[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

The Christmas Episode from Season 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IloveKeith
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Hey Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Leigh and I'm new here, I just joined today. I've seen the Christmas episode and I love that one. David Cassidy is really funny in that one, well so is everyone else. The songs they sang in that episode are: "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" and "Have yourself a Merry little Christmas". I was watching that episode last night and for some reason at the end when they sing "Have yourself a Merry little Christmas" to Charlie (the guy who lives in the ghost town) it made me cry. I really have no idea why it's just sad to me. I just love that episode. Well actually I just love the show.
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: WAS the Season To Be Jolly! Reply with quote

Well...the holiday season is over. It was fun while it lasted, huh gang?
The year brought us Seasons 1 & 2 of The Partridge Family and a new CD with unreleased songs! But it also took some beloved people who brought us hours of joy as well, Johnny Carson, Rodney Dangerfield, Richard Pryor & Don Adams! Hopefully this year will be as fruitful for all of us Partridge People out there. Here's to hoping for a banner year!
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Here's A Thought...... Reply with quote

What about Sony DVD Division releasing a Holiday DVD of all the shows that have Christmas episodes. Naturally, to include TPF episode, of course. The shows that belong to them. I think that would be a blast to have on one collection. They could maybe fit 6 half hour shows on 1 disc. Or 12 on a 2-disc set. Wouldn't that be fantastic?
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Sheriff Swell Reply with quote

Is it my imagination or in the Christmas episode where Sheriff Swell has a 'stick up'...isn't the lollipop on the wrong side from where he put it in his hat? I know he is looking in the mirror......is it me, could have sworn it was on the other side.
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Tis The Season.... Reply with quote

Counting down the days until I start my seasonal ritual of Holiday videos
Starting on December 1st, they go into heavy rotation on my DVD player!
I try not to get a jump on the holiday season, unlike retail who satrting tomorrow will have all the Christmas gear for sale. My holiday season starts Dec 1st until the end of the first week of January. I will watch the PF holiday episode on the 1st, 24th & 25th. Anything in between these will be bonus round. I am just excited that after all these years, I can add this to my collection! Love the new format for the board...when did this happen?
Ba Ba Booey
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Hey Reply with quote

[ when they sing "Have yourself a Merry little Christmas" to Charlie (the guy who lives in the ghost town) it made me cry.

Well feel free to call me a sap. I was six years old when the episode originally aired and had never seen it until now. Please don't tell my macho friends, but yeah I cried. I believe mine were Happy tears I normally don't like fantasy episodes but that one was really cute. Ok everyone, if you could use a laugh then keep reading. There was a song in the movie Toy Story that got me choked up I think it was called "When she loved me" my eyes welled up for that one.
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Ba Ba Booey: Very Happy

Don't feel so badly about being touched by TPF's Christmas episode as: (1) You're among friends, and (2), even a crusty, old cynic like yours truly can't help getting misty when the family return with the shiny, new silver bell for the ghost town, and wind up serenading lonely Charlie. Aw geez, I'm gettin' sniffly just thinkin' about it. Embarassed

As for OTHER seasonal fare, most of which I despise (as is the wont of my little, black heart), promise NOT to tell anyone, but I can't watch the vintage "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer", "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" or "A Charlie Brown Christmas" anymore without the waterworks GUSHING!! I tell you it's EMBARRASSING!! It just RUINS my self-delusional belief that I'm actually capable of (one day anyway) BECOMING a TOUGH chick!!! Shocked

Oh, well, now the secret's out, I guess I just have to DEAL with it. So, don't feel so ALONE, Ba Ba Booey, the woods are full of us! Wink
Ba Ba Booey
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Hi back at ya Reply with quote

Well I don't have much time to type, But thanks for the words of encouragement. And while I'm on the subject of tears, I'll confess I recently rediscovered The Partridge Family And I bought The so called "Definitive" C.D. And I got a little misty when I heard "I'll meet you halfway" because I have a happy memory of the Summer of 1971 and being at a Drive In (Milford Connecticut) with my parents, and before the movie started, I got so excited when I heard "I'll meet you halfway" on the cheap speakers throughout the Drive In grounds.
Cheers !
IloveKeith
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: Hey Reply with quote

Quote:
[ when they sing "Have yourself a Merry little Christmas" to Charlie (the guy who lives in the ghost town) it made me cry.

Well feel free to call me a sap. I was six years old when the episode originally aired and had never seen it until now. Please don't tell my macho friends, but yeah I cried. I believe mine were Happy tears I normally don't like fantasy episodes but that one was really cute. Ok everyone, if you could use a laugh then keep reading. There was a song in the movie Toy Story that got me choked up I think it was called "When she loved me" my eyes welled up for that one.

I cried during that episode too. I think it makes people cry because Charlie starts getting teary eyed. My mom and one of my friends thought I was crazy for crying after that episode but I can't help my emotions. I also cried during that Toy Story movie, I think it was Toy Story 2. It was a sad part, because I think that happened to me with my toys too, and I felt bad. I think I mentioned above, in one of my previous posts that I cried during the PF christmas episode, but just to let everyone know again, I CRIED DURING THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY CHRISTMAS EPISODE, AND I'M PROUD!

Now, every time I hear Have yourself a Merry little Christmas I feel the tears comin'.

Very Happy Laughing
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to admit that I get a little choked up watching that scene also. Did anyone watch Patridge Family on Friday? Did you noice how they began the episode, and then played the opening theme credits, I liked the way they did that.

Speaking of getting chocked up watching TV, anyone watch the Christmas episode of Eight is Enough when Tommy opens a present from his deceased mother at the end of the program. Some 30 years later and that scene still pulls at the heart strings.

Dean-O
stevechapman
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Christmas episode is one of my favorites. using the Christmas Songs from the Christmas Realease was perfect and when they sing Have yourself a merry Little christmas,It does indeed bring a tear to the eyes.
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pulled it out Sun night & watched it straight through. It seems too short! Must be the lak of ads
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: