[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

American Idol season 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Movie & TV Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BonnieNY wrote:
Without giving too much away, I just have 3 words...

I. LOVE. ADAM.

Me too Bonnie!!!!!!!!

Unless something goes terribly wrong, I don't see how he can lose.
The only other performance I really liked tonight was Kris'. He's definitely growing on me lately. And he's easy on the eyes too. Laughing

Everybody else pretty much bored me tonight. Although Scott's performance was pretty good. But the only songs I was familiar with were Adam's, kris' and Scott's and performances of songs that I'm not familiar with tend to bore me.

Megan has got to go. Her performances are becoming like nails on a chalkboard to me. I'm not sure who else I think should be in the bottom three because I believe Megan was by far the worst and so it really doesn't matter. The only down side to her going home would be that we would have to hear tonight's performance again. Laughing
BonnieNY
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marjorie, I agree that Megan should go. I had really high hopes for her, but she's been awful for several weeks in a row. I wish she would've sung an Amy Winehouse song last night. Bob Marley? Really?? I agree with Simon in that someone is advising her poorly. Either that, or she doesn't understand her own strengths and weaknesses.

I love Allison, and I love No Doubt's "Don't Speak," but the two didn't mix well. I really hope Allison will be safe after that performance.

Kris and Danny did well, I thought.

Adam is in a class by himself, IMO.
Randy64
Official Bus Driver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been too keen on Adam until last night. WOW, I can't wait to see/hear what he does next! I liked Megan at first but after last night I don't ever want to hear her sing again. She was awful!
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marjorie and Bonnie....I agree I don't think Adam's going to lose....he has real star quality. Again like I said last year, I think the songs are dreadful this year.

Ken
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megan did really go off!!
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they're losing their girl-power fast!
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megan was rather flippant with Simon, wasn't she? I don't blame Simon for not wanting to save her.
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I missed the first half of the show last night so I can't say who I think should go home. I was afraid I had missed Adam but I was so glad he was last. I don't think I've ever looked forward to seeing a AI contestant perform as much as I look forward to seeing Adam. He is just so good and he always chooses songs I like. Smile
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam was awesome, as always.

Marjorie, did you see Allison perform? She was great, too. If you missed it, you can watch it on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS2DXWC_aug

The other performances from last night are on YouTube as well.

I'm thinking that Scott may go this week.
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BonnieNY wrote:
Marjorie, did you see Allison perform? She was great, too. If you missed it, you can watch it on YouTube...

Unfortunately I can't watch YouTube because of this stupid webtv system. I actually did see part of Allison's performance and she was great as always. I sure hope she and Adam are the top two finalists.
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought tonight's performances were pretty good altogether. I've got to say that I am so tired of the judges' criticism of Lil. I just don't understand what they want from her. I'm not even a fan of hers (just because I really don't like R&B), however she just can't seem to do anything right in the judges's eyes. I do think Simon was probably right and she will probably go home tomorrow night.

I think Anoop and Matt will also be in the bottom three with Lil and Anoop going home.

I think I loved Kris' performance the best tonight. I loved the different arrangement he did (with somebody's help I'm sure) of "She Works Hard For the Money". I loved Adam too but I say that every week and have come to expect greatness from him.

I was a real fan of Danny's at the beginning but I find him rather boring now. He's got a great voice but I don't find his performances at all engaging. I totally agreed with Simon's criticism of him tonight.

My pick for the ultimate top two has always been Adam and Allison but now I have to put Kris as my number three (possibly replacing Allison for my choice of number two). I'm now looking forward to Kris' performances almost as much as Adam's.
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny's was the most authentic "disco" song-- Chris was so far away from a "disco" theme my dad couldn't understand the lyrics. I had to explain to him that the theme was "disco songs" but they could make them unique to their own style. He said that's like going to Jazz night & hearing country!
I loved Anoop & Adam, I think Lil Rounds & Matt will go- Matt sang Staying Alive with too much attitude. I'm amazed Simon didn't pick up on the "I'm going nowhere-Somebody help me" line!
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. My computer has been at the shop (being fixed). I just got it back after being off-line for a week!

I'm sticking with...

1. Adam
2. Allison
3. Danny

Marjorie, I agree that the judges were too hard on Lil. She's talented, and I think she'll go on to have a career in the business.

Oh, I think I heard that this week, the contestants will be singing the standards from the Frank Sinatra era! Should be interesting! Very Happy
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight should be very good show, I love the songs from the Rat pack... Dean Martin, Frank Sinitra and Sammy Davis Jr......
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is hard to say who did the best and who did the worst last night. I think everybody did a real good job. I did think Matt and Danny gave excellant performances and were perhaps my favorites.

I got a phone call during Adam's performances so I missed a little of that (I got the person off of the phone as quickly as I could!!Laughing). I think I would have perferred him to do a more standard arrangement of that song but as always he was amazing (a word I rarely use btw).

I am loving Kris more and more so I want him to stay. Unfortunetly I think Simon was right in that Allison may go tonight (why doesn't America love her???) and Matt will probably join her in the bottom two.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Movie & TV Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: