[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

American Idol season 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Movie & TV Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a few thoguhts:

I haven't really committed to too many of these singers yet. I'm hoping some of the silly contestants like Tatiana, Nathaniel and a few others are dispensed with quickly.

If Nick/Norman had been voted in, it would have been a travesty. It would have completely destroyed any credibility this show has. He is a joke and his 15 minuts of fame are thankfully over. Over that is unless the judges a/k/a Fox executives take into account the "Sanjhaia factor" as he is controversial and may create a bigger buzz therefore higher ratings. But at least Sanjhaia was cute. This guy is just a joke. Good riddance.

As for David Osmond, I wasn't aware that he had laryngitis and couldn't perform. Too bad because he could sing and has a built in fan base to support him. I would imagine if David wants a music career he will have opportunities working with his family in some form or another.

I liked some of the performances this week: "Alone"< "Betty Davis Eyes", "Girl put your records on", "Man in the mirror" and the song the guy who played the duelling pianos a few weeks ago did too. I was not impressed with the kid who sang "Satisfaction". He seemed to be over singing the song - and just trying way to hard. Didn't demonstrate any personality while singing it either. His vocal was way high - kind of in a Robert plant way - which I always found annoying. Surprisingly he received no criticism but only praise from the judges.

What did everyone think of Brooke White's song, "Hold up my Heart"? Brooke was my favorite from last year and I hope she has a hit with the song. I liked the song but wasn't blown away by her peformance. More specifically, it was the arrangement that bothered me. It seemed to lack energy. What no backup singers?
BonnieNY
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheriffswell wrote:

What did everyone think of Brooke White's song, "Hold up my Heart"? Brooke was my favorite from last year and I hope she has a hit with the song. I liked the song but wasn't blown away by her peformance. More specifically, it was the arrangement that bothered me. It seemed to lack energy. What no backup singers?

Ed, I think that's Brooke's style -- laid back, low key, singing with just a piano or guitar. Very Carol King/Carly Simon. I'm a Brooke fan, too, and I hope the single does well. Smile
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note to Marjorie:

I just watched some Idol wrap-up show on the TV Guide Channel. Jason Castro was the guest, and he debuted a new single. I really liked it. He'll be performing it on AI next week. Very Happy
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed,

I checked itunes today and it says that Brooke's song is I think 7th on the most popular songs so I guess she did a good job Thursday.

Ken
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonnie,

Thanks for that info about Jason. I can't wait until Wednesday!! Laughing
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well no one blew me away last night.

I'm sure the top female will be Lil Rounds. They seem to leave the best for last each week so there's no doubt she'll go through. Her type of music isn't my cup of tea but she'll appeal to many.

Of the guys, my top three are Ju'not, Scott and Jorge. I think once Scott gets the opportunity to play keyboards, he'll realy shine. I think two of the three will go through but I can't decide which two.

Of course the best part tonight (for me anyway) will be I'll get to see those dreadlocks sing again. Can't wait!! Laughing Laughing
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Spoiler alert from People.com Reply with quote

SPOILER ALERT: The Wild Cards Are Revealed & Three More Join Idol
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Jason Castro is supposed to perform this week, so maybe he will tonight? If not, perhaps he was bumped to next week.

I've loved Scott from his first audition, so I'm really glad he made it to the Top 12. Lil Rounds seems to be a frontrunner, but I agree with Marjorie -- her musical style is not my favorite.

I was really glad that Megan and Jesse made it into the Wild Card group. I hope they both make the Top 12.

Please, oh PLEASE, no more Tatiana.
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonnie, I totally agree about Megan and Jesse. And I'm sure everybody agrees about Tatiana (I hope). I had a feeling she would be a wild card choice. I'm sure the producers made sure of that.

I hope Jason does sing tonight but the show is only an hour and I'm afraid there won't be time. If not, perhaps next week.

I'm going out on a limb early here but my choices for the final four are Lil, Adam, Alexis and Danny. But then again it could be...Laughing
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, about the Wild Card...

I'm very happy with the choices of Megan and Matt. Actually, Matt completely flew under my radar until last night, but I really liked his performance. I wish Jesse would've made it. Jasmine is a pretty girl with a pleasant voice, but I can't find anything unique about her. Jesse is much more original, IMO. Aren't the judges always claiming to be looking for originality? Confused

The best news of the night was that Tatiana was booted. Why on Earth would she sing that same song 3 times? Maybe she doesn't know too many songs in English? I dunno.
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I found interesting this year is that usually they have 6 guys and 6 girls in the top 12 but now it's pretty lopsided with 8 guys and 5 girls.

Ken
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tatiana show up on a few talk shows in the coming weeks.

I agree with you Bonnie about Jesse. I really liked her and think she definitely should've been put through.
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My picks to go home tomorrow are Anoop and Jorge. I really liked Anoop in the past but like the judges said, he was just doing a bad impersonation of Michael Jackson. I think Jorge would probably make a great Latin performer but not an American Idol.

Allison is unbelievable. Like Randy said if you have it, you have it and it doesn't matter how old (or young) you are.

What can be said about Adam. But I think he's so over the top that the public might tire of him. It will be interesting to see him do a slower more intimate song. He's going to have to change it up a bit eventually. But he's still my choice to win.

I wonder if the change that they spoke about at the end will somehow involve the judges opinion being counted into the final tally. I hope so as sometimes American just doesn't get it right!! Smile
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marjorie,

I agree with your your choices for top 2 this week. Allison, Adam, Danny, and Matt (not necessarily in that order) were my top 4.

I think Anoop has a really good voice and hope he'll be given another chance. He just picked the WRONG song. Big time.

My 2 choices to go home would be Jorge and Jasmine. Even though Jasmine did slightly better than Anoop, IMO, I think he has more potential.

If the judges get to factor into any decisions, it would change the entire premise of the show. You know the old saying...If something ain't broke, don't fix it. Wink
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marjorie,

I think you're right about the judges having a say in who stays and goes....I was thinking the same thing. They're probably trying to level the playing field a little...not exactly sure how but I think that's what they're doing.

I think Adam, Danny and Allison were very good...I also like Alexis a lot but think she picked the wrong song. To be honest, I wasn't too crazy about any of Michael Jackson songs except the old Jackson 5 songs. It was cool hearing "Rockin' Robbin" again.

Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Movie & TV Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: