[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Episode #1: What?! And Get Out Of Show Business?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season One
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZTAMS
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris_Wanna_B wrote:
I believe the girl drummer was really playing those drums, could be wrong though.

She was definitely playing. I'm very curious as to what happened to her.
AarHandy3
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: QUICK REMINDER: Reply with quote

Saturday's the big day! Cool

CELEBRATING 40 YEARS OF PARTRIDGEMANIA
(SEPTEMBER 25, 1970-2010)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm celebrating tonight, because here in Canada, The Partridge Family began on CBC at 8pm, Monday, September 21st. My family got together on Sunday and we were all telling stories about how everyone was anticipating it. They sure did a great job promoting The Partridge Family before it began, because it's all we were talking about at the time.

Interestingly, The Mary Tyler Moore Show also premiered the same evening on CBC (at 6pm), but even though it has become a much better remembered show by mainstream viewers, no one I've spoken to this week remembers that show starting the way we all remember The Partridge Family! Smile
DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Syndication in Canada Reply with quote

TVGord, do you know when it started in syndication in Canada? I remember watching it every weekday at five on CBC. We would anticipate the show on the school bus all the way home. The highlight of my day back then.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My memory is that it aired at 5:30 (eastern) everyday starting in the fall of 1974, and it ran for a few years. I remember being sadder when the daily reruns ended than when the show was cancelled in 1974. I thought we'd never, ever see it again! Hee hee!
DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Gord. Now that I think about it, I do remember it was 5h30. (What was on at 5? I remember that hour before supper as sacred TV time during grade school. One combo we liked a lot was Happy Days and Laverne & Shirley.)

If I started watching it in the fall of 74, I was only seven. I was thinking that I couldn't have fallen for David Cassidy so young but I have distinct memories of gushing over his pics at a friend's house - her older sister had stacks and stacks of teen mags - and she and I were joined at the hip every summer until grade two. I was eight at the most when I discovered the show.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what was on at 5 back then. I know that was about the time that they were fooling around with news, so the news may have been on at 5. Or it might have been something else Canadian (and, therefore, forgettable! Wink ). I remember watching The Edge of Night at 4:30 and The Partridge Family at 5:30, but I don't recall what was on between.

I live in Ottawa, where--back then--the only American channel we could get was WWNY, Watertown, New York. It was a CBS affiliate, but in that area of New York, they didn't have an ABC or NBC affiliate yet, so they ran shows from those networks during off-network hours. The Partridge Family ran on WWNY one day (I can't remember which day, but I think it was Tuesdays) at 5pm, the week AFTER it aired on ABC and CBC. I remember distinctly, though, in January of 1974 (BEFORE The Partridge Family was officially cancelled), WWNY replaced our Partridges with a new show called Happy Days! It was heartbreaking, even though we still got it in Canada on CBC the week before. That was when I started buying Variety and learned about what was going on behind the scenes in television....and TV Gord was born! Wink
DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! You have quite the memory. Of course, now I have to email CBC and ask for their lineup back then. Edge of Night!! I'd forgotten that soap. Never watched it, so I guess that's not surprising but I used to memorize the TV listings back then so the title was familiar.
alain m. bergeron
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks to the reruns and to CBC (in Canada), I picked up the first episode after the fourth season (I had a lot of catching up to do since I've discovered the Partridge Family only in the fall of 1972.
Still, to this day, the pilot remains my all-time" favorite PF episode. I've watched it again, and again and again. I love the songs and the story. There are some lines out there that I can tell at the same time as the actors.
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for bringing this up to the top.
Are you just bumping up the episodes for round 2?

Darryl
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bumped up the one episode, and anchored it at the beginning for people that want to start from Episode #1. Each consecutive week, the new episode -- in chronological order -- will be bumped to the beginning.

I kept the old comments, if they pertained to the episode, because that's what people seemed to want. But, I can change that if you all think it is confusing.

I am trying a new section on the BB specifically for the club, with each season separated into their own section. But, that would negate the discussion of just one episode. I am toying with how to proceed.

What are your thoughts?
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will each episode of the seasons have their own thread under the season for that episode?
Will you still keep the old DVD watcher's section or can the old threads be migrated into the new section?
Essentially moving threads from one part of the BB to another.

Darryl
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I am thinking. But, if people are too busy or don't have any interest, I won't be continuing. Very Happy
singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZTAMS wrote:
Chris_Wanna_B wrote:
I believe the girl drummer was really playing those drums, could be wrong though.

She was definitely playing. I'm very curious as to what happened to her.

I hope I didn't do something wrong, but I found her YouTube channel and sent her a message asking if she'd come on over and give us some background info, tell us about her career and what she's doing now. If this was inappropriate, please let me know, and I'll send her another note apologizing. In hindsight, I realize I should have asked first. Embarassed

I'm not exactly hopeful that she'll actually read that message any time soon, but I noticed that she did post some comments to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE4sI6th2H0

The background information posted there is different than what I've always thought. It would be good to get more info and ask her some questions.

I watched the first episode again. It was great to have all this background information this time. Thank you, All.

Impressions? I, too, think it is a great pilot. I can understand why people loved it. And now I can understand why David's fame was catapulted into the stratosphere after that aired.

I think I did see this back in September of 1970. The kids in my neighborhood at that time were into playing a lot of basketball and other things, and not watching much TV except for basketball games. So if not for them, I probably would have watched religiously every week. And it wouldn't have taken me long to develop a major crush on Keith. Very Happy
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that her youtube channel? I couldn't tell. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season One All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: