[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Bewitched Marathons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lizzie
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now, back to "Bewitched".... Wink

I love "Bewitched" and Elizabeth Montgomery, but am very eager to see how the movie is....nothing and no one can replace the original, but I think Nicole Kidman looks adorable, and Will Farrell will add much comic relief to the movie....

BTW I bought "Bewitched" on DVD, and I bought the movie soundtrack....let's wait until the movie comes out to pass judgement, guys....if you don't want to see it, fine, but don't diss it till you see it, K???

Now, if you want, start a "Batman" thread, willya??? Laughing And I am glad I can *finally* post--even if it is under "Lizzie" instead of "Elizabeth" Very Happy
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you know some of us haven't seen it? I saw a screening just a few days ago. I'm still trying to get the smell out of my nose. Wink

As for Tom Cruise. I believe he is in love with Katie. I also believe that's Michael Jackson's real nose too. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Lizzie
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, glad you got to see it....I would have no way of knowing that BTW Laughing

But I am glad the movie is coming out....if nothing else than look at all the new Bewitched merchandise that comes with it (including the DVD).....note to self: must get Bewitched Barbie!!! Wink

And hey, if Tom and Katie (AKA TomKat--EWWWWWWWWWWW) *are* in love, great--if they are not, then we can all look forward to the divorce!!!!
As for Michael Jackson--I do not believe he has a nose at this point.... Razz
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in all fairness to the film, they're in a no-win situation. The original series is a classic and one of the all-time best series on TV, IMHO. So trying to remake it verbatim is pointless. Nobody can replace the original actors in the parts, and there is a l-o-o-o-n-g list of TV-series-to-feature-film-remakes that have failed to live up to the originals. Because of that, I understand the thinking behind the movie-remake-within-a-movie idea, but it just didn't work. On the one hand, you want to see Nicole Kidman as Samantha, not Isabel. Yet she could never replace Elizabeth Montgomery. Although I can't think of anyone else better to try. Wait till you see her nose twitch. She's a cow chewing her cud. :cry:

But, as you said it has given us the series on DVD and that's a good thing. (Watch for Season Two to be released in about 4 - 5 months, when the film is released on DVD as well.)

Hmmm -- how do you divorce a beard? Shave it? Nair it? I haven't a clue. Laughing Laughing Confused
Lizzie
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta tell ya, my munchkins and I are greatly enjoying the DVD....for whatever reason, the kids have never seen a lot of the epis, and they are rolling on the floor with laughter....unlike the PF, where they can quote every line, "Bewitched" is a totally new entity....

My son can't wait for more Paul Lynde/Uncle Arthur, and tonight was the first time he had *ever* seen Aunt Clara (and he loves her!!)....my daughter loves the interaction between Darrin and Samantha, and how they get mad at each other but totally are really sweet in the end.....so even if the movie ends up to be a stinker (in my mind) at least it brought more "Bewitched" product out there (and I can't wait for season 2!!!)

Tom's beard--if he does need a beard then I hope Katie gets lots of $$$ built into the prenup....

*Twinkle, twinkle* (that's me signing off!!)
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone has bought DVD of Tabitha series starring Lisa Hartman, I watched it on tvland a couple of years ago, but the quality of the picture was not very good (faded). I was wondering if they had fixed the print before transferring to DVD, or if they just slapped it on DVD and rushed it into stores.

Dean-O
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, I always thought it was sort of more of a "tinka tinka tink"! Cool
Anywho...loving the DVDs, was a bit concerned with Sony cramming NINE eps on one disc but they look good -- perhaps due to being "remastered in High Definition"?? -- at least that what it says in the packaging. Shocked

As with TPF, it's a blast to see the beginnings, the "firsts" of what we'd become so familiar with: the first time Darrin meets Endora, Samantha meets her in-laws (the incomparable Mabel Albertson Smile), their first fight, etc., etc., even the first appearance of Paul Lynde, even though he's not playing Uncle Arthur -- I laughed out loud at this episode, not having seen it in ages! Bravo, Sony. Keep up the great releases! :D

As for TomKat... I could be really cynical here and express my true opinion but I think I'll keep it to myself, as I'm reminded of something a friend said to another, who was in the position to know first hand, about a very famous actress, which I think applies here: "Remember...she's an actress...a very good one, and she can make you believe what she wants you to believe, whether it's true or not." That certainly stuck with me! :)

For those who missed it, Oprah today is the repeat with the Cruise "jumping on the sofa" display. See for yourselves. Wink
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok a few things...........
Bewtitched Marathon on WB11 last week was good. I've always enjoyed the show. As a kid I wasn't a huge fan. I guess I was a 'jeannie' fan first and a "Samantha' fan second. But this show seems to have aged better than "jeannie". From the scripts to the casting and opening sequence - just a fantastic show.

I'm not keen on remakes but will see the movie, mostly out of curiosity. Like Scott said, I expect a train wreck - but could be fun. The trailer has the scene with Will Farrell going nuts about "Darren being replaced and nobody noticed" - hope that is not the 'best' moment in the film! Should be good for a few giggles. Yes I giggle. I'd like to see Nicole Kidman get another hit and see Tom Cruise's movie sink. I really just can't stand that guy. I don't know who this woman from Dawson's Creek he is involved with. Is she of age?

Again the word remake makes me a little nuts and so with Willy Wonka, the use of the book title, "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" is probably the only good thing I can say about it without actually seeing it. My brother says to me, the 70's are over, get over it. Hollywood needs to make films for the young people and kids aren't going to watch the30 plus year old movie. I disagree that you just can't do better than Gene Wilder and the rest of that cast. It s like the broadway version of "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" - why? Watch the DVD with Dick Van Dyke!

I really can't stand Hollywood's obsession to re-make every movie, tv and broadway show. I don't get. Someone explain to me why??????? Puh-leeeeeeeeease?????

As for the new Batman movie, I was a fan of the Adam West/Burt Ward tv series from the 60's. With this one being a 'prequel' or sometthing at least it will be somewhat oriiginal. Sorta like a big screen 'Smallville"? I am a superhero freak too: Batman, Superman in particular. Hulk and Spidey never did much for me. I'd like to see what they do with the new Superman movies.

Back to Batman - anyone know if the tv series is coming to DVD?

Ed
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Batman" is stuck legal hell right now. The series is owned by FOX, but the character is owned by DC Comics, a subsidiary of Warner Bros. So, it's tied up in legalities. Also, the "Batgirl" character is co-owned by a third party so the chances of getting that season (the third/last) are slim too. Crying or Very sad
Marjorie63

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Ed on liking the fact that they are using the title of the book, "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" instead of "Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory". The book was my favorite as a child and I had read it several times before the original movie came out and I remember being quite upset at the time that they weren't using the book's title and I recall somehow the endings were different too (although I don't recall how) which of course I didn't like. Laughing Of course the book is always better than the movie and I think this was my first experience with that. I happen to think that Johnny Depp is the perfect actor for this role and Tim Burton the perfect filmaker for this story but I do think it will stray from the book even more than the original.
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lizzie
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know how much the movie "Bewitched" did this weekend??? And we have taken a break from our new DVD's to go back to "The Partridge Family"....Shirley and David are so beautiful!!!!!
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preliminary reports indicate the movie did about $20.2 million on it's opening weekend. Certainly not a blockbuster, but it was good enough for second place, behind "Batman Begins", and pretty much what Sony was expecting it to do. (They guestimated about $21.4 million) To compare, Variety reported that Batman Begins opened with $48.7 in it's first three days. I think the next few weeks determine whether it's a hit or not. After the curious have seen it then word of mouth usually takes over. A 25% - 35% drop in revenue is normal from first to second week. Any more than that and theaters start pulling back on the number of theaters and showings they have. :D

And to answer Dean's question, "Tabitha" looks pretty good on DVD. It doesn't look faded at all. Very Happy

Last edited by Scott on Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: