[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Bewitched Marathons
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Bewitched Marathons Reply with quote

For anyone else who might be a big Bewitched fan such as I, there are several marathons coming up this week, I have DISH network, so channels may not be available for some, however Bewithced is currently showing on WPIX the WB, and is on WGN the WB later today. Bewitched is also on my local WB network in Portland Oregon. And folks, I'm sure a lot of you prabably know that Bewitched is on TVLAND, monday thru thursday starting June 20 (my birthday) .

Don't forget Bewitched comes out on DVD on Tuesday June 21, and Bewtiched (the movie) arrives in theatres on June 24.

As far as the movie goes, when I first heard that Nicole Kidman was going to play Samantha Stevens, I wasn't to crazy about it (after all who could really take Elizabeth Montgomery's place) But since Nicole will be playing an actress making a re-make of Bewitched, I'm actually looking forward to seeing the movie next weekend.

Well! gotta get back to Bewitched marathon.

Dean-O
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up on the marathon, Dean-o! It must be a WB thing as it's playing here in LA, too. Very Happy (Only get to catch a couple of episodes, but got a kick out of the Paul Lynde B&W ep where he actually tricks Darrin into thinking he can cast a spell on Endora! Love the interstitials with Nicole Kidman, etc., too! Very Happy)

As for you kiddo....

MANY Happy Returns, doll! Very Happy Very Happy :D

, babe, and many, many more! Dancing Applause
CHEZ
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy your Bewitched marathon, Dean-O and have a really fabuluos birthday too on Monday! :)

Ooh I love birthdays and nibbley bits :)

Chez Smile
umbrellaman
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Birthday Dean-O! Bewitched is actually my favorite show! When I checked The WB in my area today, there was no marathon, but I might have been too late. Then the mail came, and my DVDs actually arrived today! I work at home, and it was really hard to finish my work day before starting to watch them. I watched the first five episodes and was in heaven. I never bought the Columbia House tapes because I just kept hoping it would come out on DVD, and I did have almost all of the episodes taped from TVLand, which of course are all edited. Wow--every episode so far has scenes and bits I've never seen before, and the picture quality absolutely floored me! Just short of pristine to my eyes, which I frankly did not expect from Sony, although I was also amazed at how great The Partridge Family looks. Between TPF and BW, I think Sony has really stepped up the quality of their releases. I'm looking forward to the BW movie next week too. It seems most fans wanted a straight remake of the show, but I too actually like that it's not and that it seems like it's going to be more of a tribute to the show. I can't imagine anyone topping Elizabeth Montgomery and Dick York, along with the rest of the incredible cast the show had!
Maui
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Bewitched Reply with quote

I taped some of the WB Bewitched Marathon and there are many tidbits added before going to commercial.They also had comments from the cast of the movie throughout.
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder for Bewitched fans. Tvland will air 4 episodes per night, monday thru thursday, prior to fridays release of Bewitched Movie.

Dean-O
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh yes. Tom and Katie. Picture this: Paris. 2005. Atop the Eiffel Tower, the diminutive Cruise gets down on one knee, and looks into the eyes of the lovely former "Dawson's Creek" star. He takes her hand in his -- voice trembling -- and says, "Katie -- sweetie -- will you be my beard??" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Go see "Batman Begins". It was WAY cool! So was "Mr. and Mrs. Smith". Skip "Madagascar" -- the script and voice work were horrid. I still hate the movie-within-a-movie concept for "Bewitched" so I'm looking forward to that dreck about as much as a case of gout. But I'll probably see it anyway, as I'm curious -- in a train-wreck sorta way. I'm not sure about "Charlie" either. Johnny Depp looks downright creepy in the trailer I saw. "Fantasic Four" looks good, though. Very Happy
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Katie--sweetie--will you be my beard???" I love it, that is so funny!. back to bewitched, I think I would much prefer the approach that is being taken with this movie, in that Nicole is playing an actress/witch who is playing the part of Samantha Stevens rather than Nicole actually playing Samantha Stephens herself. No matter who the actress is, it would be nearly impossible to find someone to fill Elizabeth Montgomery's shoes (just can't be done).

Dean-O
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Mr. Speilburg might consider doing some damage control as well. Someone told me they were at a movie the other day, and when the trailer for War of the Worlds came on, the audienced BOOED!

I did enjoy Batman. Christian Bale is great! But I found myself wanting to yell "Run, Katie!" the minute I saw her on screen. LOL!
Michael
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I want to further hijack the thread (which is supposed to be about Bewitched Very Happy ), but I finally saw Batman last night. I'm not surprised Katie was dropped. She really didn't do anything that any number of more talented actresses could do in their sleep... and would look age-appropriate to boot. What was she, a 12-year old District attorney? Puh-lease!

Overall, the movie rocked. As a Batman purist, some of the liberties they took with the legend irked me just a little, but not enough to ruin the film for me. Other than Holmes, the other glaring problem for me was the actor playing Dr. Crane - waaaaayyyyyy too young. And why is the name of all that's Bat-tastic does nearly every single freakin' super-hero movie feel it's necessary to allow the love interest to learn the hero's identity? Batman would NEVER have done that. Never, ever, ever!

Ok, I'm done now. Go see it. It's the best Batman film so far (and I enjoyed the campiness of the Clooney movie!).
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Michael. The film was great, but Katie Homes was not very good. WAY too young. I'm glad it's doing well and there's talk of a sequel already. My stock in WB just went up. Ka-ching! Laughing :lol:

Also, Paramount has cut back -- drastically -- the press tour for War of the Worlds because of the backlash over the Tom/Katie debacle. Seems that's getting more press than the movie, so they decided to do damage control and cut back. Of course their reason is because the "movie is already getting great advanced buzz and a press junket is not needed." Puh-leaze! Laughing :lol:

And, I agree nobody could replace Elizabeth Montgomery. I've seen clips of Nicole Kidman attemting to twitch. Jezz -- I'm reminded of a cow chewing her cud. Laughing
Marjorie63

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it just possible that maybe, just maybe, Tom and Katie are really in love? I really can't understand all of the skepticism and mean-spiritedness that has surrounded this. They only met in April so maybe it's just infatuation still but if it's real, I'm happy for them. I've never been a big Tom Cruise fan and I don't think I've ever seen Katie in anything but they both seem like nice people and I wish people would just give them the benefit of the doubt and wish them well. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: