[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

The Christmas Episode from Season 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Taping Christmas shows from the 70's & 80's Reply with quote

Hey I taped a whole bunch of Christmas shows back in the 80's when VCR's came out. Besides the blatant obivious ones.....some of the ones I taped, that I still enjoy, was the one that has Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton called "A Christmas to Remember". They released the CD to this show a few seasons back...was glad to be able to pick that up. I think they also released it on DVD (will have to check my collection out in the garage). Another fave is "Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas" There is just something magical about Christmas TV Specials. Maybe it is because they are an example of time standing still. But the Christmas episode from the Partridge Family is gonna be HUGE at my house this season.
I might cheat at check the episode guide to see when it originally aired, and watch it on that date. But most likely I will try to hold out for Christmas Eve. Very Happy
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PF Christmas episode is great, but I think The Frank Mills Christmas special that David and Shirley did in the early 80's is tops. Wink
I've got it on video somewhere, although I wish it was better quality.

Darryl
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please refresh our memory Darryl about this special as I don't remember it at all! Shocked Thanks! Cool
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to dig it out again. Everytime it gets mentioned, I want to see it again. Let's see how much my foggy memory I can recall.
I think the show aired around 1982-1983.
I was a Canadian Christmas special that had several celebrities on it.
David and Shirl sang several songs on it (seperately and together).

EDIT, FOUND IT
It also has Barbra Eden and Robert Pilon (who?).
Shirley sings Santa Claus Is Comming To Town, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
David sings White Christmas
They duet on Winter Wonderland.
All the stars sing the last 3 songs together (all Christmas songs.

Darryl
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Man, I'd love to see this! Very Happy
And how cool is it that they (Shirley & DC) duet -- just like on the PF! -- on Winter Wonderland! Sooooo Cool
(and who the heck is Frank Mills?? Shocked )
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.frankmills.com

Well, you asked. Laughing Laughing
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Frank Mills Reply with quote

Hey.....then we gotta have it. It needs to be included somewhere on a future set. I never heard about this little known gem of a find. Hey Greely...you should think about converting your vast collection to DVD,
for safe-keeping Wink .
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a friend of mine who's learning how to convert VHS tapes to DVD.
First I want to get our wedding video converted.
Then I will start going through my VHS tapes. Decisions Decisions. Confused

Darryl
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Greely's Wedding Reply with quote

Yeah...I can see how that would be a cause for concern there. Tough spot to be in Pal! But hey.....must be one hell of a video Smile .
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm...is it a wedding video or from the honeymoon??! Shocked Laughing Cool
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the wedding. Wink

Darryl
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Wedding & Honeymoon Reply with quote

Either way.....they will BOTH fit on DVD! Cool Now what were we talking 'bout?.....
Michael
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here I thought we were talking about the Frank Mills from "Hair"... Very Happy

I bought a VHS-DVD burner about 6 months ago and love it. It's great to get rid of all those old video tapes.
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: It Was 30 Years Ago Today Reply with quote

Well....after some 30 plus years, I have finally able to once again watch the most beloved PF Christmas Episode I have to say, it has been an ABSOLUTE treat! I was able to hold out on watching the episode until today, Christmas Day! It was well worth the wait! I watched it after I put on "It's A Wonderful Life" . My Christmas Day has been a tremendous blast.
Being able to add the PF Christmas Episode to my Seasonal Favorites is the star on my treetop! Happy Holidfays to all out there!
TimL2005
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: It Was 30 Years Ago Today Reply with quote

[quote="Skizzy Fleameyer"]Well....after some 30 plus years, I have finally able to once again watch the most beloved PF Christmas Episode I have to say, it has been an ABSOLUTE treat! I was able to hold out on watching the episode until today, Christmas Day! It was well worth the wait! I watched it after I put on "It's A Wonderful Life" . My Christmas Day has been a tremendous blast.
Being able to add the PF Christmas Episode to my Seasonal Favorites is the star on my treetop! Happy Holidfays to all out there![/quote

I got Season two for Christmas ..first and only thing I watched so far from the set was the Christmas episode..It was awesome! I had forgotten about Danny as the white-suited hero and the Partridges going back to give the old man a Christmas and the Christmas greeting tag at the end..I like Reuben's line near the end "Can I be mean for just 5 more seconds?" as he was about to pulverize Keith..It was great!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: