[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

American Idol season 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Movie & TV Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BonnieNY
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a feeling that the judges will somehow factor into the results. I'm just not sure I like the idea. Smile
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonnie,

If you noticed, Simon said the same thing last night about America maybe not liking it.

Ken
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken, true. Smile

Well, I won't spoil anything for the West Coasters, but I just heard the new rule, and I don't mind it. Smile
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't either Bonnie...I think it's pretty good.

Ken
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Bonnie, you nailed it on the head as to who would be voted off. That's two points for Bonnie!!! Laughing

Although I predicted Anoop would go home I'm glad he didn't. I would like to see more from him.

And the judges getting to save someone that was voted off is a good idea I think. However in the end it probably really doesn't matter in what order they are sent home. Cream will rise to the top somehow. Just the same, I'd rather not see another Michael Johns or Chris Daughtery incident.
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marjorie63 wrote:
Well Bonnie, you nailed it on the head as to who would be voted off. That's two points for Bonnie!!! Laughing

Thanks. :lol:

Marjorie63 wrote:
Just the same, I'd rather not see another Michael Johns or Chris Daughtery incident.

Right, or a Jennifer Hudson! Then again, she had the last laugh. Very Happy
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my favorite tonight was Allison. I think either Michael or Scott will go home.

I admired Michael for doing that lyrically challenging song however I just think he lacks a connection to the audience. He seems a little uncomfortable to me.

As someone who is also visually impaired, I have been pulling for Scott but I have to admit that he is rather monotonous and somewhat boring. He is very much at a disadvantage in that he can't move around the stage as the others can (although I certainly don't think that is necessary for a good singer). It sounds as though he knows a lot about arrangements so maybe he could have a career in the music business but perhaps not as a performer in this day in age. Perhaps he would have had more of a chance in the seventies. Just my opinion though...

Now about Adam....I totally agreed with Kara - strange but I kind of liked it. But he really is going to have to be less theatrical and reign it in during future performances. Like I said earlier, I think that the theatrics may eventually turn people off. He seems almost too professional and polished.

For some reason I have a soft spot in my heart for last season's contestants but I do think this is a pretty talented group.
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Mom and I had a conversation about last night's AI. Neither of us think there's a clunker in this group. Not a Sanjaya to be found. Wink

Of course, I have my preferences. I do love Allison. I've loved Danny from his first audition, and he'll always be a fave of mine. I'm thrilled that Anoop was given another chance last week, because I thought he was back to his awesome self last night. His may have been my favorite performance of the evening.

I happen to really like Adam, but my Mom thinks he's bizarre (it's a generational thing, I think). Actually, my Mom likes his voice but finds him odd. I think he's a bit of an anachronism, as his style (a la Nine Inch Nails) was popular in the 1990s. Still, he has incredible star potential, IMO.

Marjorie, I also have a soft spot for Scott. I hope he stays a little longer.

If I had to take a guess on who will go home, I'd say Michael. That's just a wild guess, though. No one stands out as being the obvious choice to me.

P.S. I forgot to say that I also liked Lil Rounds last night. She has quite a lovely voice.
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

America got that wrong in my opinion. I really looked forward to Alexis' performances. And I can't believe Allison was in the bottom three too.

Although I'm upset about Alexis' departure, I don't blame the judges for not using their only "save" so early. I think if Danny, Lil, Adam or Allison were to get voted off early they would get saved.
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm bummed about Alexis. I also fear for Allison, as it seems she doesn't have a solid (voting) fan base behind her. It would be a shame if she didn't make the top 3. She's just so good, IMO. I do think the judges would save her if she were on the very bottom, but they can only do that once, of course. Also, IIRC, they can only do it prior to reaching the top 5. This doesn't bode well for Allison.
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really disappointed about Alexis(she was my favorite). I think she has great charisma and a terrific voice and presence. I was so upset that I googled her myspace and sent her a message on it telling her how much I liked her.

I'm starting to think that Matt and Kris are up there in America's eyes. I was really surprised with Adam's song on Tuesday...what was that???

Ken
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Matt and especially Kris get the young girl vote because they are cute guys.

I like Adam. He is defintely entertaining and defintely not boring as some of the others are. I do think however that there are a lot of people who don't like him. I was reading a non-American Idol message board and almost everyone there couldn't stand him. I think he really has a good voice and is going to have to put the focus on that and not all of his theatrics soon or I'm afraid he will be voted off sooner than expected. But what do I know!!! Laughing

After seeing Alexis voted off so early, I have a feeling that there may be a lot of surprises this season.
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked Kris and Anoop tonight. I think Kris defintely has the looks to be a teen idol. I thought Allison was terrific as usual. As Kara said she has a gift from God...that can't be taught. Adam did exactly what I thought he needed to do and that was tone it down and lose the theatrics (for at least one week). I so look forward to his performances each week.

I really didn't like Megan Joy. I have absolutely no musical background or experience but I thought she just sounded awful. I really liked her at first but not so much anymore. I also really liked Michael at the beginning but find him stiff and uncomfortable now and frankly boring. Scott didn't wow me either but I think Megan or Michael should go home.
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam was my favorite last night. That guy has incredible star quality. I loved that he showed how he can tone it all down and sing a beautiful song.

Alison was also fabulous.

Matt and Chris were quite good, IMO.

Megan was a (bad) surprise. I think Kara was right -- "My Guy" would've been a better choice for her.

Bottom 3: Megan, Scott, Michael

Going home? If it were up to me, it would be Michael.
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without giving too much away, I just have 3 words...

I. LOVE. ADAM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Movie & TV Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: