[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

American Idol season 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Movie & TV Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BonnieNY
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that everyone did a good job last night.

I hate that Simon put the idea of Allison going home in people's minds. Many folks listen to him. I thought Allison did a beautiful job with "Someone to Watch Over Me." She should stay, IMO.
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt should have chosen another song-My Funny Valentine was wrong for his voice--Allison did great toning down the rock side of her voice, I think Matt will go

Marjorie63 wrote:
I think it is hard to say who did the best and who did the worst last night. I think everybody did a real good job. I did think Matt and Danny gave excellant performances and were perhaps my favorites.

I got a phone call during Adam's performances so I missed a little of that (I got the person off of the phone as quickly as I could!!Laughing). I think I would have perferred him to do a more standard arrangement of that song but as always he was amazing (a word I rarely use btw).

I am loving Kris more and more so I want him to stay. Unfortunetly I think Simon was right in that Allison may go tonight (why doesn't America love her???) and Matt will probably join her in the bottom two.

http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What hurts Allyson is her youth and not being commerical She did not perform her song well last night. There was an awkwardness in her performance. She is a good singer though. I think Lil of the all the 'girls' in the competition was my favorite.

I was only blown away by Danny Gokey's performance last night. The others were okay. Adam in particular was boring because he does the same thing most every week. Loved his take on Yvonne Ellerman's "If I can't have you" the week before.

My bottom 3 would be:
Allyson
Adam
Chris

Then again they could just dump Ryan Seacrest.....
Ed
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BonnieNY wrote:
I agree that everyone did a good job last night.

I hate that Simon put the idea of Allison going home in people's minds. Many folks listen to him. I thought Allison did a beautiful job with "Someone to Watch Over Me." She should stay, IMO.

I absolutely don't want Allison to go home but I think she will just based on America's voting in the past. I think Ed is right about her not being commercial enough especially for the young voters. If you have a young girl singer, they just want another dancing popstar instead of a great rocker.
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed,

Every judge (Simon included) said that Allison's performance was very good/excellent (Simon just didn't think that Allison believed she could win). As I said earlier, I loved her performance. Different strokes... Smile

Marjorie,

I agree that she isn't commercial. That's what I enjoy about her. Adam isn't commercial, either (which might mean, now that I think about it, that super-commercial Danny will win). I don't think Allison will make it to the finals (She doesn't seem to have the fan base), but I think she'll be a success in the business. Look at other non-commercial non-winners of the past (e.g., Jennifer Hudson, Chris Daughtry).
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like so many, I've thought all along that Adam had this in the bag but after tonight's results I'm not so sure. Bonnie, you might be right about Danny coming out on top.

I'm looking forward to next week's rock theme. I'm assuming they'll all be singing two songs next week. I can't wait to see what Adam does. Actually I can't wait to see what they all do. Smile
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mind seeing Matt go as he and Chris are pretty much interchangeable. I didn't agree with Simon and the other judges when they gave him a lifeline a few weeks ago. I would have saved it for Danny Gokey or Adam.

I think Danny Gokey is the best of the rest at this point. I would say it will be a playoff between Danny and Adam.

How about Taylor Hicks' performance? He did great and I liked his new song - a throwback to countryrock.

Ed
Randy64
Official Bus Driver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point in the game I could believe that Adam was in the bottom three. But I don't buy that he was in the bottom two. I think the producers staged that for dramatic effect. Call me cynical. Evil or Very Mad
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree Randy. I knew Ryan wouldn't say Adam's name when they sent someone "back to the couch".

I think I'm judging this season's contestants more on their ability to entertain me than their voice. I think Danny has perhaps the best voice but I wouldn't want to sit through a concert of his whereas I absolutely would want to sit through a Adam or Allison show. But that's just my personal taste.

I really would love to know if Kris writes songs because if he does I think he could be quite sucessful assuming he wrote good songs.
Randy64
Official Bus Driver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam is definitely the most entertaining idol contestant ever. If this was 1970 he would have his own variety show by now. Very Happy
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!!!!!! This was my favorite night of American Idol ever!!!!

What more is there to say about Adam?? He is going to be a huge star. He'll be doing rock concerts and starring on Broadway and probably in films too.

His duet with Allison was a joy to watch. So much fun!!!

I've said this many times on AI threads here before but the reason I resisted watching this show the first three seasons was that I'm not a pop or R&B fan and I knew I wasn't going to hear much, if any rock and I knew I'd be bored. Well Bo and Constantine got me watching the fourth season and now Adam and Allison gave mind blowing performances tonight. I feel vindicated!! Laughing :lol:

Now on to the other two. I really love Kris but I'm sure he'll be going home tomorrow. I did enjoy the Kris and Danny duet a lot but I agree with Simon in that Danny did a better job. I really loved hearing that Styx song again. Pieces of Eight was one of my fave albums in high school.

Rock is just not Kris' genre and it showed. I don't know what would have been a better song choice for him but of course I don't know what songs he had to choose from.

Danny's voice sounded strained to me no doubt from rehearsing that last note from Dream On. I give him credit for attempting it though.

I think tonight will live in American Idol infamy!! Laughing Laughing
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marjorie,

I enjoyed the show as well! Adam is in a class by himself, but I thought Alison also did a great job. I love that she spoke up about not singing "Piece of My Heart." She was absolutely right about it being overdone, and I liked her song choice.

Danny's voice did sound a little strained, but he's consistently good and has that huge fan base behind him.

Unfortunately, I do think Kris will (and should) go home. This just wasn't his genre, as you said.

I, too, very much enjoyed the duets! Very Happy
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it.....I just don't get it. I guess two rockers would have just been too much for America. But of course it doesn't matter. Finishing fourth didn't hurt Chris Daughtery and it won't hurt Allison either. How great it is that young girls will have a young singer to idolize who has genuine talent. I hope Allison is able to stay true to herself. She's a sweet young thing with such a cool edge.

I have to say I have respect for Paula Abdul as a dancer and choreographer but not as a singer. Her voice is always so synthesized. I never understood her success as a singer back in the eighties. She could never just get up there and sing like the AI contestants do without any electronic assistance, let alone acappella. I felt sorry for her during her performance tonight. The song was awful and could have easily been from the eighties and the lyrics were just way too young for her. It almost seemed desperate. Kinda sad...
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Paula was the pits. She should stick to choreography for others.

Love Daughtry! I'm happy he's doing so well.

Really bummed about Allison. I wanted her to finish in the Top 3. She's 17, and I would actually buy her CD (when she makes it). I can't say that about too many 17-year-olds. She seems like an old soul to me, and I think she'll have great success.

I like next week's format, with the judges picking one song (I'm not sure how that will work with 4 judges, though) and the contestants picking one song. That usually proves to be an enjoyable show.
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I'm glad Simon said not to assume that Adam will be in the finals and then not vote for him.

I didn't really like either of the judges' song choices for Kris or Danny. But thinking back to past seasons, I rarely like the judges' choices. I'm a huge U2 fan and so I was thrilled with Simon's choice of a U2 song for Adam. I believe that "One" is Bono's favorite song of theirs however I must admit it is not one of mine. I think the song lost a lot of impact because of the necessity of cutting out so much of the lyrics to fit the time limit. So I wasn't really thrilled with Adam's oerformance.

I thought both Kris and Danny nailed their second performances. Great song choices for both. I actually thought they did a better job than Adam.

Just because Danny has never been in the bottom three, I assume he will be in the finals with Adam. However Kris is my choice. His style just fits my taste more than Danny's. But I really shouldn't assume Adam will be in the top two. should I?? Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Movie & TV Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: