[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

American Idol season 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Movie & TV Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a lot of drama queens this season-of both sexes!
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the only surprise in tonight's results show was that Tatiana didn't pass out (and thus get all of the attention) when Ryan announced she wouldn't be in the top 12. I suppose that with the "wild card" positions there may be a chance that we haven't seen the last of Tatiana. Smile

The three who did make it were the three that I thought would. I do think Alexis was the stand out. Danny and Michael were good but I think the fact that they are both such likable people got them through more than their performances. I like Danny very much but I agreed with what Simon said after his perfomance more than with the raves the other three gave him.

I'm looking forward to next week when that guy with the alter ego sings (can't remember either of their names). Smile
BonnieNY
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that would be awful if Tatiana came back as a wild card! Mad I was thinking we were rid of her, but a wild card spot is certainly possible. UGH.

I knew that Alexis and Danny would be finalists, but I really wasn't sure who would take that third spot. I think Michael got lucky, as this bunch didn't perform very well on Tuesday night.

I'm liking Kara, the new judge, so far. I think she's having a positive effect on Paula.

Marjorie, I'm not sure how I feel about the guy with the alter ego. He sure is odd. Wink
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the most part I thought Wednesday's performances lacked energy and excitement and were just plain boring. Of course there were execptions.

Nick/Norman was the most entertaining perfomance on AI ever. As Simon said this probably isn't the right competition for him but so what!! I definitely see him in a entertaining Vegas show. I want him to go on just because he makes me laugh.

I think the top two will be Adam (Satisfaction) and Allison (Alone). Adam was one of my favorites from Hollywood week. I'm sure he'll do well.

I also liked Megan Joy although I wasn't familiar with the song that she sang. I also likedJ Jesse (Bette Davis Eyes). I hope one of them gets a wild card pick.
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marjorie63 wrote:
For the most part I thought Wednesday's performances lacked energy and excitement and were just plain boring. Of course there were execptions.

Nick/Norman was the most entertaining perfomance on AI ever. As Simon said this probably isn't the right competition for him but so what!! I definitely see him in a entertaining Vegas show. I want him to go on just because he makes me laugh.

I think the top two will be Adam (Satisfaction) and Allison (Alone). Adam was one of my favorites from Hollywood week. I'm sure he'll do well.

I also liked Megan Joy although I wasn't familiar with the song that she sang. I also likedJ Jesse (Bette Davis Eyes). I hope one of them gets a wild card pick.
There will be 3 tonight, so Jessie or Megan could still be chosen tonight. I also liked the guy who sang the 60's song (Simon called him "old-fashioned")
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't clear in my post. I meant that Adam and Allison will be the top male and female and that Nick/Norman will be the third.
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marjorie63 wrote:

Nick/Norman was the most entertaining perfomance on AI ever. As Simon said this probably isn't the right competition for him but so what!! I definitely see him in a entertaining Vegas show.

TOTALLY Vegas! I was thinking the same thing last night. I don't know that I could tolerate a whole season of him on AI. Wink

I agree with your picks for the win (Adam and Allison). Not sure about the third person. Which is the girl with the long blonde hair and tattooed arm? I can see her being in that winning group.
Randy64
Official Bus Driver

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm finding it difficult to muster much enthusiasm for any of the contestants I've seen this year. I'm hoping they're saving the best for last.
Pray
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to spoil anything for the West Coasters, but I can answer my own question now. Smile Megan is the girl with long blonde hair, and Jesse is the "older" (28, I think) girl with red hair.
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Yes, Yes!! good choices!
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of right now I think Adam is my favorite. I really don't remember Kris (The Man in the Mirror) from Hollywood week but from what the judges said of his previous performances, I'm looking forward to seeing more of him.

I'm a little disappointed that Nick/Norman didn't go through and I'm guessing the judges probably won't pick him to compete for a wild card slot especially if Simon gets his way. He would have been something to really look forward to every week although if he continued to do his schtick each time, it would get old fast.

I'm guessing that they weren't allowed to play instruments at this point but I hope they will once they get to the top 12. I really thought that added very much to the performances last season. Jason Castro with his ukelele was the best!! :lol:

I think I'm agreeing with Simon more this season than ever before. I don't think I'd necessarily phrase my criticism in the same way as he does but the sentiment would be the same. Smile
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy...I agree with you about the talent not being as good this year.

Marjorie, I also agree with you about Adam and also Allison. I think these two plus Alexis from the first group will go far.

Ken
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we only have half of the 12 finalists so far, but Adam is my early pick to win it all. He's great.

It was nice to see/hear Brooke White perform her new single!
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BonnieNY wrote:
It was nice to see/hear Brooke White perform her new single!

I agree Bonnie. I also really loved seeing Carly Smithson and Michael Johns sing together on last week's show. I think last season had somre really good contestants. Now if they could just get Jason to come back and sing I'd be a happy camper!! Laughing
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marjorie63 wrote:
Now if they could just get Jason to come back and sing I'd be a happy camper!! Laughing

Ha! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Movie & TV Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: