[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

2 questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

partridgepal wrote:
The way I look at it, I am in favor of any remake that is truly faithful to the original and not changed, that will bring attention to the original for a new audience. There will never be a new Partridge Family......NEVER!

PARTRIDGEPAL

I don't get it. What's the point of doing a remake and making it exactly like the original?! Just throw a tape or DVD of the original series in and watch that. If some TV station re-ran the episodes, a new generation would get to know the original. Remakes, reimaginings, re-dos -- whatever -- just DO NOT work. Haven't we found that out with:

Bewitched
Lost In Space
My Favorite Martian
Car 54, Where Are You?
The Addams Family
The Dukes of Hazzard
Scooby Doo
Rocky and Bullwinkle
Poseidon
Starsky and Hutch
The Mod Squad
Josie and the Pussycats
The Wild Wild West
Etc. etc. etc. etc.
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeySoCal wrote:
I dunno....after the debacle that was the big-screen version of Bewitched, I say...let sleeping dogs lie! Let us have our DVDs and reruns and such but please NO MORE REMAKES!!! Call them "reimaginings", "redos" (or don'ts!) or whatever you want, but a remake is a remake and more often than not..... just tarnishes the memory of the original.

Or maybe it's just me! Shocked

No, it wasn't just you. I saw the trailer for that one.
When I heard "...I'm hanging on the end of your broom..."
I couldn't turn it off fast enough. Shocked

Darryl
sunshine eyes
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figure that a theatrical movie would be set after the show ended, maybe have it set in 1976. Like if the show continued until then.
The PF never had any catchphrases, great lines but nothing on the lines of Porkchops and Apple Sauce or Oh My Nose. or my favourite: Remember Dad we're talking man to man now, not kid to man man to man but man to man man to man.
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Like Susan Dey, I prefer that the cast be suspended in time. So, reassembling the same cast for an update won't work for me either. Maybe 20 years ago when they were supposed to do it for FOX, but not now -- especially with Danny's current public persona. Nobody would believe him as a 46 year old Dannny Partridge, and I wouldn't want them to work in Danny B's real life drama into Danny P's. That kind of dramedy bombed when they tried it with The Bradys. (Anybody remember an alcoholic Marcia -- or a wheelchair bound Bobby??!!)

Well said, Scott. Like they say, "you can't go home again". This is the perfect example. It needs to stay right where it is. On DVD, CD and in our memory.
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of updates, remakes and whatnots..... is the I Dream of Jeannie movie still happening?? I certainly hope they've rethought this idea too!! Rolling Eyes
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, i think the only reason I yearn for any remake is because of lack of the original stuff. I think I wouldn't even care about new crap if they released seasons three and four on DVD and an ultimate box set of Cds including any and all Partridge songs ever reccorded, including all versions and unreleased stuff ever put to tape....then i could care less about any remake or anything else. I JUST CRAVE FOR NEW PARTRIDGE STUFF.....PERIOD! UGH!!!! I NEED Partridge STUFF!!!!!

Partridgepal
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: new pf Reply with quote

partridge pal:

I'd love some of the unreleased tracks, but I'm not complaining, since this show generated HOW many albums during its run? We really do have a lot of 'partridge stuff' already. "New" stuff ain't happening, and quite honestly, I don't want something that wasn't made from '70-'74.

Just my humble opinion Smile
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too. I'd rather re-heat left over filet mignon than eat brand new dog poop any day. Wink
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, PartridgePal: Very Happy

As much as I agree with both Scott (Da Man on All Things Partridge) and LuGroovyChick1970 (I'm STILL chuckling over her Christmas greeting to us all via Sherrif Swell Laughing ), I ALSO "HEAR" ya, PartridgePal, as I go through a bit of "withdrawl" myself on occasion! Surprised And there's only ONE cure for it: the release of Seasons 3 and 4 on DVD ASAP!! Laughing

In the meanwhile, there's always eBay for memorabilia: the lps, including the elusive "BB", are almost always available--great news, IF you have a turntable, and can FIND replacement needles in this day and age (I gave up in the 80s), that is!! Wink
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen, sister! Wink
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: new pf Reply with quote

Lu groovychick1970 wrote:
partridge pal:

I'd love some of the unreleased tracks, but I'm not complaining, since this show generated HOW many albums during its run? We really do have a lot of 'partridge stuff' already. "New" stuff ain't happening, and quite honestly, I don't want something that wasn't made from '70-'74.

Just my humble opinion Smile

I couldn't agree with you more.
I mean haven't we already done the 'New PF thing'?

Darryl
Randy64
Official Bus Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand where you all are coming from. Why recreate a classic when the original can stand on its own? I guess I'm trying to look at it through the eyes of a younger generation. I think to most of them, the PF is just another outdated TV show not worth their time. That's a shame. I wish there was some way to give them the PF "experience" in a form they would find palatable while maintaining the quality of the original.
IloveKeith
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind if they make a remake, I'm not against it, but I also think they should play the movies based on The Partridge Family more often and on channels that are popular and that a lot of people have. The way I got into The Partridge Family was that they played a special on it on VH1 called "When The Partridge Family Ruled the World." and I thought it looked like a good show, so I got into it. That was right when The In Search of The Partridge Family was about to happen. So, I think they should have VH1 play that special again, since a lot of the young generation watched that station. It got my attention, and I'm part of the younger generation. I have noticed that a lot of young people like David Cassidy and The Partridge Family on myspace, so we're starting to get a small, but new younger generation of fans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: