happy

I SAW that eBay photo -- and STILL couldn't believe it!! Laughing Laughing :lol:

Somebody actually tried to sell PF Magazine COVERS ONLY for $20 a pop??? Shocked Shocked Shocked
Are you SERIOUS!!! Jeez, I can only HOPE nobody was DESPERATE enough to actually BUY them! -- I mean, you know how CRAZED Surprised SOME of us "Birdbrains" (C
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk about unusual items.

Today I saw someone trying to sell a CD called the "World of the Partridge Family"

Obviously made up. The song list isn't even close to what is listed on our site as what the double LP covered.

I like the selection of songs they picked but it isn't what one would expect if you were looking to get the original album.
Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/World-of-the-Partridge-Family-CD-and-Signed-Photo_W0QQitemZ120429935243QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0a2efa8b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Magazines Reply with quote

I have a LOT of PF mags and DC UK mags. I'd love to sell them since all I have to do is scan them, but, other people have them listed already, and they are not exactly going like hotcakes....

Maybe I should sell a lock of hair or a mink rabbit's foot instead.... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More like our "dream" CD of unreleased Gems
KathySTL wrote:
Talk about unusual items.

Today I saw someone trying to sell a CD called the "World of the Partridge Family"

Obviously made up. The song list isn't even close to what is listed on our site as what the double LP covered.

I like the selection of songs they picked but it isn't what one would expect if you were looking to get the original album.
Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/World-of-the-Partridge-Family-CD-and-Signed-Photo_W0QQitemZ120429935243QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0a2efa8b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Magazines Reply with quote

Lu groovychick1970 wrote:
I have a LOT of PF mags and DC UK mags. I'd love to sell them since all I have to do is scan them, but, other people have them listed already, and they are not exactly going like hotcakes....

Maybe I should sell a lock of hair or a mink rabbit's foot instead.... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Hey Lu: Very Happy

I have ALL FOUR of the Columbia Tri-Star Partridge Family tapes on VHS:

"C'mon, Get Happy!" (Which includes the missing tagline from "Knight In Shining Armor")

"Caution: Nervous Mother Driving"

"Six Partridges And 3 Angels"

"Stars In Our Eyes"

AND:

FOUR of the Columbia Hourse Video Club Re-TV Club:

"C'mon, Get Happy!"

"Keith Partridge"

"Laurie Partridge"

"Reuben Kincaid"

PLUS several EXTRA copies of the PF Paperback Mystery series. 'Wanna trade? Just PM me! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sabrina Wink
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting ready to sell a bunch more PF stuff. I'm selling the Hi-C mail-away label premiums, a pair of PF pants, paper dolls, shopping bags (from the LP), Board Game, Columbia Television Storylines (for all four seasons) outer boxes for both the Bubble Gum Cards and Posters and a few rare photos plus that dang-blasted Record Cabinet that just won't sell.

My question to you all is, I also have about seven or eight 16MM prints of various episodes. I believe they are all uncut and on a reel. Do you guys think these are worth anything to sell? Since the DVDs are out, I though of just throwing them away, but I have some of the fun episodes, like the Whale episode, the one with "I Think i Love You," etc. Should I take a chance on selling them or just chuck them?? Confused
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never...EVER...chuck PF stuff.
If you're gonna chuck it, chuck it my way. Laughing

Darryl

PS I'm shocked that the Record Cabinet
STILL hasn't sold (even after you've lowered the price).
Free shipping too. I hate to think how much that would cost to mail.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but are people collecting 16MM prints?? I don't want to list it and have it not sell. If it does, it'll go into the trash. :lol:

I also have the Remco bus, but it's missing the side door and some stickers. The roof is a replacement. Is that worth selling? Or should I chuck that too??
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Scott: Cool

Not surprisingly, I'm with Darryl on this one: NEVER, EVER, EVER CHUCK AWAY PF STUFF!!! How could you even CONSIDER such a TRAVESTY, let alone the mere MENTIONING of that possiblity, and HERE of all places!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Besides, you of all people should know just how EAGER some of we die-hard collectors are for such items. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Personally, I've always been intrigued by those 8mm and 16mm reels. Embarassed Even if one doesn't own a projector, they'd make a great addition/conversation piece to any PF collection IMHO!

As for the bus, I've learned that collectors will sometimes buy something that's not neccessarily in the best of condition, but will later "upgrade". Hell, I've done it myself, truth be told. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I have a friend who's an eBay Power Seller, and you'd be SURPRISED by what sells and for HOW MUCH, so why not give it a shot! Wink
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't sell the Record Cabinet...
Must mean that PF buyers with that kind of money aren't there,
NOT that nobody is buying.
You must have listed when your selling audience is minimal.
I was afraid that you would keep lowing the price to the point you actually lost money on it.
The economy hasn't really recovered, so I would say selling on eBay is not the best now.
I've even seen items that were hard to find a few years ago, not sell for their minimum.

Darryl
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I won't lower the price any further on the Record Cabinet. If it doesn't sell, I will just keep it. It's always a crap shoot, and you're right -- in today's economy nobody has that kind of disposable cash laying around . . . except THIS person. Holy CRAP!

http://cgi.ebay.com/H-R-PUFNSTUF-FRAME-TRAY-PUZZLE-ORIGINAL-ARTWORK-70_W0QQitemZ120457783821QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0bd7ea0d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YIKES & GADZOOKS!!! This individual isn't a fan, he/she is OBSESSED!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the winning bidder could have gotten it for about $600.
If they hadn't but an outrageously high bid at the last minute.
This is a good reason why I won't make bids that are beyond
what I can afford.
In the end you end up with one surprised bidder and one extremely happy seller.

Darryl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: