[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

The Christmas Episode from Season 2
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: The Christmas Episode from Season 2 Reply with quote

I am looking forward to seeing the Xmas episode from the second season. I believe I have only seen it once. Did they ever repeat it during the original broadcast? Has it appeared in syndication? What songs did they do in that one? Did they sing "My Christmas Card To You"? Doesn't that episode also have a tagline where they say "Merry Christmas" to the camera? Can't wait to add that to my Holiday collection of TV specials. Very Happy
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why we have an Episode Guide on the site. Here's the link to the synopsis:

http://www.cmongethappy.com/eguide/ep38.htm
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Xmas Episode '71 & '72 Reply with quote

Coolness....I am new here. Haven't quite navigated through everything on the site. There is a lot of info... So am I to gather that this episode has not seen the light of day since 1972? If that is truly the case, then it will be even that much better when it does show up on Season 2 DVD Set. Applause
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ity was part of the normal syndication package, so it's been shown when the show went into reruns. It's never been released on home video, however.
Canadian Reg
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Christmas episode Reply with quote

In Canada, the Christmas episode was included in the rotation on the Much Music music Channel. They even did a special broadcast at Christmas, one year. It is one of my favorite episodes... Season 2 DVD is going to be a great one....

Canadian Reg
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: XMAS Episode Reply with quote

Yay......Season 2 tenatively on schedule. The Christmas episode in within sight! I CAN NOT WAIT to see this again. I can only recall seeing the original broadcast. I have not seen it since then and apparently it has been shown a few more times in various different avenues. I will consider myself as lucky as the rest of you to see it once more. Applause Dancing
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

Location: Either in SanPueblo,CA or getting on the bus being driven by the lovely Shirley to the next gig

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the Christmas episode on Chicago channel 23. I was laughing soooo hard that I was tearing. I have never seen David Cassidy act like that before. lol
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me either, Itz! Very Happy
This ep will *definitely* be one of the first ones I watch when these DVDs come out! Laughing

As I recall though, it is one of the funniest episodes of the season, if not the entire series -- and I love when shows like this do an "out of character" episode (e.g., set in a different time like this one or a fantasy episode, etc.) and it actually works! Often times... well, sadly, it just doesn't. Shocked

Some of the best lines come out of this one too, one of my fave being the one about the lolly -- you can fill in the blanks! Wink
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Christmas episode was the episode I remembered most clearly from childhood, along with Bolero and Retail. I loved seeing the X-mas show again when it ran on Fox Family a few years ago. The Fox Family airings were a lot of fun--we'd watch them together in the Taco Stand, and get silly on the board about the shows the next day. Good times. Smile
partridgefan2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm new here but I wanted to add my 2 cents - first am so glad Season 2 will be released - I have Season 1 but 2 is my fave.

Second, the Christmas ep was always on in syndication but highly edited. I remember only seeing the very beginning where they do "Winter Wonderland" once. I think even in the beginning of syndication they showed this part, then as the years went on they dropped that part out (They liked to drop a lot of songs out of eps in syndcation!). It will be great to have it in it's entirety. Also I think this is one of the funniest episodes around!
NancyT501
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi gang! It feels like Christmas in August! This is such a great episode. I agree with you Joey, sometimes these "fantasy" type episodes can be really bad, but the writers did a wonderful job with this one! Smile Also, can someone refresh me on the "Winter Wonderland" part. I don't even remember it from the original airing (I was only seven!). Were they doing a concert or we're they rehearsing in the garage....singing around the tree???? Can't wait to see it uncut! Thanks!

Nancy Smile
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a performance during a concert. They wore their red velvet suits. Keith and Shirley sing it, sorta strolling arm in arm. It was a cute scene. Very Happy
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure is! Very Happy Isn't it the only time D&S "duet"? It opens the episode, if I recall correctly, then they're travelling home afterward and the bus breaks down (again!) and they run into Dean Jagger and ...well, you know the rest! Cool
Lizzie
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my *favorite* episodes....and where I got my "original" screenname "back in the day"--"Lollygirl" Wink

David as Sherriff Swell....Shirley as Belle....it is awesome, and I cannot wait!!!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: