[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Another Vintage DC Notebook?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Another Vintage DC Notebook? Reply with quote

Hey, guys: Very Happy

I realize there's been a TON of DC/PF memorabilia produced (and even REproduced Shocked ) throughout the past few decades, so the first time (a couple years ago) that I saw a DC three-ring binder/notebook offered on eBay, I assumed (Alright, alright, no comments from the Peanut Gallery, thank you! Razz Laughing ) it was the SAME one I bought at a Boys' Market (anybody else remember that chain supermarket?) back in 1971, but was surprised that it wasn't. The one I presently have is this: David on the front cover, circa 1972 (PF Season 3 I think, given the shorter haircut), four concert pictures of him on the back. Very nice. Very Happy

The one I REMEMBER purchasing all those years ago was (I believe) the SAME cover of the ORIGINAL "David Cassidy's Greatest Hits" album from 1973-74: he was wearing long-sleeved white shirt, chin resting near the bend of his left elbow, glowering moodily into the camera; the back cover contained the same image. I realize there were several such items available back then, but, I have yet to see this particular notebook/binder offered. Does anyone else remember this one as well? 'Just seems a bit odd that I have yet to come across it on eBay. Confused
Rugger57
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too, Daydreamer, there were 2 spiral paper-filled notebooks. I forget what the photos on the front were at this point. These and the binder with the concert photos on the back were what I had as a kid. I bought them in the summer of '72, between the second and third seasons. Made by Mead, I believe.
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Mark: :D

Thanks for responding. I have, indeed, seen those spiral-bound notebooks mentioned (on eBay, and in my memorabilia book, "TV Toys"), but have yet to see the ORIGINAL three-ring binder I KNOW I PURCHASED back in '71. Shocked 'Seems a bit strange to me that no one else seems to even remember its existence. Confused Still, it WAS a LONG time ago....

Who knows, I may happen across it again one day in future. Hopefully, I won't be outbid! :lol:

Thanks again,
Sabrina Wink
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the original 3 ring notebook. It had an extreme close-up of David in the pinkish lace-up knit shirt on the front & 3 concert pics on the back. The only problem with it was the rings were defective & wouldn't snap closed (it was more like an under-bite!)
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rugger57
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, CassidyDiva! I have to disagree with you, but wasn't it a WHITE lace-up shirt? Mine looked white, not pink. And mine also had 4 concert photos of David on the back, not three. And, I MUST tell you....my binder was so tight that I could hardly get it to open to put paper in it. Of course, I'd NEVER dream to carry it to school, as I'm a guy and I'd have been laughed all the way back home again. I was a closet Partridge lover.
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok- I was wrong--I haven't seen it in years- it's locked up in storage!
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AtTheEndOfItAll
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rugger57 wrote:
Of course, I'd NEVER dream to carry it to school, as I'm a guy and I'd have been laughed all the way back home again. I was a closet Partridge lover.

That reminds me when I took a friend home from school one day for the very first time and I didn't even think about all of the David Cassidy photos I posted on my bedroom walls! So when we entered the bedroom, I saw him look at all of the photos and a big smirk began forming on his face. I had to come up with an excuse quickly. So I told him I just moved into my sister's old bedroom and I was getting ready to remove them from the wall. I even made fun of some of David's poses to make sure it was believable or I would have been dead meat in school the next day (sorry David!). Thankfully he bought it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: