[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

What Is Your Most Prized DC/PF Memorabilia?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: What Is Your Most Prized DC/PF Memorabilia? Reply with quote

Hey, guys: Very Happy

I apologize if this subject has been broached before, but as a serious DC/PF collector, I think MY most prized item (thus far Wink ) is probably the vintage DC concert poster I won on eBay on my birthday last year. What's yours: the DVDs, CDs, albums; the lunchbox, clock, board game, Remco bus; Laurie doll, Patty Partridge doll, the paper dolls, colorforms; the Charlton Comics, paperback mysteries, trading cards, whatever, I wanna know. Surprised

I'd also like to know what would COMPLETE your particular collection. Me, I'd LOVE to have a PF bulletin board, a vintage clock, the 1974 calendar, the entire Laufer Company booklets, the Remco bus with garage/box, and a DC Concert program from the 70s. Not to be TOO greedy, you understand. Laughing

And thanks for sharing,

Sabrina Wink
johnnyt76
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite PF item is the debut LP my late Mom bought for me way back in 1970. It's badly scratched, and probably worth a nickel, but I'm not selling.

The PF thing I'd most like to get is a white Ovation Breadwinner guitar like the one D.C. used in season three. Someday soon...

Great questions!

Very Happy
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, thanks Johnny. :oops:

While I know absolutely NOTHING about guitars, I know there are plenty of your fellow musicians here who know EXACTLY what you're talking about, even if I don't. Laughing In any case, I hope you get your white, Ovation Breadwinner sooner rather than later as it sounds quite impressive. Keep us posted, okay. And thanks again. Wink
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: What Is Your Most Prized DC/PF Memorabilia? Reply with quote

Daydreamer72 wrote:
Hey, guys: Very Happy

I apologize if this subject has been broached before, but as a serious DC/PF collector, I think MY most prized item (thus far Wink ) is probably the vintage DC concert poster I won on eBay on my birthday last year. What's yours: the DVDs, CDs, albums; the lunchbox, clock, board game, Remco bus; Laurie doll, Patty Partridge doll, the paper dolls, colorforms; the Charlton Comics, paperback mysteries, trading cards, whatever, I wanna know. Surprised

I'd also like to know what would COMPLETE your particular collection. Me, I'd LOVE to have a PF bulletin board, a vintage clock, the 1974 calendar, the entire Laufer Company booklets, the Remco bus with garage/box, and a DC Concert program from the 70s. Not to be TOO greedy, you understand. Laughing

And thanks for sharing,

Sabrina Wink

Great topic Sabrina. I have most of the Laufer Company booklets, a DC concert progream from 1972 (USA), a few programs from other countries, all the DC & PF comics, all 17paperback mysteries, all 3 series of trading cards. I got this thing about complete runs of things.
I have PF game, DC 500 piece puzzle & DC color forms (but the boxes are badly damaged. MY DC/PF collection is in a closet.
I'd like to have a bigger area where I can work on my collection more.
Also where I can organize it better.

Darryl
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I would most like to add to my colection are the PF Vu-master slides. I would also like a bag from the shopping bag LP.

I collected mostly on David & not so much PF, although I now have all the Carlton PF books (the last cost an arm & leg on Ebay), & the comic-books, & of course the albums.
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheryl, I have TONS of Shopping Bags. Send me an email with your address and I will send you a few. Very Happy
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darryl: Very Happy

First off, thanks so much for the kind words. Embarassed Secondly, I am SO JEALOUS right now, having read your LIST of PF stuff -- a lot of which I DON'T have myself!!! Twisted Evil Laughing Still, you HAVE been collecting for a good long while, of course, so I won't begrudge you your fortune. Surprised

Well, not TOO much anyway! Laughing And, should you find ANY duplicates during your reorganization efforts, feel free to PM me, and maybe we can do business. Wink

Cheryl: :D

Wow, how COOL is that to finally have ALL the books and the comics!!! And I know exactly what you mean about the prices on eBay! YIKES!!! I've seen final two PF Mysteries, "The Stolen Necklace" #16 for $165 on eBay, and "Love Comes To Keith Partridge" #17 for as much as $205 on Amazon, of all places! YIKES!!! Shocked Evil or Very Mad Still, I lucked out and got both for $40 from a private seller! Wink

I, too, have all 21 of the PF comics, but NONE of the DC ones. Do you have these as well? Very Happy

I also remain VERRRRRY ENVIOUS of (1972/73) "The David Cassidy Songbook" you have from the U.K.! Surprised Surprised Surprised -- Didn't think I'd actually FORGET that juicy, little tidbit of info, didja! Twisted Evil Laughing :wink:

Thanks guys, for the GREAT responses, and I look forward to hearing MORE, MORE, MORE!!!

Love to all,

Sabrina Very Happy
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lately I have been contemplating selling most, if not all, of my PF collectibles. My interest seems to have waned somewhat, and I've been wondering if now is the time to get rid of it all. If I start and eBay business, I'll let you all know. I've got most, if not all, of the really rare stuff like the record cabinet, boxed guitars, boxed dolles, etc. etc. etc.

I may put my David Cassidy UK magazines up for sale soon, too. I don't have them all (I don't think) but I have a lot.

Anybody wanna buy a website? Laughing Wink
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, Scott: :cry:

Say it AIN'T so, you're breakin' my little, black heart with this possibility!!! Evil or Very Mad Shocked Mad

Selfishly enough, all I can think of MYSELF and where I might be able to find other PF fans as there's no place else online like the BB!!! Confused And even if there WERE, I couldn't get it as Web TV DOESN'T access very many other sites. Crying or Very sad And as to your selling part of your collection on eBay, well, that leaves me out in the cold there as well for the SAME reason! Confused

NONE of which is YOUR fault, of course. Oh, well, it was nice while it lasted anyway. And, yes, I realize you're not gone as of yet, but you know what Shakespear said: "Many truths said in jest"! Laughing Laughing :lol:

Whatever you, ultimately, decide keep us posted, okay?

Best,
Sabrina Wink
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
Lately I have been contemplating selling most, if not all, of my PF collectibles. My interest seems to have waned somewhat, and I've been wondering if now is the time to get rid of it all. If I start and eBay business, I'll let you all know. I've got most, if not all, of the really rare stuff like the record cabinet, boxed guitars, boxed dolles, etc. etc. etc.

I may put my David Cassidy UK magazines up for sale soon, too. I don't have them all (I don't think) but I have a lot.

Anybody wanna buy a website? Laughing Wink

I don't have everything, but I do have a lot. I'd be interested in some of the stuff you have. I have the complete run of the David Cassidy UK magazines (There were 43 issues). It's getting nearly impossible to find stuff I don't already have on ebay.

Darryl
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I'm not going to do anything drastic -- it's just that some days I look at all the stuff displayed on shelves in my home studio and I think, "What am I keeping this stuff for? I'm sick of dusting it." Laughing There is so much other stuff stored in boxes and I could never display it all unless I moved into Candy Spelling's mansion. Laughing So I have been thinking about getting rid of stuff I don't care about or don't want anymore. The David Cassidy magazines are in plastic sleeves on the floor in a closet. I never look at them, and they're in the way when I want to get into a file cabinet. So, why not get rid of them?? I have extra sets of the boxed paper dolls (I replaced them with sealed copies) so why not get rid of those too? Same story with a cardboard promotional mobile from one of DC's RCA LPs -- still in the original plastic, never used. If it ain't hanging, then why am I holding onto it? :lol:

So, maybe it's time to down-size when people still care about, and want this stuff. If I wait as long as DC's going to wait to let the unreleased music out, I'll have the same problem he's going to have. Nobody will want it. Laughing
Randy64
Official Bus Driver

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have to pick one...I'd say my most prized PF collectable is my first, the Carlton Cards musical bus ornament. I started collecting PF memorabilia late in life and have a rather small collection. I'd like to share a picture of it with you all. I think it makes quite a colorful display.

Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Randy: Very Happy

OMG!!! How COOL is that!!! It definitely makes a colorful display! Thanks for sharing. Wink

I'd love to show you guys my collection, but Web TV just isn't capable. :roll:

Still, I LOVE seeing this stuff! Anybody else? Laughing
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great question, Sabrina! Randy, I love the way you have your things arranged.

My prized possessions aren't really official PF collectibles. I would say it's a tie between my chest of drawers (the chest is white, the drawers are red and each drawer has a partridge on it), and a gold record of I Think I Love You that was "dummied up" for me as a gift for my 40th birthday. It resembles the sort of framed gold records that artists receive from their record company, and it has a small brass plaque that says, "We Think We Love You for being our # 1 Fan!" --The Partridge Family." It's the thought that counts, and that means a lot to me.

BTW and OT a bit, I've been swamped with work for the past couple of months, so I'm hoping to start catching up with our DVD Club starting this weekend. I think I'll watch the most recent episode that you're all at, and then I will go back on the ones I've missed to get caught up. (It's nice to have some breathing time again Wink). Thanks again for the great topic, Sabrina!
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Gord: Very Happy

Thanks so much for the kind words, as always. Embarassed

BUT don't think for a minute that lets you off the hook for us ACTUALLY SEEING YOUR PF collection, mister!!! Razz As much as I enjoyed the cake (which looked delicious BTW! Surprised ), I am especially intrigued by the PF chest of drawers you've created: I'm sure it's WAY COOL, and I'm dyin' to see it! :lol:

Best always,
Sabrina Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: