[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

The Christmas Episode from Season 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Being Jealous Reply with quote

You guys are killin' me! Shame on you I have only seen the original broadcast version. So of course I don't remember too much from it. I remember Sheriff Swell, Belle, the Dean Jagger character (I remember his scraggy voice) and the character that Dave Madden/Mr Kincaid played. I remember that it had to do with returning a town bell, and the Mr Kincaid character said it was his shaving kit or something like that. This is what I have to say to all out there....once I get Season 2 in my hands, as difficult as it will be, I am going try to hold off on watching the Christmas Episode until Christmas Eve of this year. I will need the help of all of you to keep me from peeking before then. I think I can hold out. but I will let ya know. Wink
NancyT501
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the recap Scott! Now that you describe it, I think I've seen a clip of Shirley and David walking together like that in some interview or biography or something. Ooooh I can't wait to see it!!! Skizzy...I don't know how you could wait until Christmas Eve, but that would really make it special!!! (Actually, if we don't get it until November, you won't have too long to wait!) I love the Dean Jagger character. He's so sweet. I love when he says "Goodbye family"...awwww.

Nancy Smile
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the first episode I'm going to watch. Cool
The copy I have on video always starts with Reuben saying something about getting chapped lips.

Darryl
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Tis the Season Reply with quote

Yep, that's my reasoning. A November release is not too far away from Christmas Eve. On Christmas Eve day starting from the moment I wake up I load up my DVD player with "Scrooged", "Home Alone 1 & 2"
"Christmas Story" and "It's A Wonderful Life". Then I reload with "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer", "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas", "Frosty The Snowman", "The Little Drummer Boy" & "Planes Trains and Automobiles". The Christmas Episode will be my piece d' resistance this year. This usually takes me into early evening, with good company of close friends, family and Egg Nog.
However I have to think on how I will be able to actually WATCHING the episode whilst doing hosting duties. I will probably kick everyone out after the episode plays, and I'll watch it again before I go to sleep and dream of sugar plums dancing in my head..... Wink Very Happy
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I guess you'll have to lick your lolly later, then. Very Happy
Sorry....sometimes they just write themselves! Rolling Eyes
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

Location: Either in SanPueblo,CA or getting on the bus being driven by the lovely Shirley to the next gig

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, I love that episode. It was just really cute. I'LL LICK MY LOLLY LATER!!!!!! I love that part. And the inside of the saloon is real corny but ya gotta love it. And when Laurie and Shirely are trying to get the bell back and they look @ Keith as their only hope and he's pulling a lolly out of his precious hair. lol soooooo priceless.
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since my husband goes nuts for Christmas and starts the Christmas DVD's the day after Thanksgiving, I'll be putting in this episodes ASAP.

He bought the Brady Bunch sEasons 1 & 2 and his first ep in was their Christmas episdode where Carol Brady needed her voice back to sing at Christmas eve services.

Well, he has to see the PF episode now. Laughing
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Christmas DVD's Reply with quote

That's when I start MY Christmas season too....the day AFTER Thanksgiving. Even though the American Seasonal Christmas Promos start right BEFORE Halloween Eh? . After Thanksgiving (at midnight), out comes the Christmas CD's & DVD's.
This year will be a blast Dancing! You guys had me goin' with "I'll lick my lolly later". Being that I haven't seen that episode since it originally aired....I had no idea what you were talking 'bout....then it popped back into my head that scene. Man it's gonna be great to see it again Very Happy !
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

Location: Either in SanPueblo,CA or getting on the bus being driven by the lovely Shirley to the next gig

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Christmas and The PF makes it even better.
sunshine eyes
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing gets you into the spirit like watching the PF Christmas episode. it has a great story that isn't yet another retelling of Scrooge.
little laurie
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,
I really love the Christmas episode to. That is one of my favorite.

Peace,
Little Laurie
imaginedani
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm so hanging to see this episode coz i always hear you guys go on about how good it is! Very Happy

season one is out here in 3 days!!! im so excited!

C'mon GET HAPPY! Smile
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you'll have to hold on a littl elonger for season 2!!

Lizzie
imaginedani
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im so EXCITED!! i ordered it today! should get it in a few days!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

C'mon GET HAPPY! Smile
TimL2005
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Christmas DVD's Reply with quote

Skizzy Fleameyer wrote:
That's when I start MY Christmas season too....the day AFTER Thanksgiving. Even though the American Seasonal Christmas Promos start right BEFORE Halloween Eh? . After Thanksgiving (at midnight), out comes the Christmas CD's & DVD's.
This year will be a blast Dancing! You guys had me goin' with "I'll lick my lolly later". Being that I haven't seen that episode since it originally aired....I had no idea what you were talking 'bout....then it popped back into my head that scene. Man it's gonna be great to see it again Very Happy !

I'm glad I'm not the only one that goes for Christmas TV Shows. I have taped so many over the years..Various Cartoons, movies, Variety Shows, even old Nashville Network Christmas Music Specials from around 1989-1990. I also try to find anything I can from the 50's and 60's..Jack Benny, Dragnet, etc..As far as PF..I had forgotten about the Christmas episode..Dave Madden played the Villian In The Black Hat ..David The Handsome, Not too bright Sheriff..Shirley the pretty Saloon singer, etc. Dont remember seeing it myself since its first airing..Looking forward to it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: