[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

American Idol season 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Movie & TV Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved Simon's comments about Chris' first "judge chosen" performance- as if he thought Randy & Kara would also tell him to do a new arrangement- at least Adam is creative enough to do his own arangements.
Why can't they chose more "classic" songs-- its as though they never heard of music made before they were born (the judges also have that problem). I would love to have heard some 50's & 60's music for a change.
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BonnieNY
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really have a strong preference as to who goes against Adam in the finals. Yes, I'm assuming that Adam is actually in the finals. Wink I like Danny's personality and I like his voice, but...I dunno....I just really wish it were Adam and Allison going one on one.

Oh, Kris is good, too. Smile Low-key in the personality department, but he has a good voice.
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheryl, I would have liked to have heard more "classic" songs too but I guess maybe those songs are as foreign to them as the newer songs are to us. And the judges (especially Simon) are always saying that the contestants have to be relevant to today's record buyers (oops, I mean CD buyers or should I have said today's downloaders). We just have to face it, we are old and irrelevant!!! Laughing Laughing

Bonnie, I too wish it were Allison and Adam in the final two. That night of the two of them singing would have been great. Oh well. :(

I had a terrible feeling all day that something horrible was going to happen and Adam wasn't going on to the finals. Thank God I was wrong!!! But when Ryan called Kris' name first I had a horrible feeling that people hadn't listened to Simon last night and just voted for either Kris or Danny. But I'm glad that it turned out the way it should have.

I think Kris is getting the young female vote since he is so cute and I think that's why he's going on the the finals.

Although I do want Adam to win, I'm glad that someone who can just sit on a stool and play an acoustic guitar and sing is also in the finals. I think this is my favorite final two of any season.
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marjorie, I do enjoy the fact that the two finalists are so different from one another. Should be an interesting finale! Very Happy
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what does everyone think...who's gonna win tonight? I have a funny feeling Kris is going to win. I'm rooting for Adam despite not being too crazy about the music he does but I can definitely see Kris winning.

I wasn't too crazy about the song that Kara wrote. I was surprised they let her write a song and took away the songwriting competition this year.

Oh well....we'll see.

Ken
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, we're mid-finale on the East coast, so don't worry -- I'm not going to spoil anything about the winner (especially since I don't know who it is yet! Very Happy ).

I just have to say that in terms of entertainment, this is the...

Best. AI. Finale. EVER!

Allison and Cyndi Lauper -- OMG! Lauper is one of my favorites, and that song is also one of my favorites! And Allison -- Well, I think I've made it clear that she's one of my favorites! Wink

And hello? Adam with KISS! "Beth" is such a beautiful song, and I loved hearing Adam sing it. "Rock and Roll All Night" was incredible, as Adam sang along with Kiss.

I'm really, really enjoying this. Now, if Adam wins, it will be a perfect AI evening! Applause
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I often do , I totally agree with Bonnie on everything she said. I thought it was the best AI finale ever. I was totally entertained by almost every performance.

Bonnie, I too loved the Cyndi Lauper/Allison duet. "Time After Time" is one of my all-time favorite songs.

I was never much of a Kiss fan however I can't think of a better band for Adam to have sung with. It was fantastic.

I love the Pink song "I'm Still a Rock Star" so I enjoyed the group performance of that. I also love Jason Mraz' song "I'm Yours" so I enjoyed hearing him singing it with Alexis and Jorge (who btw drove me crazy at the end when Kris was singing and he was trying to get his mug on camera - I kept thinking "you came in 12th/13th buddy, get away from the winner").

Something that was a nice surprise was the song that Steve Martin wrote and that he performed with Megan Joy and Michael. I really liked the song and thought it was a perfect song for Megan Joy to sing. I might even check out his new CD.

I wonder if Kara coming out and singing with Bikini Girl was a surprise. Biking Girl looked a little pissed that she has to share the limelight.

It was nice to see Nick/Norman again. I think he definitely has a future in Vegas ahead of him.

I could have lived without seeing Tatiana again. :roll:

The "We are the Champions" finale was cool. Although no one could ever touch Freddie Mercury as an entertainer, I've thought all season that Adam reminded me a bit of Freddie.

Oh yeah...the results. First off I have to admit that I missed Tuesday's show because I fell asleep at 7pm...pathetic, I know. Smile Before tonight's show I watched that Idol preview show that they have on the TV Guide channel and when celebrities and former Idol contestants were asked who they thought would win, the vote was pretty much split 50/50. So I started thinking that Kris might win. And even though I had no doubt all season that Adam would win, I really had no problem with Kris winning. I really grew to like him as the weeks went on. His style appeals to me. Actually I'm kind of glad he won because as both Adam and Kris do the talk show circuit in the coming weeks, I won't have to hear Adam have to sing that Kara penned song. Ugh!! And of course Adam will get to make a CD that Idol won't have any control over.

Both Kris and Adam seem like such nice guys and Adam seemed genuinely happy for Kris. And as I write this I'm listening to an interview with Kris on the Fox reality channel show taped immediately after the finale and Kris keeps saying how Adam really deserved this. I believe he said that on the show too.

Season 7 holds a special place in my heart as it gave me, for a couple hours a week, something to think about other than my friend Mark's death which occurred in early April of last year. In fact the last email conversation we had was about American Idol. But I admit this may now be my favorite season mostly because of Adam. I'll miss seeing him every week. I can't imagine anyone in future seasons being more entertaining.

Eight more months until season nine!!! Laughing Laughing
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marjorie,

I'm dealing with insomnia, so here I am in the middle of the night posting. Smile

I didn't want to come back and post anything else until you saw the show.

Adam is definitely reminiscent of the late great Freddie Mercury, and I love when he sang with the surviving members of Queen.

I have to admit that I'm disappointed in the results. I feel that Middle America's homophobia was at least partially responsible for Adam's loss. Kris is much more tame and vanilla and appealing to the young girls who vote. I am happy that Adam won't have to record that crappola song co-written by Kara!

Well, Adam is a STAR and will have a great career. You're probably right, Marjorie, that he'll now have more control over what he does. I wish him all the best.

P.S. Kara surprising that no-talent bikini girl was a laugh riot! Laughing And Kara's clearly the better singer! Applause
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BonnieNY wrote:
Marjorie,

Well, Adam is a STAR and will have a great career. You're probably right, Marjorie, that he'll now have more control over what he does. I wish him all the best.

P.S. Kara surprising that no-talent bikini girl was a laugh riot! Laughing And Kara's clearly the better singer! Applause
I think Kara also surprised Simon! Loved Ryan's ad-lib about the "something new" since the last time they saw her.
I was voting for Kris & think that all of Danny's votes went to him since they sing in similar styles. Adam won't be tied down with 19 Entertainment's bland songs (no one really had a good "debut" single after Kelly.)
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really have to come up with a better idea for that debut single. They always suck. They're always in a particular style that I could see a Beyonce, Mariah Carey, or Celine Dion type singer singing but if you don't fit into that category, then it just doesn't work. Plus they always have that same "your dreams will come true" theme that just makes one's eyes roll after a while. I think if they had someone like Jon Mayer write a song, the result might be something that fits many styles. But what do I know?? Smile
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw Kris sing that awful "No Boundaries"song on Regis and Kelly and he looked almost embarrassed while singing it. I'm sure there are so many other songs he wished he could have been able to sing. I just kept thinking to myself "thank God Adam lost!!" :-)

Speaking of Adam, he'll be on Regis tomorrow and they'll both be on the Today show Thursday. I think Danny will be on Regis either Thursday or Friday.
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't watch a minute of AI this season except the finale (the final performances, not the results show). I agree that the debut singles are always sucky, and they get worse every year. This year's song is particularly revolting. I feel sorry for the "winner." Laughing
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I saw Kris sing this afternoon on the Ellen DeGeneres show (taped on Monday I presume) and he sang that song plus he also sang the Kanye West song he performed on AI. For some reason I recall when David Cook was on Ellen last year after his win, he also sang something other than that first single song which he sang on every other talk show I saw him on.

PJ, you chose maybe the best season to skip but I'm guessing you're not too bummed about it. Laughing
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marjorie63 wrote:
PJ, you chose maybe the best season to skip but I'm guessing you're not too bummed about it. Laughing

Nah. I meant to start watching after the audition rounds, but discovered that I just didn't miss it. So I did other stuff. Laughing
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone interested, Adam will be on 20/20 this Friday night (ABC 10pm). The ad for the show indicated that he would talk about his sexuality. I certainly hope that is not all he talks about. Why that topic interests anybody is beyond me!! Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Movie & TV Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: